“powder paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 74 things to do in Park City
Activities: Dining, Skiing
More attraction details
Owner description: This area, formerly known as Park West, is the closest to Park City and the former site of the Olympic Games.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
21 attraction reviews
“powder paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

The Canyons is a great Mountain with very challenging terrain if you want it. A "must ski" if you are traveling to Park City.

Annapolis, Maryland
136 attraction reviews
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Great ski area. Easy parking. Lifts modern, fast, no large lines. Ski levels for all. Pretty aspens. There are lots of food options, accommodation options and Park City is very close for evening dining and entertainment. There are three large grocery stores to choose from opinion the area for stocking up if staying on a condo. We had a very enjoyable time at the Canyons.

4 attraction reviews
“Great family place, convenient!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

My family has been to park city several times. The canyons is a great resort! It has a lot of intermediate runs mixed in with double blacks so there is something for everyone. Our kids did ski/snowboard school and lived it! Great skiing, convenient to the airport/lodging.

New York City, New York
19 attraction reviews
“Large & Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stayed in the Waldorf Astoria park city, so there was a gondola that took us from the hotel to the orange bubble lift at canyons. Conditions were good, sunny and slushy powder throughout the whole mountain. Canyons is massive and despite that, that conditions were similar throughout the whole mountain (either slushy powder or powder).

Views were spectacular and the mountain was easy to navigate. Just choose 1 lift and there were just so many trails connected to that lift. Certain trails had a lot of beginners and kids so we made our way west and there were less of that.

Afterwards I snowboarded right back to my hotel.

Bought discounted lift tickets at Canyon Sports for $90

13 attraction reviews
“Probably better for a family ski trip than a couples' ski day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Just got back from a ski trip to Utah. My husband and I have usually been Cottonwood Canyons people but decided to see what Park City is all about. We also skied PCMR and Deer Valley. Honestly, I was not overly impressed with the Canyons. I think it might have been more fun if we were staying at the resort, but to someone coming in from Park City to ski for the day, it was confusing and the lack of a base lodge felt odd to me. There is tons of terrain here but I felt like we spent most of the day traversing around and trying to figure out where we were going, rather than just skiing. but the lift lines were minimal so no complaints there. Conditions weren't the greatest the day we went, which I'm sure colors my experience, but overall it was a little too much of a destination resort for me. However I could see it being a great place to take the family or a group of people for a destination ski vacation. I probably won't go again, but may just be my aversion to crowds and that views are also better on the other side of the Wasatch.