“solid albeit expensive and chain-like” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime Steakhouse & Piano Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 204 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“solid albeit expensive and chain-like”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

the feeling is that of an upscale steakhouse chain, it lacks a bit of personality. However, the steak was excellent and cooked to perfection. Solid appetizers and nice service. A very good alternative for a special occasion. Be prepared to pay NY prices though.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great Steak and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Went with a large party and this place took reservations, was very hospitable, and fed me to the point of misery (thats a good thing). Be careful as they serve their steaks on a scorching hot plate to ensure it maintains its temperature throughout the meal. The al a carte sides were delicious (get the macaroni, and also the mushrooms). Youre gonna pay a pretty penny for this meal, but it was delicious and worth the cost.
Piano bar portion also added some great atmosphere!

-only minus was that my seat faced the kitchen where the food was expedited and there was no door so I saw how messy and crazy the kitchen was (probably due the management arranging our large group to be closer to the piano man). That is a very minor nitpick to a fantastic dinner and lovely evening.

Visited March 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Fantastic service, atmosphere and staff. A gem of a restaurant in the heart of Park City. Food....I'm speechless. Best Steak I've had in years. We'll certainly be returning to this steakhouse for an encore!!

Visited March 2013
Maryland
“If you're going to charge $52.00 for a steak, it best be amazing...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

And it mostly was...

Prime is a very, very expensive restaurant situated close to the Marriott Summit Watch Resort. It's a cozy, small place...did I mention that it was really expensive?

Well, let's see if the price is worth it...

To begin the meal, I ordered a Caesar salad....not sure why on this trip almost every night I ordered one...guess I was in the mood for Caesar salads...anyway, it was done nicely here...

My wife ordered only an appetizer...but it was an amazing appetizer. The ahi tuna...she really enjoyed it (see picture). Please pardon the pictures...the restaurant is dark and I didn't want to use a flash...

For my meal, I ordered the larger filet mignon, which I think was 12 ounces...it's prepared in an 1800 degree oven and the plates are VERY HOT when they come out...so hot, that if you touch them, you will get burnt. It's an interesting dynamic as the steak is still cooking when it gets to the table. I ordered mine medium rare but it was essentially medium by the time I was eating through it. As far as the steak quality goes, it's excellent...the over 50.00 price is a little intimidating though.

My parents got the salmon....too expensive for salmon...I think it was $35.00...that's really ridiculous...it was very good tasting though. (see picture)

This restaurant is a la cart...I mean baked potatoes are like $7.00 each and string beans are even more. I don't mind expensive, but this place is a money pit.

For dessert, we ordered the special chocolate souffle. I had wanted to get a picture of it, but it was gone so quickly all that was left was the plate...honestly, it was a really, really good dessert...(see picture of plate...sorry....I tried)...

To conclude, the Prime is a very high end restaurant that makes you pay for it. Period. Don't go unless you want to spend at least $60-75.00/person. You will get excellent food and a nice ambiance. The server is very good. You'll leave with far less money in your pocket, but your belly will be more than contently filled.

This restaurant gets 4 stars only because it is so excessively expensive, in my opinion. It is a great dining experience though...

Bon Appetit!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Menasha, Wisconsin, United States
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Perfectly prepared food, Huge portions, Excellent staff, Great entertainment.
Pricey, but it is a resort town. We ate here twice during the week. Had to go back the second time because it was so good the first time. Great experience both times.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere