“If you're going to charge $52.00 for a steak, it best be amazing...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Prime Steakhouse & Piano Bar

Prime Steakhouse & Piano Bar
804 Main Street, Park City, UT 84060
435 655.9739
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime Steakhouse & Piano Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 199 restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Maryland
“If you're going to charge $52.00 for a steak, it best be amazing...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

And it mostly was...

Prime is a very, very expensive restaurant situated close to the Marriott Summit Watch Resort. It's a cozy, small place...did I mention that it was really expensive?

Well, let's see if the price is worth it...

To begin the meal, I ordered a Caesar salad....not sure why on this trip almost every night I ordered one...guess I was in the mood for Caesar salads...anyway, it was done nicely here...

My wife ordered only an appetizer...but it was an amazing appetizer. The ahi tuna...she really enjoyed it (see picture). Please pardon the pictures...the restaurant is dark and I didn't want to use a flash...

For my meal, I ordered the larger filet mignon, which I think was 12 ounces...it's prepared in an 1800 degree oven and the plates are VERY HOT when they come out...so hot, that if you touch them, you will get burnt. It's an interesting dynamic as the steak is still cooking when it gets to the table. I ordered mine medium rare but it was essentially medium by the time I was eating through it. As far as the steak quality goes, it's excellent...the over 50.00 price is a little intimidating though.

My parents got the salmon....too expensive for salmon...I think it was $35.00...that's really ridiculous...it was very good tasting though. (see picture)

This restaurant is a la cart...I mean baked potatoes are like $7.00 each and string beans are even more. I don't mind expensive, but this place is a money pit.

For dessert, we ordered the special chocolate souffle. I had wanted to get a picture of it, but it was gone so quickly all that was left was the plate...honestly, it was a really, really good dessert...(see picture of plate...sorry....I tried)...

To conclude, the Prime is a very high end restaurant that makes you pay for it. Period. Don't go unless you want to spend at least $60-75.00/person. You will get excellent food and a nice ambiance. The server is very good. You'll leave with far less money in your pocket, but your belly will be more than contently filled.

This restaurant gets 4 stars only because it is so excessively expensive, in my opinion. It is a great dining experience though...

Bon Appetit!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

77% Recommend
Menasha, Wisconsin, United States
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Perfectly prepared food, Huge portions, Excellent staff, Great entertainment.
Pricey, but it is a resort town. We ate here twice during the week. Had to go back the second time because it was so good the first time. Great experience both times.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sarasota, Florida
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I have been eating at this restaurant for many years. It has always been perfection. The best steak and the BEST chocolate lava cake. They are on their game when it comes to fine service. Don't miss this restaurant if you are in Park City.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“The Most Amazing Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Probably the best steak I have ever had! All 8 of us felt the same way! And the garlic mashed potatoes were out of this world, not to mention their signature dessert! Great service from the moment we walked through the door. Expensive, but worth every penny! Make sure you get a reservation ahead of time.

Visited January 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Worth the Price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have enjoyed this restaurant in both the winter and the summer. In the summer, you definitely shouldn't miss it, since they offer buy one entree get one free. While it is not inexpensive, the food here is great. If you are not interested in a big meal, you will be perfectly happy with the appetizers alone as a meal. Their appetizers are all great. The steaks can certainly be shared if cost is an issue. The side dishes are sufficient for two as well. The service here is always fantastic, and everyone is very nice. You can reserve a table in the bar area if you want to be near the piano bar and dinner here is quite enjoyable. However, be forewarned that it is not quiet in the bar area. Our table requests have always been honored here as well (even down tp the specific table), regardless of whether we have requested a table in the bar or the main dining area. It is located on Main Street, and parking is easy to locate here at the Marriott garage, which is just downstairs from the restaurant. Definitely a wonderful place for dinner.

• Visited February 2013