Having skied for years in Vermont and renting a condo from the same owner for nine years, I was a little concerned about renting in a new place but it worked out really great. When we arrived the valet was very attentive and brought up our nine bags to the room. We brought all of our equipment and were glad we did. The valet stood in our room for 15 minutes answering all of our questions and was so helpful. We had rented a one bed, one bath and it was really spacious. The boys had two window seats that are big enough to sleep on, a pullout couch and we also had a rollaway. The beds were not made up in the living room so we called down and when we got back from dinner they were all set up. Next morning there was a beautiful sunrise that could be viewed from the big windows in the living room. We took the elevator down to the 1st floor and walked right out to the heated chairlift. What could be better than that. At the end of the day you can check your skis in right inside the door and go straight up to the room. In the evening, the hot tubs and heated out door pool was enjoyed by all. It gets a little crowded at around five but it's a lot of fun meeting other families and skiers after the day. What I really liked was it was mostly families so it was pretty low key. There are three restaurants at the resort but they are all very small and you need to reserve ahead of time. Why this resort with so many condos does not have one big family restaurant is just real stupid on their part. Grand Summit could also use a nice big open bar area where you can relax and hang out. The owner allowed the boys to play pool in a private owners section so they enjoyed that every night. Our room was very spacious with a nice size kitchen, big living room with electric fireplace and lots of closet space to store all of our stuff. The skiing was really great at the Canyons, it was so beautiful and had some very challenging terrain. The double blues were harder than some of the double black diamond here in the east. On our last day we went to Alta which was a 45 minute car ride and that was just amazing. My son is a boarder so he had to rent skis which was so easy right at the canyons resort. We will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Summit Hotel, a AAA Four-Diamond resort, sits majestically in the heart of the Resort Village. This property is a combination of beautiful design, exceptional ski-in / ski-out location, attentive service and livable luxury. It has the variety to suit the most diverse families and groups, with 350 lodging options including hotel rooms, studios, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites and expansive luxury penthouses. From the moment you arrive to the covered porte cochere of the Grand Summit, our staff is dedicated to making your stay here at Canyons an exceptional experience. Whether you need to relax in our warm and inviting grand lobby after a long travel day, or you are inclined to get out and enjoy the outdoors as quickly as you can get checked-in, our concierge and bell staff are at your service. Of course, there is no shortage of amenities, depending on your room choice--all rooms have color televisions (flat screen), terry-cloth robes (available on request), coffee makers, hair dryers, iron & board, down comforters, alarm clock and CD player/stereo. Many rooms have balconies, fireplaces, whirlpool tubs and full kitchens with service for eight people featuring GE Profile appliances and granite countertops. High-speed wireless internet access (WiFi) is complimentary throughout the hotel. Our outdoor heated pool is the place to relax. If your adventures exploring the outdoors wear you out, try a relaxing massage or indulge yourself with a luxurious spa treatment from the Canyons Resort Spa and Health Club. Dining options include The Farm, Red Tail Grill and First Tracks Cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Canyons Grand Summit Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canyons Grand Summit Hotel Park City, Utah
- Canyons Grand Summit Resort
- Summit Park City
- Park City Summit