“Wonderful family Property. Closest to the Gondola” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save $100 Instantly!
Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Park City, UT
“Wonderful family Property. Closest to the Gondola”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I love this place. The Sundial Lodge is clean, affordable (when compared to others), close to the slopes and an excellent base for a ski holiday in Park City, UT. I stayed in B206, which is a one-bedroom overlooking the piazza (forum). The unit was equipped with travertine floors, granite counter tops, a full kitchen with garbage disposal and a washer and dryer. The bathroom is clean, with granite counter tops and a jetted tub. The bedroom has a very comfortable king bed and a nice flat screen television. The living room has a 42" flat screen T.V. two newish leather chairs, a sofa bed with a very comfortable queen size mattress. There is a nice dining table with 4 chairs and extra bar stools for extra seating at the granite kitchen island. The owners went out of their way to decorate everything top drawer.
There is a nice community fitness center filled with an elliptical machine, two stationary bikes, two treadmills, a universal gym and free weights. TSkis are safe, and stored in a ski room in the main lobby of the "B" building. THe Sundial has offers free underground parking. It also has a wonderful pool on the ground floor, and hot tubs on the ground floor and on the 3rd floor. All this, and only a few short steps from the gondola. I would highly recommend the Sundial Lodge over the Grand Summit, Westgate and other properties at the Canyons. Simply stated, it is the coziest property that is closest to the gondola. I don't think that every unit is the same, but B206 ROCKS!!!

Room Tip: Make sure that you book thru VRBO, and look at pics. before deciding. Choose a room with granite.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Weymouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We just returned from a trip to see our son in Utah. We stayed at the Sundial 5th floor. It was wonderful. 3 bedrooms and baths. Full kitchen, large windows to see the mountain, gondola, fall colors. The front desk staff was informative, happy and answered many questions we had. The canyons is a beautiful area. Great for kids, families, couples. Lots to see and do. The pool and hot tub clean and inviting. THere is also a hot tub on the 3rd floor roof overlooking part of the mountain. Every person you saw greeted you with a smile and comment. I would recommend to anyone. Restaurants to walk to, stores to shop at.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Lehi, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had a very nice corner room on the top floor (4th), so it had nice high ceilings. Huge bathroom with jetted tub and double shower. Bed was comfortable. Nice sitting area. We used the mini fridge for our drinks. Beautiful mountain view -- could see right up the mountain, and the gondola, bikers, the pool.

Check in was easy. I had made my reservation online and she was expecting us. (allseasonsresortlodging.com) We got a really good price online. Have also used same website for making res at The Lodge at the Mountain Resort, as they manage many different properties. Very friendly at the front desk. Parking garage was nice.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the top floor (4th) corner room with its high ceilings.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had a fantastic stay at the Sundial Lodge even though it was for only 1 night. We were traveling with another couple on a tour and were staying an extra night in the Salt Lake City area and decided that this would be the perfect place to stay and we were not disappointed.

The staff we encountered were all VERY friendly. The type of rooms we had was a 2 bedroom lock-out. Our friends had a living room/kitchen, large bathroom with heated tiled floors and a queen bed. We had the room right next door, with a king bed, microwave, coffee maker, dorm type fridge, couch, chair and desk and a smaller bathroom with heated tile floors. It was perfect for all of us. We kept the doors opened between the 2 rooms until it was time for bed, seeing there was also 1 locked door between the 2 rooms with a small hallway and the washer and dryer in it. We thought the rooms were nicely furnished and very clean.

The resort itself was beautiful and it was easy access to everything at the resort from the restaurants, to the mini golf to the Gondola up the mountain. We took the Gondola up, then there is a ski/chair lift to another part of the mountain….there is a place to eat/relax mid-mountain. We walked one of the trails and found a couple of moose in the woods. It started to thunder and they closed the Gondolas for the ride back so we had to wait in the “lodge” mid-mountain for them to open up the Gondola’s….luckily it was only about a 30 min. wait. There is also a zip-line and other activities at the resort that we did not have time to check out.

We did not eat at The Canyons but we did go about 2 miles from there and ate at the McDonald’s for lunch. There is also a Wal-Mart, and other places to eat in that area, along with a liquor store. We picked up some groceries at the Wal-Mart to make dinner at our resort and we bought wine at the liquor store across the street, seeing they do not sell wine or beer in their Wal-Mart. The resort had grills where you can grill out, but it was not like it was right at your back door, but definitely doable if you wanted to grill. The pool looked nice too.

We also went to Historic Park City on Main Street which was only about 2 or 3 miles from the resort. It was a nice quaint little resort town with plenty of shopping, restaurants, bars and a few Souvenir shops.

We also went to Olympic Park which is also only about 2 miles from the resort. It is free if you just want to look around the area and go in the museum but they had several activities to do for a charge. We really enjoyed walking around and watching some of the activities.

We really enjoyed our stay at Sundial Lodge and are glad we stayed an extra day after our tour. It is only about 30-35 minutes to the airport. I highly recommend this place to stay and would not hesitate to stay there again in the future!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I've stayed in Park City many times, but I finally stayed for the first time at the Sundial. Being in the shadow of the mountains makes for an incredible atmosphere, and with the huge outdoor hot tub inviting you to linger and take it in, I loved being part of the real *nature* side of Park City. The staff were courteous and respectful, the room was done in a classic Western rustic-chic feel. No complaints, and I'd happily return here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was traveling with my 3 young children, my mother & 96 year old grandmother.

- I booked a 2 bedroom unit so that we would have enough beds for our family. Upon arrival I was informed that the type of room that had been booked by reservations was not offered at the Sundial location.

- In the room, we discovered that there was only 1 sleeper sofa when I had been told at check-in that there would be 2 sleeper sofas for my children. I called the front desk and the clerk was unable/unwilling to change my room... asking "Do you really need two sleeper sofas, anyway?"

- That night I discovered the sleeper sofa had no bed sheets and it took more than 30mins for housekeeping to come up. The staff who delivered the sheets did not even offer to help make-up the bed.

- The next day it took more than 1hr., 2 phones calls to the front desk and 3 visits from housekeeping to obtain a replacement the broken coffee pot.

- The following evening, we discovered the iron was broken (leaking water on our clothes as we tried to iron them). Again it took far too long (more than 30mins) for my request for a replacement iron to be sent to our room.

- When I inquired at the front desk about a recommendation for someplace for my family (1adult + 3 children) to eat, the staff suggested The Farm (a 4-5 star restaurant). We were dressed in pool clothes and I was looking for someplace casual that my 5 year old would enjoy. Never once did the front desk clerk mention any other restaurants at the property, with the exception of one other restaurant also owned by the same hotel management company. Imagine my surprise when I walked outside and discovered the Westgate Grill and food service at the Umbrella Bar. We ended up having food at the Umbrella Bar while enjoying the outdoor concert & sitting at the fire pit.

- When I inquired at the front desk for directions to the small grocery located on the property, I was told that I must be confusing the grocery with the gas station located at the entrance of The Canyons. I explained to the front desk clerk that I had clearly seen a green awning with “Grocery” labeled on the front when we first arrived at The Canyons. The staff told me there was not a Grocery, but that there was a general store (which happened to be located inside of the other hotel, also owned by the same hotel management company). I walked over to the general store only to find a very limited selection of grocery items. The next morning I had to press a different front desk clerk several times before he would admit that there was a grocery located on the property and he finally gave me directions. When I finally found the grocery, it was just perfect…. It had a nice selection of items. It turns out, after talking to the grocery clerk, that this kind of thing happens all the time, as the grocery is owned by a different management company…. Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed to find that the staff at the Sundial kept referring me only to places at the resort that were owned by their own company, instead of truly attempting to help me find the best restaurant or grocery or store that provided the services that would make my stay at the hotel enjoyable for our family.

The end result, I will never recommend the Sundial or it’s related properties to anyone. The quality of service provided during our stay would be equivalent to the service provided by a 2-star hotel not that of a resort found in Park City.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Right outside the resort are shops, restaurants, equipment rentals and gondolas. Easy access to everything your heart desires. The room we had was fantastic! Clean, spacious with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was big and spotless as well.

You can snowboard/ski all the way down to the plateau where the resort is at. You can then grab a bite or a beer before jumping into the hottub to unwind. It's pretty awesome.

Can't wait to return this year for more fun in the snow and the great ambience.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort

Address: 3720 Sundial Court, Park City, UT 84098
Location: United States > Utah > Wasatch Range > Park City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Ski-In / Ski-Out Suites Swimming Pool
#9 Ski-In / Ski-Out Hotel in Park City
#13 Business Hotel in Park City
#20 Romantic Hotel in Park City
#23 Family Hotel in Park City
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort 3.5*

Located at the base of Canyons Resort and just steps away from the Red Pine Gondola, the Sundial is a perfect blend of classic mountain lodge architecture and metropolitan style and sophistication. Choose from our many hotel rooms, studios, 1- and 2-bedroom suites, and even 2-bedroom suites with additional sleeping loft and extra bath. All rooms feature relaxing oversized jetted tubs, and all suites come with full kitchens, warm fireplaces, sofa sleepers, and private balconies to take in the mountain air and sweeping views.

This property also offers unparalleled convenience, being positioned directly above and around the stores, restaurants and ski shop of the picturesque Canyons' Resort Village. Guests also enjoy the heated outdoor pool, rooftop hot tub and plunge pool, complimentary underground parking, and much, much more. Additionally, our complimentary winter shuttle service transports guests within the Canyons Village area and to Historic Main Street, where the most popular boutiques, galleries, restaurants, and nightlife can be found.

... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel Park City
Sundial Hotel Park City
Sundial Hotel At The Canyons
Sundial Lodge At Canyons Resort Park City, Utah

If you own or manage Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.