If you want to stay slopeside without paying hefty slopeside rates then Sundial is for you. If you are seeking a luxury or "hotel like" experience then you will do better elsewhere, such as at the nearby Grand Summit Hotel. Sundial charges less than you would expect, and the staff make an effort to provide the most possible within that budget. Hot drinks in the lobby apres-ski, valet parking and a fair ratio of staff make up for what is otherwise a spartan lodge.
Our room and the decor were simple, nice touches included the small in-room kitchen and porch. The lobby and public areas are small and the elevator wait time can be long at peak times.
Overall Sundial is a decent alternative for the budget minded who want to stay slopeside - the location is ideal, just a few feet away from Canyons ticket office and the gondola and in the center of Canyons base village.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel Park City
- Sundial Lodge At The Canyons Hotel
- Sundial Hotel Park City
- Sundial Hotel At The Canyons
- Sundial Lodge At Canyons Resort Park City, Utah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sundial Lodge is located just steps from Red Pine Gondola and an unparalleled ski experience. Positioned in the heart of Canyons Resort Village, Sundial places a premium on vibrancy. Within easy walking distance to ski school, Ski Beach, Murdock's Cafe, restaurants and fabulous resort shops. Sundial is a 35 mile drive from SLC Airport and 4.2 miles from Park City’s historic main street. It’s where the action is! Sundial invites guests to take advantage of complimentary WIFI, free underground parking, ski storage, fitness room, rooftop hot tub and heated outdoor pool all in a warm and energetic ambiance. As of 12/1/12 the majority of Canyons managed lodging accommodations in, Sundial Lodge, will have been refurbished as part of a $1.5 million renovation plan. Guests will enjoy a brisk walk to the Grand Summit for access to the spa, The FARM restaurant, Red Tail Grill, childcare, horse drawn sleigh rides, outdoor adventures and Canyons famous alpine breakfast buffet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Fareportal and Venere so you can book your Sundial Lodge at Canyons Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.