“Decent - great location.” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4000 Canyons Resort Drive, Park City, UT 84098   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #26 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Crested Butte, CO
“Decent - great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed for 6 nights here - we enjoyed the convenience of the location and the Fast Tracks breakfast options in the mornings - for quick to go sandwiches and breakfast burritos. We mistakenly booked the hotel style room - which was simply 2 beds and a bathroom - no kitchenette - no micro fridge - no microwave - which was a mistake that I won't make again.

Pool and hot tubs were nice - though a bit crowded at times - and hot tubs could've been a bit hotter.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a kitchenette and a fridge.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IDailey, General Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I am glad to hear that you found the location of our hotel and the First Tracks breakfast a great aspect of the Grand Summit. We are very proud of the fact that guests may simply walk out the back door of the hotel and hop on a ski lift.
Next time you come to stay, may I recommend that you ask for either a Studio unit, or a Studio Queen Deluxe. The Deluxe version gives you that added space as well as a full sized kitchen, which may be beneficial if you have more than 2 adults in the room. It sounds like this would have been a much better option for you and your comfort level. Be sure to ask our reservations team for details on all our room types, as we offer many different options to fit guests needs.
Thank you for adding your feedback on TripAdvisor! I hope to have you back as a loyal guest to the Grand Summit Hotel.

Grand Summit Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Marlborough, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

After a few long days of skiing my legs were spent. I decided to skip a day skiing and hit the spa instead. I booked the "Ninety Nine 90 Leg Treatment" ($99.90) which was amazing. The spa technician (Sue) massaged my legs for quite a while then used a cold cotton wrap. Afterwards I enjoyed the sauna and hot tub for a bit. I felt like a million bucks and enjoyed a nice snack and tall beer at The Farm after. I was so refreshed afterwards. It is worth mentioning they have a nice gift shop with some very darling wallets, jewelry and gifts. I highly recommend this experience and will enjoy it again when I return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I am delighted to read that not only did get you an opportunity to enjoy our mountain, but also our Spa within the Grand Summit Hotel. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our Spa Director, so that she might recognize Sue and the wonderful service that she provided.
The Spa has gone through some updating in the last year, menu of treatments included, and your comments have reconfirmed that we moved in the proper direction.
It is always wonderful to hear when guests are feeling content, relaxed and a little spoiled while on property. I hope that you return again for another fantastic vacation.

petd0c
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at the Grand Summit for 5 days for a professional meeting in March. This is my second stay at this facility- the first was almost 11 years ago when the hotel was relatively new. Among the positives are the wonderful ski in/ski out location, the kitchenettes in the rooms and convenient conference facilities. Additionally, I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. Among the negatives are that the hotel is aging and in need of some updating. Lighting in the rooms is rather dim (stayed in a king standard room), the furniture and kitchen appliances are getting worn and outdated and hallway decor needs to be updated and modernized. This facility was built at the same time as its sister hotels in Steamboat and Crested Butte but is now owned by a different company. The facility in Steamboat has done a much better job of updating the rooms, halls and general appearance of the property (I've owned a fractional there for 10 years) than they have here and they are very similar in design and original decor. Nonetheless, the hotel is friendly, well located and has very nice work out and pool facilities. I would stay again but my opinion is that they would be wise to update significantly to keep up with other properties in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences here at the Grand Summit. First off, I am happy to read that you found the staff friendly and helpful. We focus on not only having employees that are service minded, but that they guide our guests to extraordinary experiences; creating long-lasting memories with family and friends. Your feedback is great confirmation that we are on the right track with our goal to be the friendliest resort around.

Concerning the feel of the Grand Summit Hotel, I want you to know that this is the primary focus of the Owners. A design team was brought in a few months ago, and have been working hard to give a great update to our rooms, and common areas. I trust that if you come to visit again, you will be pleased with the changes.
Thank you for staying with us again, and we hope to have you back!

Bellvue, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Overall I was disappointed by the resort. They seem to be cutting a lot of corners and running on their reputation. For example, the lobby had a chess board but the pieces were broken and the set was incomplete. The food was overpriced and there were very small portions. The staff at the front desk was poorly informed about meeting locations and times. I will not return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I am disappointed to read that your perception of the resort is that we are doing things cheaply. I assure you we would never want a guest to feel this way, especially with the incredible amount of updating we are doing across the board. Your input has been shared with all of management, as this perception is not acceptable to us. We have already started to brainstorm ways that we can give those special touches throughout the resort, that leaves people feeling well taken care of.
Note that we have removed the chess pieces as clearly it provides no purpose being out on the floor. Thank you for providing us with this feedback and motivating us to continue discussions on what we can do to be the best.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Exceptional location with very professional staff. Standard king bed rooms well appointed but a bit small. Very good bars/restaurants adjacent to hotel. And, best of all, a high speed quad lift right out the hotel's back door!

• Stayed February 2013
I am happy to read that you were so pleased with your stay at the Grand Summit Hotel. The location is prime, as it puts you so close to the lifts, as well as the excitement in our plaza area. I am also happy to read that you found the staff to be very professional. It is always a great motivator when the staff gets to read that a guest found them to be great at their job.
I sincerely hope that you visit us again. Thank you for submitting this review on TripAdvisor.

Connecticut, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights at the Canyons as part of a group of hospitality professionals. The rooms were nice enough, but for $300 per night, I was expecting higher quality. The convenience of ski on/off was great, so that helped. The report itself is amazing, with a diverse array of offerings for skiers/boarders of all levels. Its also very family friendly. I could see letting my sons, who are grown now, run around on their own if they were teens/tweens, without worry. The pool/hot tubs are great, although there should be drink service available. I had to get out of the heated pool, and walk into the spa area to ask for a drink. That was cold! The food for breakfast in the Cabin restaurant was good, with fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, breads, plenty of egg concoctions, etc.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the hill are the best! You can also get rooms facing the valley, which is also a ni...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

i am from Aspen Colorado, known as a top notch world class resort and l was totally impressed with the Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel during our 2 day stay. Everything, every detail was perfect for us during our stay. The food delicious, the rooms exquisitely comfortable and clean with fireplaces and jacuzzi tub in our suite, views, amazing room service speed, the absolute nicest most professional staff in the world. Highly, highly recommend to those who want excellence with genuine warmth.

thank you so much, we will be back!

Room Tip: If you are romantic, spring for the suite to have the fireplace going as you watch the sunset and br...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Canyons Grand Summit Hotel? Share your experiences!