“Waldorf Hotel - Park City UT” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waldorf Astoria Park City

Save Saved
You added Waldorf Astoria Park City to your Saves list
Waldorf Astoria Park City
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   2100 Frostwood Drive, Park City, UT 84098 (Formerly Dakota Mountain Lodge & Golden Door Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
25% Off + Resort Credit
Ranked #10 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Denver, Colorado
“Waldorf Hotel - Park City UT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We recently stayed at the Waldorf Hotel in Park City Utah. The weather was beautiful & the hotel incredible. We receive a free upgrade to a larger unit with a beautiful view. The staff was great & the food was excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
holladay, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

great hotel and pool. hot tub great food at pool good. quiet and clean everything was good everything was good everything was good everything was good everythings was good everything was good everything was good everuthing was good everything was good everything was good everuthing was good everthing was good

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I took a romantic trip to Park City. We decided to stay at the Waldorf due to it's fantastic reputation. While at the hotel, I decided I wanted to have a spa day. I enjoyed the spa so much that the next day I booked an appointment to have my hair done. What I did not anticipate was how wonderful Carly would be. Her sense of style and her experience helped me feel comfortable. Carly's professionalism was amazing and the cut and blow dry made me feel glamorous. Later we had dinner at Slopes and it was really romantic. I really did not want to leave. What a great vacation we had. Thank you to Carly and the other wonderful staff I encountered. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

For several summers, we have stayed at the Waldorf Park City for the Park City Food and Wine Classic. It is more expensive than most accommodations, but it is well worth it.

The rooms are big and luxurious with all the comforts of home. Rooms with a "kitchenette" actually have full kitchens with Viking appliances, a full dining table, and plenty of room. There are ample amenities and services, which I won't be able to fully explain. Some of the highlights include the pool (which includes the best pool side food I have ever had), a shuttle into the city departing twice an hour in the summer, quick access to the Canyons resort, and wonderful spa products in the bathrooms.

What really makes the Waldorf stand out is the service. Everyone from the bell staff to the bartender at Slopes went out of their way to greet us and help us with whatever we needed. A small example is that we were rushing through the hall to catch the shuttle into town. A bellman saw us and immediately radioed up to the shuttle and asked him to wait for us. He did this without us even having to ask him. That is the kind of thoughtfulness and attentiveness you can expect at this hotel.

Another standout was Joel, the concierge. We planned our wedding (a small elopement) so that the Park City Food and Wine Classic could be our honeymoon and then our anniversary trip in future years. For the past two years he has worked with us to make our wedding weekend (and our anniversary weekend this year) as special as possible. Both years, Joel went out of his way to make our stay amazing by going above and beyond.

My only suggestion to the hotel is regarding housekeeping. While the rooms were generally clean (MUCH cleaner than other hotels), there were several very small issues I noticed in our room. For example, the backsplash in the large bathroom had toothpaste splatters on the tile. It was difficult to see because of the tile patters, and a simple swipe with a washcloth took care of it, but it was something that could have easily been caught by a thorough cleaning of the room. In addition, our friends were checked into a room that was only partially cleaned (bed was made but there was 1/2 of a hamburger in the fridge and they had not been replaced). They got in late and didn't even mention it until the next morning. They were offered an upgraded room but instead just asked for it to be cleaned and the staff did resolve the issue. It really wasn't a big thing, but it seems like housekeeping is the one area the resort could improve on.

If you are looking for the most luxurious resort in the Park City area (without the pretension of Deer Valley) it is the Waldorf. Yes, it is expensive, but you really do get what you pay for at this resort. We will definitely be back next year.

Room Tip: 4th floor is the ground floor and rooms walk out to the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
klh0320, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Park City, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write about your stay at Waldorf Astoria Park City. We are always pleased when we recieve such positive feedback from guests regarding their stay. We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back next year for another memorable stay with us.

Best Regards,
Kerry Hing
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Have to say that I did not expect such an amazing customer service experience! I needed my hair colored in a pinch & the front desk girl gave me a great referral. I can't remember her name,but she had just moved from San Francisco.Best color,in my life,& she gave me the formula to take back home!!!.I had the best pedicure EVER, over an hour long,with scrubs,lotions,& hot towels,I think her name was Valerie Everybody seemed to love their job & they all worked so well together. I wish this Spa was in my hometown.

Room Tip: Get a pool view, they are doing construction across the street
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a very good hotel. You can not fault it. Everything about the place smacks class. Beautiful rooms & bathrooms. We stayed in a fantastic suite which was immense. The pool was excellent. What stood out for me above all this excellence was the friendliness of the staff. It looked as if everyone really enjoyed working at the hotel. Definitely I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try for a suite
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

VERY comfortable bed. Clean room. Nice pool. Great location near the slopes. That's where positive experiences end. Terrible service at Slopes restaurant for breakfast. Vehicle lost twice by valley parking, and self-parking isn't an option. Sub-par service by housekeeping.

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us at Waldorf Astoria Park City. While I'm glad your room and the pool met your expectations, I am disappointed to hear that your experience with Slopes and the valet were sub-par. We will pass this along to our team members to address the issue and to improve in those areas in the future.

Best Regards,
Kerry Hing

Been to Waldorf Astoria Park City? Share your experiences!