“Wedding anniversary” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 59 hotels in Park City
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Wedding anniversary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The hotel was ok. The pool was absolutely great! We went in the summer so maybe that's way the service wasn't as good as I expected. First there is a charge for parking! Really after the resort fees and the not so inexpensive rooms we need to pay for parking on a nightly basis. Then we were told that there is free parking on the dirt lot but when we got there there was a sign with no overnight parking... Nice going fancy resort. Then the Internet wasn't working. After repeats attempts and very offended stares from desk people I was told IT is working on it. Next day it was working.. Except in our room which was in an elevator corner that had spotty service. So it was "fun" wandering around the room trying to find the spot. Room 556

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IDailey, General Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Seeing that you were visiting us for a very special occasion, it is disappointing to read that you felt we were lacking in certain areas. Be it a busy winter day or quieter moment in the summer, a guest should never feel that there is inconsistency with the service provided. Much focus is put upon our service levels, and I appreciate you informing me that during your stay, we did not meet your expectations.
I am happy to read that the silver lining was that you loved our pool. It is a beautiful place to relax and enjoy Park City's weather.
Please reach out to me directly should you decide to return, as your visit should be one of ever-lasting memories, not disappointment. I would like to assist in any way I can to change your opinion of the Grand Summit. Thank you for submitting your review.

Mary Sorensen
Grand Summit Property Manager

240 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Overland, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here through our time share and were able to get a one bedroom suite. There were lots of pros and only a handful of cons about the resort. Overall, it was a very nice place, and our suite was very neat and clean, with the latest modern appliances in the kitchen and a granite kitchen counter top. Small appliances included a coffee maker and a toaster. There were enough cooking utensils and dishes to accommodate most of our needs. They even supplied such condiments as salt, pepper and sugar/ sweetener packets; also a couple of packages of coffee.
The service was excellent. We had a couple of minor repairs and maintenance was quick to take care of them. They were very friendly and checked to see if there was anything else we needed. On one occasion, to my horror, I discovered that the refrigerator froze my salad. The setting was at 5, but apparently that was too high. When I called the front desk about it, the young lady said it should have been set at 3, apologized and offered me a new salad from the hotel’s restaurant. It was DELICIOUS. They even sent complimentary cookies! Housekeeping was quick to take of taking out our trash or supplying us with towels when we needed them. They do offer daily cleaning, but we opted for just midweek cleaning.
I especially loved the built in sofa couches in the living room. I have a bad back, so the bed in our bedroom was too soft for me. I spent a couple of nights on them, as they were much firmer and saved my back. There were built in fireplaces in both the living room and bedroom (although we never needed to use it). The hotel also offers free WIFI. The view of the surrounding mountains was fantastic. I can imagine it’s gorgeous in the winter when they are snow covered.
The pool was heated, and the pool area was equipped with three hot tubs. They also had a spa and several restaurants.
Just a few cons, but not enough to drop the 5* rating. First, the only bathroom was quite a distance from the bedroom, right off of the kitchen. Very inconvenient when I needed to get up in the middle of the night to use it, which was virtually every night. Also, the internet was often offline, or very weak at times, which was very frustrating, especially since our 4G didn’t always come in very strong. Our bedroom was nice, but there was no dresser to put clothes in. Only a couple of night stands with 2 small drawers. We had to put our folded clothes on a shelf in the closet
Also, unless you want to pay $16.00 a day for the garage connected to the hotel, you have to park quite a distance down the hill from the hotel in a gravel parking lot. Then it’s an uphill 5 minute walk back to the hotel. They were good about letting us park temporarily in the front, however, when we had to unload things from our car, and were great about opening the door for me.
Overall, though, I would highly recommend Grand Summit as an inviting place to stay in the Park City area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Denton, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this hotel or my stay. I stayed here for a wedding and that was top notch as well. I loved my entire long weekend and I am so happy with the hotel, the services, and the staff. I cannot wait to come back!!

• Stayed June 2013
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Company Christmas party. We stayed for 2 nights. Everything was so beautiful inside and out. Our studio room was very romantic with a fireplace and big whirlpool tub. The patio had a great view of the resort. We put our beer on the patio to keep cold, well actually it froze so don't leave it out there too long. All the food we had was great, from room service to nachos @The Red tail deer. The food for our Christmas party was unbelievable, from prime rib to oysters and a million desserts. I do need to warn you though, Utah laws are a bit different for alcohol, so if you'd like a mimosa or bloody mary for breakfast stop by the 7eleven down the road. Room service only delivers whole bottles and not until after 10am or maybe later. The ski lift closes pretty early so we couldn't eat at the restaurant at the top. Cheers

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms have beautiful views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
So. Cal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Took a trip with a soccer team and stayed here. Everyone was more than accommodating and helpful. The setting was gorgeous, close to food, shopping, and activities. The view was amazing and the hiking around the hotel was a lot of fun. We stayed in a 2 bedroom and it was huge! There was plenty of room to move around, kitchen, living room, and 2 bathrooms. It was very clean and the decor was pleasant. We never heard the neighbors and the halls were quiet as well. We would definitely stay here again! I had a problem with the TV on the first day and they were up in the room in 10 minutes to fix it. Service was exceptional and we were even lucky to get early check-in. Can't recommend this enough!! Great memories!

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a mountain view but the valley view was gorgeous also!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Nice hotel in quaint and beautiful setting with lots of amenities, close to slopes, dining, and shops. Great pool.

We came to town for a big soccer tournament and the hotel was booked up by several different teams from different states. Most of us had booked Queen beds with additional sleeping. We ended up getting the so called "Parlor Rooms". Those rooms have a full kitchen, a fireplace, and a dining table that easily can seat 10-12 people but NO beds. Instead it has a queen sofa sleeper and two daybeds. The player rooms were booked for four players per room. None of them had sheets on the sofa sleeper, only on the day beds. 1/2 of the parents room experienced the same in our group of about 50 people. We all checked in late, and getting sheets on before bed was an issue. Parents ended up begging houskeeping to just hand the sheets over, otherwise it would have been midnight before all the girls would have made it to bed.

Upon arrival, the hotel was not ready for the sheer amount of people arriving and checking in all at the same time. The front desk was understaffed and there were no bellhops to be found anywhere to help with luggage. Parking was $16/night. No breakfast was provided but I understand there was an overpriced cafe to buy breakfast.

One night the hotel offered a family night catered toward the soccer tourny behind the premises. It included mini soccer games, miniture golf, families could bring picnic, and other activities, followed by a movie nigh with free popcorn and drinks.

Wednesday the resort has its own farmers market. take the little gondola down to the stands for free.

This hotel has a nice setting and is great for in/out skiing in the winter. I find it overpriced for the hassle it gave us, inconvient not having beds, slow response to some requests/needs.

I don't think I would choose to stay there again, nor would I recommend it. Would look for other options nearby or within the Canyons group.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I held our wedding at Lookout Cabin at the Canyons and we couldn't be happier! Janice Fine and her team went above and beyond any of our expectations! We don't live in Utah so this was a destination wedding and Janice and my event coordinator did everything without me being there and absolutely nailed it! The 3 bedroom penthouse (#702) was amazing for all of our parties and for everyone to meet as a home base. The rooms are updated and gorgeous and there isn't a bad view in any of the rooms! I highly recommend this hotel as a leisure stay or to host your wedding!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!