“Park City Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waldorf Astoria Park City

You added Waldorf Astoria Park City to your Saves list
Waldorf Astoria Park City
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   2100 Frostwood Drive, Park City, UT 84098 (Formerly Dakota Mountain Lodge & Golden Door Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 59 Hotels in Park City
La Quinta, United States
“Park City Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Everything was fantastic, except the restaurant was horrible. Has a business meeting there and meeting rooms were nice but the breakfast was boring. Great views. Shuttle service. Great spa. Will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Suzanna J

San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I would move in if I could! Beautiful property in an absolutely gorgeous setting. So glad I stayed in Park City instead of Salt Lake City. Can't wait until I'm able to return! The room was nice and cool when we arrived, the bathroom included a jetted tub and a scale! Beds were extremely comfortable. Staff was helpful and friendly. If a hotel stay can be perfect, this is as close as I can imagine.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank Kristi D
Salt Lake City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The hotel is located in an up and coming resort area in Park City. The hotel is nice and has a shuttle that will take you to Park City's Main Street area. The property is very nice. A great place to go and relax.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Richard C P
La Quinta, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Outstanding service, clean hotel, friendly staff, and wonderful warm pool for children. The front desk staff was more than thorough and kind. The valet service was prompt, friendly, and worked hard helping us with young children. The hotel and the grounds are well-located and immaculate. We use the Park City Waldorf each summer for a family vacation and always are happy with our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Rebecca J
Tampa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Beautiful hotel, very clean, great staff, rooms on the small side with no indoor seating or desk area, no ice or vending machines, no self parking, lots of tipping required. Outside construction mars view of mountains, ask for pool-view room

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Michael K
Anaheim, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Let me start by saying I have used this service for years but never written a review. The service at ths hotel was so bad I felt complelled to share.

It's a great looking hotel, the rooms are nice and the staff want to do the right thing but it is clear that management at this hotel is bad. No training, no accountability and no sense of urgency. If you are truly looking for a five star hotel with five star service this is not it.

• At check in Wednesday night your front desk clerk informed me that I would be getting an upgrade to a one bedroom suite. One problem-I had already reserved a one bedroom suite. When I stated that to the clerk she apologized and said there would be no upgrade. Not a smart thing to say to a guest, bad training.
• On Thursday morning we discovered that there was no hair dryer in the room. It took two calls and nearly a half hour to get a hair dryer. Who checks the rooms to make sure everything is there?
• On Thursday morning we went for breakfast in the dining room. One person working the whole restaurant, seating, serving and bussing tables. We walked out after fifteen minutes of not being acknowledged. We did see a Sous Chef and Manager walking through the facility and overheard the Sous Chef complaining about his location being changed, both managers oblivious to what the poor employee was going through in the restaurant.
• I called the desk to complain to a manager about the service, I got someone who told me all the managers were in a manager’s meeting. NICE. The restaurant is being run by one hourly employee and all the managers are in a meeting.
• Went to the pool Thursday afternoon after hiking. We could not get a drink because there is an issue with the liquor license for the pool at the Waldorf Astoria.
• I spoke to your F & B director Don Thursday evening. He was very nice and appreciated the feedback. He wanted to meet me over a breakfast that he would comp. I’m on vacation, why do I want to explain to him over breakfast again about the issues? I am a Diamond Member and get a $20 credit for breakfast at your hotel and he is going to “comp” it for me?
• I come back from hiking this afternoon and head down to the pool to find out it is closed for a private party? This is the Waldorf Astoria? Management offers to bus Waldorf customers up to the Hilton Grand Vacations pool? On a weekend that is 90 degrees with close to 100% occupancy? How do you allow this type of service for your guests?

If you are looking for a five star experience in Park City I suggest you look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
6 Thank michael v
klh0320, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Park City, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us on improving our service and quality.

It is always disapointing to hear when our resort missed out on living up to your expectations. I am hoping to get an opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay and do hope to hear from you soon. I am sorry for the experience you had and ask that you please either email or call me at my contact information below. Your opinion is important to us.

Kerry Hing
435-647-5501
Kerry.Hing@waldorfastoria.com
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent two nights at this fabulous hotel. At this time of the year the price for this property seems to be very good ( keep in mind it is not cheap). Our room was spacious, 12 ft. Ceilings all necessary amenities including fridge, stove, etc. it is like a condo.
Service was very friendly. Christie, the Concierge was helpful to find and book the concert for us. Check out the music events at StMary's church nearby.
We have not used the shuttle service to park city down town but they say it is convenient.
The pool area is huge and beautiful.
I am pretty sure we will not be able to afford it in winter, but will take advantage of lower summer rates some time again.
We have not eaten at the hotel but had good luck with Zoom ( down town) and Whole foods for breakfast ( 2 miles away).

Stayed July 2014