“Perfect for the Family Spring Break” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waldorf Astoria Park City

You added Waldorf Astoria Park City to your Saves list
Waldorf Astoria Park City
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   2100 Frostwood Drive, Park City, UT 84098 (Formerly Dakota Mountain Lodge & Golden Door Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20% Plus a Credit!
Ranked #11 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Houston, Texas
“Perfect for the Family Spring Break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I brought the family, including our kids ages 12 and 11, to the Waldorf Astoria Park City for Spring Break, and it's the perfect location. We reserved a 1 bedroom residence, so we had a large living room area, with kitchen, dining room, fold out sofa and fire place. The room was perfect for four, and we even cooked in a couple of nights. The skiing in the Canyons was terrific (though it got a little warm toward the end), and the service, food, location and amenities at the Waldorf were all first class. This is our third time here, and I am sure we will be back again!

Room Tip: Residence rooms, with living space and kitchen, are perfect for families.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
klh0320, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Park City, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you! We pride ourselves on being the perfect location for families who are looking to create the perfect mountain memories. We are happy to hear you found memories of your own while staying at our resort. We hope to see you again soon!

Kerry Hing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The week after Sundance was a perfect time to visit Park City and ski the Canyons!! The Waldorf was worth every penny. The staff was so nice and we actually got an upgrade to a one bedroom suite with our Hilton Honors status. Beautiful rooms with high end finishes. The heated outside pool and hot tubes were perfect after a long day on the slopes. The hotel restaurant was delicious. I highly recommend the butternut squash soup!!! The ski in ski out valet made the trip even more enjoyable. They greeted us at the end of the day with hot chocolate or hot apple cider. I was so sad to leave our oasis in the mountains! We look forward to visiting again next year.

• Stayed February 2013
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The pool is very clean and the hot tubs are fantastic after a day of skiing. The ski valet is very kind, and the short gondola ride up to the village at the Canyons is easy. I did overhear that the ski valet had lost a set of skipoles for one lady, but they were buying her new ones. After skiing, they have hot chocolate and hot apple cider ready for you. Around their firepit in the evening there is free smores. The 1 bedroom suite was fantastic, tons of space and a bathroom to die for. The shower had two heads and the tub was a jacuzzi. Two fireplaces in our suite and the kitchen was huge. Room service was quick and very good. The shuttle service was easy enough, but be patient. It was paradise.

Room Tip: Top floor has vaulted ceilings.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I had wonderful time at the Waldorf Astoria. It is beautiful, well-maintained and the staff is courteous and helpful. We have stayed at The St. Regis in the past. The Waldorf is not as impressive visually, but it has a coziness about it that the St. Regis does not. We only had breakfast at the restaurant. It was quite good. The hotel is conveniently located at the Canyons.

Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This group was very visible through out the hotel from the minute they arrived. The kids were aloud to run a muck leaving towels and bathrobes strewn through out the pool, while the adults found it acceptable to scream their conversations from the pool to balcony rooms. The people were very rude and demanding to the staff at the ski valet with the culmination of knocking the adornments off the wall.
This was otherwise a wonderful place to stay. The service and accomadations are 5 star! The pictures on the web site are very accurate. The use of their private gondola up the hill and a ski back are very convenient. I would definitely recommend this resort!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The name "Waldorf-Astoria" carries connotations of luxury and elegance. This hotel was far from it. It is always a bad deal to arrive at a hotel late at night, which we did due to a flight delay. Of course the last room available, although booked 3 months prior, had been rejected by earlier arrivees as unacceptable. Let's elaborate: small room, king bed with less than 4 feet from the bed to the outside wall and ditto to the closet, one kitchen style chair, no table, no desk. The bathroom had one sink with the spigot cock-eyed and loose in the counter top.

Being famished after our long flight delay, we called the 24 hour room service and 45 minutes later our soup and sandwich arrived. The waiter asked "Where shall I put this?" Looking around with no table or any other surface, we countered with "Your guess is as good as ours". So, our only option was to put the tray on the bed. I pulled up the one chair to the bed for my wife. We split the sandwich and I tried sitting on the floor, but obviously was too low. So, I took my half into the bathroom and ate it standing over the sink.

No other rooms were available so we went to bed only to be awakened by an infant next door who cried continuously. Can't be helped of course, just like on an airplane, the luck of the draw.

So our $650 per night luxury hotel room was a huge disappointment. The next morning, my wife met with the manager with our list of complaints. Shortly after, another room materialized which my wife visited and found to be more than acceptable. This time, a duplex suite with full kitchen, living area, large bedroom with large two-sinked bathroom and three fireplaces. Quite the change which certainly molified our negative impression.

The manager did the right thing, but the initial experience was unacceptable. If all the base rooms are the same as our first one, I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
klh0320, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Park City, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our resort. Please accept my personal apology that your initial experience was not to your expectation. I am grateful our management team was able to resolve the issue and find you a residence more to your liking. Please contact me personally if I can be of further assistance.

All the best

Kerry Hing
Waldorf Astoria Park City Utah
435-647-5501
Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed from 2/28 - 3/4.

Our first impression was not good. Check-in was horrible. I called weeks ago to request an early check-in, and they noted the account. We arrived at about 11:30, and our room was vacated, but not ready because it was being cleaned. No big deal, so we looked around the hotel. An hour later I decided to do some work on my laptop, but for the free internet to work, you need your name + room number. I asked the attendant for the room number Id be assigned so I could get on the internet. "I'm sorry, but I can't give you that information." That's when I realized that I didn't have a room assigned, and no specific room was being cleaned. I was heated by this point, 2 hours after my arrival.

We took the shuttle to Park City and I immediately called Hyatt to reserve a room, but they were sold out.

Everything since that first impression was positive. The ski valets are amazing, and Johnathon at the front desk was very helpful too. I'm glad the Hyatt was sold out. Every person we interacted with except that first person was extremely helpful. The service here was better than what you find at the Waldorf=Astoria, Rome Cavalieri, or the Grand Wailea.

The standard rooms are small, but very nice. My one complaint would be that the walls are very thin, and when someone is in the hallway, it sounds like they're in your room. You can hear normal conversations word for word. The pool and hot tubs are great, the bar/restaurant was very reasonably priced for a hotel of this caliber.

The guys in the ski shop are what make this hotel so great. I can't single them out because they work together as a team so well, and that's the highest compliment i can give. They make everything easy and enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Waldorf Astoria Park City? Share your experiences!