“Great Concierge service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waldorf Astoria Park City

You added Waldorf Astoria Park City to your Saves list
Waldorf Astoria Park City
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   2100 Frostwood Drive, Park City, UT 84098 (Formerly Dakota Mountain Lodge & Golden Door Spa)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great Concierge service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Came to Park City for a weekend wedding celebration. First visit to Utah. Waldorf was great. Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. Very nice. Best part was the concierge desk. Jordan and Christie did a great job of guiding us for 3 days. One place we went to was the Farm in the Canyons for dinner. Highey rated but our meal was average, multiple items not avail from the menu. Net not a good evening. The next morning we mentioned this to Christie. We wanted them to give the Farm feedback. That night when we returned to our room we had a lovely cheese board and a bottle of wine waiting in our room from the concierge with a nice note acknowledging our poor experience at the Farm. Wow! The Waldorf staff did not have to cover for the Farm but did. Very nice touch! We will be back.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Park City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I scheduled a manicure and pedicure for my mother and I as a "treat" during her visit to Park City. The treat became a burden as we were charged for coffee (15 dollars+ tip) immediately upon our arrival as we had an early morning appointment and we had requested coffee. Then, our treatments began...the pedicurists were kind and good humored, but the quality of treatment was so poor. The pedicure included nothing more than a quick "soaking and clean-up, and polish.". The manicure was so fast, I wasn't sure I had really had one, but the service was done with a smile, so it was fine...UNTIL we went to check out!!! Get this, I am a local, my Mom is not, so even though I scheduled the appointments and told them I was treating her, my bill was 70 and because my Mom isn't " local," her portion was 140+18%automatic gratuity!!! Mind you, I also had gift certificates and when I tried to use them, the receptionist said there was nothing on them and we had to wait an additional 10 minutes for accounting to verify my gift certificates. I have been to so many spas and salons that prove to be much more upscale with excellent customer service that I would NEVER recommend the Golden Door Spa in PC to anyone. Matter of fact, I wonder if Golden Door should even have their name on this one as it is sure to RUIN the Golden Door reputation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Green Valley, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I just had a manicure and pedicure at the Golden Door Spa in Park City - $120.....plus 18% tip. While I think the price is a little steep, I probably wouldn't have minded if it had been a luxurious memorable visit, but it truly was nothing special. To top it off I asked for a cup of coffee and was charged an additional $15.00 plus tip for that. My advise is to avoid THIS Golden Door Spa at any cost....go to the local Walmart they do a much better job.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is a beautiful, beautiful luxury hotel in The Canyons area of Park City, a couple of miles from the historic district of Park City. It’s also quite close to the Olympic Park, a large outlet shopping area, and Redstone ( a shopping, restaurant and hotel area with Best Buy, TJ Maxx, a bowling complex and several nice restaurants). The hotel sits up on a hill overlooking the valley and mountains beyond. The building is a horseshoe around a very large and luxurious pool area which looks like a photo from a luxury magazine, with great lounge chairs, nice pool, two huge hot tubs (one is adult only) and views of the mountains, and fire pits for cool evenings and marshmellows for the kids. The atmosphere for the most part is very refined. Yes, I could have done without the manic kids too but oh well. The rooms are supersized, with 10 foot ceilings, huge beautiful beds and bathrooms, and I think all rooms have balconies looking out over the pool or over the valley and mountains. The people are super friendly and helpful, maybe even a bit urgent at times. You have to valet your car, but we had no problems getting our car on very little notice, and the hotel has a shuttle that was very prompt in taking us several places in a few days. This is a first rate luxury hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Margate City, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We have stayed atthishotel a number of times, in addition to the last 3 Christmas weeks. Our first stay was spectacular. By our 2 nd Christmas we had problems with the room( leaks etc) and they were unable to accommodate our family on the same floor. Sad for a family vacation, since we had booked a 2 bedroom suite. This passed Christmas week was the worst. We again booked a 2 bedroom suit. They said they only had one with 2 king beds. I can't put my teenage son and daughter in the same bed so either my husband and I had to split up or my son had to sleep on the couch. When I complained they insisted this was the room I booked. This was our 4 th stay and there has always been 2 beds in the second room. I certainly would never book a room that would not allow my teenagers separate beds. They did not value us as a returning visitor. We are diamond members of their travel program they didnt care For the prices they charge Christmas week nobody should sleep on a couch. The restaurant was taken over by the hotel and wasn't nearly as good. The spa was nice but very expensive. Next time we'll try the Hyett.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly to be sure of your accomodations.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

We spent five days at the Waldorf and all in all it was a wonderful stay. Christie, the lead concierge, actually gave us coupons they had cut out of the local paper for discounts at local eating establishments. So we got many 2 for one deals. We were booked into a standard room, which was nice except we kept hearing a noise ( all night long). At first we thought it was the plumbing, but then wondered if it was the air conditioner. We reported it and they were immediately willing to move us to another room, but we were all unpacked and elected to stay there. Just asked them to get rid of the noise. The maintenance people investigated and supposedly fixed the noise. The next night the noise was still there, so we asked them to move us to another room. Due to the inconvenience they bought us breakfast on Father's Day at their restaurant and then moved us to another room. When we got to the new room we were shocked to see it was a suite with a kitchen, washer, dryer, living room, large balcony and two bed rooms. It was wonderful. All the employees were super friendly and willing to help out and several even remembered our names when we saw them again. We just happened to be scheduled to go zip lining with Christie and her team one day and she took a picture of us. We ended up losing our camera (another story) with all our vacation pictures on it, but Christie emailed us the one she had taken of us. I thought that was so thoughtful. We had no problem with noise ( from other people) in either of our rooms. We went in thr middle if June and it wasn't crowded at all. This is the time we would go back again. Loved the fellow, Robert, that Christie set us up with to go fly fishing. I had never fly fished and he was so patient with me. We caught lots of fish and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Only thing he says he will furnish lunch--well lunch was a couple of protein bars, so plan accordingly. We had a large breakfast and didn't even eat the bars he brought since we fished only a half day. That was about the right amount of time for both my husband and me. We highly recommend this hotel and it's staff.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Stayed in a King residence with full kitchen and two full baths, two fireplaces, etc. This was an absolutely great room and beautiful grounds with nice view. I choose the Waldorf expecting a premier luxury experience from staff, grounds, food, and overall experience. Most of the time I stay in Vail, Co resorts with Marriott and have a more mature experience. The largest distractions at the Park City Waldorff included experiences with staff and the other hotel guests. This hotel attracts a young professional crowd, many with kids that are let loose to do as they please. So as I read the reviews I now understand the reviewers perspective better. There are lots of children running in the hallways playing and chasing each other. Other rooms are loud with parties and smell of strong alcohol like a frat party in the hallway. I appreciate that the hotel is family friendly, but a fancy watermark was more of the feel during my 5 day stay which I hoped to be serene and top knotch. As other reviewers stayed, the spa was rude and appear that they presume the great reviews as entitled. The pool staff played loud music that rang through the hotel during each day. The restaurant hostess was snotty like she was being bothered. When asking for light bulbs and tv remote batteries to be replaced, the housekeeping staff did not understand English so had to find other help. Overall, the ground are great. The staff is inconsistent, but overall good(not superb as expected), and the value was average considering the extra resort charges. Again, I tried the Waldorf because I'm a long time Hilton and Marriott Traveller and wanted the best experience possible in Park City. Next time, I will try the other resorts or another location with a Ritz Carlton.

Room Tip: Yes, the walk to most rooms is a hike. So ask for something closer if you need. No quiet rooms in th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Waldorf Astoria Park City? Share your experiences!