“Great weekend getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great weekend getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful weekend getaway. Whether it was mini-golfing, riding the gondola, or hiking, everything was perfect. However, the food left much to be desired. Our order was wrong twice and we were never really satisfied after we ate. Everything is so overpriced and room service took way too long. All in all, we enjoyed our time and would recommend staying if you bring your own snacks :)

• Stayed July 2013
IDailey, General Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
I am delighted to hear that you were able to escape the heat of the valley and head on up to us for a cooler weekend. I am also happy that you were able to enjoy some of our summer activities. Thank you for letting us know that you felt we need an improvement in the food and beverage area. I have shared this with our F&B department as they are always interested in feedback, be it positive or negative. It is with guest feedback that allows us to know where to focus our energy.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you come back to visit soon!

Grand Summit Property Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Flagler Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed in June 2013 for a week on a seminar. I found the location was the Grand Summit's best factor. It is centrally located nearby all the shopping, bike and hiking trails, and lifts. Had a lovely 1 bedroom suite with a nice kitchen. I can only imagine what it might be like if there was snow. The room looked out to the ski slopes, bike trails, miniature golf, and the gondolas. This hotel is kids friendly. I noticed that they have day care for children and a children's activity center as well. Was not impressed by the hotel's restaurant's. It had a small cafe that carried very little. Another restaurant had only buffet breakfasts, and limited items (all southwest) for lunch and dinner, but did have a spectacular view. Never made it to the restaurant that served Dinner. It was only open half the time during my visit, although I had read that it was good. I would come back here. The staff was very pleasant and helpful!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Grand Summit. I am happy to read that you overall found us satisfactory and would come back to stay again; particularly with our service, as we strive to exceed your expectations. The location of the Grand Summit is one of our greatest assets as it allows guests to be centralized here on property, and only a short distance from downtown as well. I am glad to read that you agree.

While I am pleased to read that you appreciated our gorgeous views, particularly from our restaurant, it is disappointing to read that you were not impressed with our food options. I would expect a guest to stay and enjoy all aspects of their vacation, and appreciate that you have shared this. Your feedback has been given to the appropriate departments for discussion.

I hope to have you return in the future and thank you for your business on behalf of all the staff at the Grand Summit Hotel.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

A friend and I went for a late season ski trip in the beginning of April. We booked an early flight in order to get an extra half day of skiing in. When we arrived we were told they wouldn't let us check in early and that the entire hotel was book ed solid. They didn't even try to accommodate us or do anything to help in any way. We even asked if they could put us in a dirty room so we could change into our ski clothes, they wouldn't do a thing. We found out that night that they were at 42% utilization. The manager on duty lied right to our face. That set the tone for the rest of the weekend. The food was bad, the service was bad, it was like they just didn't care if we were there or not. There are other nice places to stay right there and next time they will get my business

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
IDailey, General Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
We appreciate you sharing your winter ski season experience with us. Before I respond to your concerns, please note that on behalf of the Grand Summit staff, and Canyons Resort, we all truly hope that you had some great skiing days on our mountain.
I am disappointed to read that you felt your money is better spent elsewhere for lodging, as our goal at the Grand Summit Hotel is that our guests leave feeling like they experienced something extraordinary. One of the reasons Canyons Resort is such a unique place is because you can fly in and be at the resort just a short hour afterwards. Therefore I understand your desire to get on the mountain as quickly as possible. While we do our best to have guests checked into their rooms prior to our standard 4pm check-in time, we are not always able to guarantee this. There are times where the particular room type that you have booked, is unavailable to turn as quickly as we would like, or an alternative room open. In addition, it is not our desire to let guests into dirty rooms, as we believe that no guest should ever see a room that is not perfect for their arrival. I recognize that the option to change into your ski clothes early was very important to you, and I apologize on behalf of the desk that they were not more creative in finding an alternative option. You are right that a check-in experience that does not give you comfort, can set the tone for the remainder of your stay.
Thank you for sharing this feedback with us, and we look forward to using it as a teaching tool for our employees to think outside the box. We want you to leave us with lasting family memories, and the comfort knowing you were well taken care of.

Property Manager
Chandler, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My rooms was very nice. It was 2 stories, had a jetted bathtub and a fireplace. The kitchen area and bath had marble. The surroundings are amazing and the customer service was excellent! I was there in the summer. The lower prices and Olympic Park nearby were great!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Feedback through our guest surveys and through avenues such as Trip Advisor, are great ways for us to understand where we are excelling, and what areas need improvement. It is wonderful to hear that you felt our customer service was excellent, and I will be sure to share this with the team. It is also great to hear that you enjoyed your accomodations, and the surrounding area. Park City has much to offer beyond skiing, and I am glad you were able to enjoy it.
Thank you for coming to stay with us and we sure hope to see you again in the future.

Property Manager
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The hotel was ok. The pool was absolutely great! We went in the summer so maybe that's way the service wasn't as good as I expected. First there is a charge for parking! Really after the resort fees and the not so inexpensive rooms we need to pay for parking on a nightly basis. Then we were told that there is free parking on the dirt lot but when we got there there was a sign with no overnight parking... Nice going fancy resort. Then the Internet wasn't working. After repeats attempts and very offended stares from desk people I was told IT is working on it. Next day it was working.. Except in our room which was in an elevator corner that had spotty service. So it was "fun" wandering around the room trying to find the spot. Room 556

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Seeing that you were visiting us for a very special occasion, it is disappointing to read that you felt we were lacking in certain areas. Be it a busy winter day or quieter moment in the summer, a guest should never feel that there is inconsistency with the service provided. Much focus is put upon our service levels, and I appreciate you informing me that during your stay, we did not meet your expectations.
I am happy to read that the silver lining was that you loved our pool. It is a beautiful place to relax and enjoy Park City's weather.
Please reach out to me directly should you decide to return, as your visit should be one of ever-lasting memories, not disappointment. I would like to assist in any way I can to change your opinion of the Grand Summit. Thank you for submitting your review.

Overland, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here through our time share and were able to get a one bedroom suite. There were lots of pros and only a handful of cons about the resort. Overall, it was a very nice place, and our suite was very neat and clean, with the latest modern appliances in the kitchen and a granite kitchen counter top. Small appliances included a coffee maker and a toaster. There were enough cooking utensils and dishes to accommodate most of our needs. They even supplied such condiments as salt, pepper and sugar/ sweetener packets; also a couple of packages of coffee.
The service was excellent. We had a couple of minor repairs and maintenance was quick to take care of them. They were very friendly and checked to see if there was anything else we needed. On one occasion, to my horror, I discovered that the refrigerator froze my salad. The setting was at 5, but apparently that was too high. When I called the front desk about it, the young lady said it should have been set at 3, apologized and offered me a new salad from the hotel’s restaurant. It was DELICIOUS. They even sent complimentary cookies! Housekeeping was quick to take of taking out our trash or supplying us with towels when we needed them. They do offer daily cleaning, but we opted for just midweek cleaning.
I especially loved the built in sofa couches in the living room. I have a bad back, so the bed in our bedroom was too soft for me. I spent a couple of nights on them, as they were much firmer and saved my back. There were built in fireplaces in both the living room and bedroom (although we never needed to use it). The hotel also offers free WIFI. The view of the surrounding mountains was fantastic. I can imagine it’s gorgeous in the winter when they are snow covered.
The pool was heated, and the pool area was equipped with three hot tubs. They also had a spa and several restaurants.
Just a few cons, but not enough to drop the 5* rating. First, the only bathroom was quite a distance from the bedroom, right off of the kitchen. Very inconvenient when I needed to get up in the middle of the night to use it, which was virtually every night. Also, the internet was often offline, or very weak at times, which was very frustrating, especially since our 4G didn’t always come in very strong. Our bedroom was nice, but there was no dresser to put clothes in. Only a couple of night stands with 2 small drawers. We had to put our folded clothes on a shelf in the closet
Also, unless you want to pay $16.00 a day for the garage connected to the hotel, you have to park quite a distance down the hill from the hotel in a gravel parking lot. Then it’s an uphill 5 minute walk back to the hotel. They were good about letting us park temporarily in the front, however, when we had to unload things from our car, and were great about opening the door for me.
Overall, though, I would highly recommend Grand Summit as an inviting place to stay in the Park City area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Denton, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel or my stay. I stayed here for a wedding and that was top notch as well. I loved my entire long weekend and I am so happy with the hotel, the services, and the staff. I cannot wait to come back!!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!