“Didn't want to leave - booked again for next year!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waldorf Astoria Park City

Save Saved
You added Waldorf Astoria Park City to your Saves list
Waldorf Astoria Park City
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   2100 Frostwood Drive, Park City, UT 84098 (Formerly Dakota Mountain Lodge & Golden Door Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
For The Love of Food
Ranked #10 of 59 hotels in Park City
New Haven, Connecticut
“Didn't want to leave - booked again for next year!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

These are the most incredible rooms I've ever seen in a hotel. We were in a one bedroom suite - full kitchen, beautifully laidout, Viking appliances and everything you would need to be comfortable for a very long time. Two fireplaces, bedroom with very comfortable king bed, two bathrooms - and even a washer & dryer. The first time I've done laundry on my vacation! Great pool area - very large with plenty of lounges. Dinner at Spruce was excellent - the trio of sorbets and beignets for dessert were awesome. Absolutely did not want to leave. We've already booked for a full week next year. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

646 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

The property is what you would expect from a 5 star hotel. Excellent service, tasteful decor, great pool and workout rooms, and friendly staff. We also enjoyed the convenient access to The Canyons and local hiking and mountain biking trails.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Northbridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

I booked this hotel for an off season getaway with the breakfast package ($50/day food & beverage credit). And wow! I loved this place. I had the smallest room in the hotel overlooking the driveway and I didn’t care. Everything was beautiful. I want to put that bathroom into my home. The entire staff was friendly, courteous, and willing to share their favorite hikes, restaurants, etc. The pool was wonderful, heated year round with two hot tubs. We also enjoyed the outdoor fire pit. The breakfast menu was small but everything we ate was delicious and fresh.

After driving for 5+ hours the last thing I wanted to do was get back in the car to go into Park City for dinner. But the hotel took care of that, they had one of the valets drive us into town in one of the resort’s vehicles (Mercedes SUV); when we wanted to return, we called the hotel with our location and in less than 10 minutes we were on our way back to the hotel.

The only drawback was that they were doing some painting in our hallway. The work was done quickly and quietly. We noticed do the smell (they used a low VOC paint) and a few “wet paint” signs.

A few Notes: The $50 food & beverage credit only covered breakfast. There is a $25/day resort fee added to whatever rate you pay. You need to have your room key to get back and forth between the pool area (and fire pit) & hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I made our reservation a couple months ahead of time for a king room. The description of the room was not what we got when we arrived. As someone previously commented the room seemed like an add-on to another room. There was no desk or table for your computer and the room was very small. We called and asked for a larger room and were upgraded to another king room but this had dining table, counter space and 2 bathrooms. What a huge difference! The room was much larger and had a great kitchen with all the amenities.
The thermostat in the rooms must be controlled because no matter how many times we set it cooler after 3 days it never reached the desired temp. The room always seemed quite warm, hence I never got a good nights sleep our entire stay.
We ate a Spruce but were a little disappointed after it being recommended by some friends.
The staff were very friendly & helpful. The valet often did not have change for a tip so we were giving them $5 each time we left and then another $5 upon return. Those tips can get quite pricey when you are in/out a few times a day.
I would recommend the hotel but would advise getting a room with the kitchen and making your own breakfast & snacks.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

I cannot say enough amazing things about this place! From pulling up with the mountain backdrop and the staff dressed in their mountain uniforms to the amazing lobby with spiral wood and marble staircase to the outstanding Spruce restaurant and fabulous Golden Door spa treatments. We had an unbelievable time!

The staff was sooo friendly and the food was over-the-top. Every meal topped the one before it! The pool was very nice. The room was clean and nice. As for size of the standard two queen room it wasn't very large but the coziness of the fireplace made it just fine.

One of our favorite off-site activies was a sunset mountain bike tour with Midway Adventure (www.midwayadventure.com). It was beautiful. On your way there there's a little Mexican place in a strip mall that doesn't look like anything special but the food is delicious!

I would HIGHLY recommend this place and can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
southern california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

Stayed here for six days over 4th of July weekend while attending a conference in Park City. I booked the hotel months in advance through Hilton.com as a Silver VIP member. Our reservation was confusing because it had two copies of the reservation apparently because our 2BR suite could also be set up as separate rooms.

There were no problems at check in (around 2pm) and we were literally in "awe" of our suite when we arrived. We were directly above the Golden Door Spa with a view of the mountains. The suite was nicer than its online description and included 5 flat screen TVs, 3 whirlpools, 3 bathrooms, 3 beds, Viking appliances, high end trimmings throughout. It also had three balconies and we were expecting just one. It's likely the nicest room I have ever stayed in certainly over the Ritz in Vegas (now out of business), all the Westins, etc.
The master king BR had a bathroom that included a corner whirlpool tub and separate large shower with double shower heads and controls, and a separate room for the toilet. The other two bathrooms had tub/shower combos however the tubs had jets. Two of the three bathrooms had TVs as did both bedrooms and the living room. Despite facing the front of the hotel we had no problems whatsoever with noise from cars entering and exiting the hotel. After sitting out by the pool I concluded that our room was nicer and quieter and had a better view than rooms facing the interior pool area. Room came with four plush robes that actually fit me - I wore one of them while in the room on and off throughout the stay. One rather minor issue with the room is that it takes a very long time for the HVAC to adjust the temp. When we got there it was 77 in the room - hotter than we are used to. I reset both thermostats to 72 and it took most of a day to cool down to that level. Maintenance said they used chilled water for the cooling and it takes longer. After the initial cool down we had no problems whatsoever with the HVAC. Not a big deal if you are there for six days but it might have been more of an issue had we only stayed one night. If you are staying here and like it cool I suggest to call ahead and ask to have your room thermostat set accordingly before you check in - if possible. Overall the HVAC was quite good once it reached it's set temperature.

We asked about the fireworks on the 3rd. Turns out they would be set off right in front of our balcony. We had a group of friends from the conference over and we got a head on view of the fireworks show from all three balconies. This was a very special treat. Our guests got free valet parking if they made it up to the hotel however one of them was turned away by the police on the main road because he did not have a room key and they did not believe he was actually visiting the hotel. If you have people over for the fireworks it is best to have them come in the "back way" entering not through the main canyons entrance but rather through the the streets just north of the canyons and coming around to frostwood from the back.

I read another review that complained about the staff over the same weekend. We had no problems and in fact the staff was overly helpful - every time I walked downstairs they asked me what they could do for me. Whenever we went out I would ask to have our room serviced and it was done immediately. There was a minor problem with a server in the Spruce restaurant but I talked to one of the managers and it was immediately taken care of and another server was sent to our table. Turns out the problem was a brand new employee who was clueless. The revised server was completely on top of things and had the trainee follow him around after that. I had trouble with our coffee maker in the kitchen. Turns out it required the lid to be on in order to work properly. They sent someone from maintenance to explain it along with a new packet of coffee.

There is only valet parking and it is included in the "resort charge" - they were reasonably prompt even over the 4th with all the visitors and so forth. Wifi in the room was perfect and I used it every day especially because I was working part of the time. Also included in the resort charge.

Golden Door spa is wonderful I worked out there and it is a very good gym with well kept cardio equipment in front of the windows with a view of the mountains. There are a set of kenesis machines involving stacked weights on pullies you get get someone to show you or follow the video. I had my hair done at the spa and got a great cut there - pricy but not outrageous compared to rates I pay in LA and a better cut than my regular LA cuts.

The Frostwood gondola was not running so we had to walk to the Summit area to go up the mountain. We could have gotten a ride from the valet but we were planning to hike up the mountain anyway. Excellent hiking up in the Canyons area - my only complaint there is that there are more mt bikers than hikers in the summer so you have to watch for them as they come up fast. All of them were quite polite however. Gondola from Summit Hotel to the mid mountain area goes over some deep canyons and is rather scary if you are afraid of heights but does the job. They charged to go up but not to come down it.

One day we were in park city without our car and needed to get back to hotel. I called the hotel and they sent a valet to us in a Mercedes SUV to pick us up.

I used the business center one day. It has both imacs and windows desktop machines. I noticed there was no letter size paper for the printer and called down to the front desk. They brought a ream of paper up immediately. One of the best hotel business centers I've ever used.

Overall this was an outstanding stay and a lovely property. Bravo to Waldorf Astoria for getting this one "bang on" it was one of the best conference/vacation combos I've ever experienced thanks mostly to our lovely hotel room and great staff.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Park City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

stayed there during the 4th of July weekend and the service was down right bad, there are way to many high end choices in Park City with excellent and attentive service. 50 minutes to get margaritas and chips and salsa at the pool for example. I could go ono and on.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Waldorf Astoria Park City? Share your experiences!