“Very nice ski resort” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas
Activities: Dining, Skiing
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: This area, formerly known as Park West, is the closest to Park City and the former site of the Olympic Games.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
SoCal
13 attraction reviews
“Very nice ski resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Besides parking at Cabriolet level, you can have valet parking at the Canyons Resort and take elevator to ski area...no carrying skis in the snow, also no crowd getting down Gondola and Cabriolet to car.

Visited December 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
“Great Skiing & Good Restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We skied everday at The Canyons. Would love to stay there next time. We used the pro-shop (way expensive), took 1st Time Beginner Ski classes there (most economical), but either register a day ahead or get there around 8AM to get registered, fitted for equipment, etc...class starts at 9:15 ($100 inc everything)

We had a ball in the Drafts bar & grille...Evan was an awesome bartender...but next night was a girl that was so rude, we complained to mgmt and walked out.

We did Christmas brunch in the main restaurant at the Canyons...FABULOUS food!!! Also, did a Christmas Eve sleigh ride (save your $$$...it's not a traditional sleigh, it's like a long wagon attached to the horses). I definitely like the Canyons! The bus stops there too and you can take the cabriolet up to the main ski area.

Visited December 2012
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
“Loved every moment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I've been there for 3 timesfor skiing and loved every single one. By far the Best ski resort in Park City. We're Brazilians ( me and my girlfriend ) and didnt know skiing, and our instructor "Mark" taught us everything and with a patience of Buddhist monk, every tiny little detail... And because of that, We could be able to ski and enjoy the resort even more. The Fireworks on New Year's Eve was amazing, even in a cold -2 F ( -18 C) temperature ... I will surely come back

Park City, Utah
“Poor Management of Lift Lines”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I'm a local, and vacillate between The Canyons (which is half the distance from my house) and Deer Valley. Both are great resorts in terms of amenities. But the years I purchase my pass at The Canyons, I always remember why I switched to Deer Valley the year before. The Canyons DOES NOT manage their lift lines. I've skied 8-10 times since the resort opened, and only twice has there been a representative to gate the lift lines. The problem is that there is a certain population, predominantly young men, who make a point of pushing their way through in groups of anywhere from 6-10. It appears that defying basic ski etiquette is an important component of their day. Deer Valley has never left a lift line unattended in the 5+ years I've lived in Park City.

Visited January 2013
Pasadena, ca
15 attraction reviews
“Massive Improvements!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Canyons has undergone major renovations since the new ownership took over two or three years ago. New restaurants, better ways to get up on to the mountain from the base (including a heated four pack chair called the Orange Bubble), even some the flatter areas were regraded to be more sloped.

Visited January 2013