“Beautiful hotel with exceptional service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waldorf Astoria Park City

You added Waldorf Astoria Park City to your Saves list
Waldorf Astoria Park City
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   2100 Frostwood Drive, Park City, UT 84098 (Formerly Dakota Mountain Lodge & Golden Door Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20% Plus a Credit!
Ranked #11 of 58 Hotels in Park City
houston
“Beautiful hotel with exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at the Waldorf Park City over Labor Day weekend and had a wonderful experience. We booked a 2 bedroom/3 bath suite, and we couldn't have been more impressed with the unit. Both bedrooms were master suites, and we had a total of 4 fireplaces. The kitchen had all Viking appliances, and we had everything we needed to cook during our stay. The service was superb, which was a pleasant surprise given that we were traveling in between seasons. The food was also a highlight. Though there wasn't a lot of options, everything they prepared (particularly the grill at the pool) was exceptional. Our only problem was a manicure I received that was poorly done; however, the spa receptionist quickly remedied this the next day by having another manicurist fix the problem. Otherwise, the rest of our spa services were all top notch. Overall, we will definitely be staying here again next summer as we had a great time and felt like we got our money's worth.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
klh0320, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Park City, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review in regards to your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you felt comfortable and pampered by our staff and that you were more than impressed with your unit. We look forward to seeing you next summer for another memorable experience.

Kerry Hing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Greendale, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was the third summer that our family had a mini reunion at the Waldorf Astoria park City and we will keep coming back. The staff were attentive and made us feel at home. The room was outstanding and the pool was just the right size and configuration for our family of all ages. The grandchildren loved the "smores" each evening.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments in regards to your stay at Waldorf Astoria Park City. We are glad you had a wonderful getaway and were able to enjoy our amenities, especially the smores with your grandchildren! We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to Park City.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Rather offhand welcome late at night. First night of 3 night stay was in a standard room despite diamond status. Moved to an upgraded room for next 2 nights. Hotel seemed deserted, only one other family was using the pool during our entire stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
klh0320, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Park City, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to critique your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you found some of our amenities to fall short of your expectations. Our desire is to present a product that represents a sense of comfort and convenience for you and I hope that we can welcome you back in the feature for a more positive stay.

Park City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband & I booked a standard room with king bed for 2 nights during this 'shoulder season' while putting our home on the market. I must admit that I was disappointed that, as a silver Hilton Honors member, I was not offered an upgrade upon check-in. The hotel was quite empty.

The standard king room was barely big enough to hold the king bed. There is a club chair squeezed in between the bad & the window and it is about an inch from the side of the bed where I had to try to get out. The first night I forgot it was there when I awoke at dawn to go for a run and I slammed my leg into it while getting out of bed. The bath has only 1 sink & is nothing special, though it has a jetted tub.
The staff, especially our shuttle driver, are anxious to please & do well at it. The lobby, spa & fitness center are all very nice, which brings me back to the question I kept asking myself: why didn't this fairly new hotel build larger bedrooms?
It did not even remotely compare to the Waldorf we recently stayed in in Shanghai--or elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and the beds are very comfortable. The staff was willing to give rides to the nearby resort area for restaurants and shops. The gym is the best I have seen at a hotel! The only negative is that my room didn't have a desk so if you need to efficiently do work on a computer, ask about that upon arrival.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have stayed at Park City before at the St. Regis and worried that our expectations might not be met by the Waldorf Astoria. We were wrong, the Waldorf was everything we hoped for and more. Our room was a 1 bedroom King with full kitchen and 2 baths.

There was absolutely nothing to worry about it was all fantastic, from the Viking gas stove to the 2 gas fireplaces and 2 40+ inch flat screen tvs. The bed was comfortable the sheets of high quality need I go on?

We enjoyed the shuttle into town for dinner- I didn't have to worry about wine with dinner on a rainy/snowy night. The concierge recommended a great hiking trail which took into consideration our 10" home elevation (we hiked at @10,000 on fresh snow which brought out the glory of the blue sky and the yellow aspen. Thank you, Christie)

Every employee that we met acted as if they had an ownership interest in the property and though our room had a pool view there was still a little mountain view rising above the building, one does not lose the view in Park City.

Oh yes and S'mores at 7:30 every night out by the pool.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
klh0320, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Park City, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time to critique your stay with us at Waldorf Astoria Park City. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and our wonderful staff. It sounds like you had a wonderful stay and we would love to welcome you back in the future for another great stay.

Maureen Phillips
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Just spent 7 nights here on business. Lovely location in the Canyons. I had room 6158 terrific view but they are under construction and that was also out the window. Beds are comfortable and the linens very good. A gas fireplace at the foot of your bed. Marble shower and a jetted tub. The staff were very friendly. We got a great rate for this trip too. Two people in our party shared a suite and it was just gorgeous. A bedroom upstairs and down. Kitchen fully stocked with a Viking Range to boot.
I did not take any spa services but I used it for the steam room and the relaxation area. Really well done. I would ask they tone down the "scent" as it is over powering to me- at least. Those are the positives.

Here are the negatives- We ate in the restaurant quite a bit and the food came out cold more often than not, even when we were the only diners. The little coffee/bakery shop closes at 1pm and the clothing store closes at 5pm. If you are in need of a magazine, some sundries or a t-shirt- you are out of luck. I found that odd since you are somewhat isolated there. The toiletries provided are just a licensed Ferragamo line. Super perfume smell.

I was expecting a more Four Season's kind of experience. I am a very spoiled traveler and I see all the amazing reviews for this place. I would stay here again but honestly would look at some other options before I committed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Waldorf Astoria Park City? Share your experiences!