“Park City Skiing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Bloomingdale, Illinois
“Park City Skiing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great resort with slope side access, including equipment available at a number of shops, This trip was for business and leisure. We had a banquet with over 150, employees and spouses and the facility worked well for us. Food and staff are fantastic along with spa, hot tub and pool. Resort is located between downtown Park City and convienant shopping with regular stores and restaurants. Additionaly ski resorts are very convienant by free shuttle bus or car.

Room Tip: Plan on renting a car so you can easily travel downtown Park City, Salt Lake City or to other ski re...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IDailey, General Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about the Grand Summit. I am pleased to read that while you were on a business trip, you were also able to enjoy all the leisure activities that we offer here at Canyons Resort.

Our banquet staff works hard to provide great service, and great food, and I am happy to read that you experienced both while staying with us. I will be sure to send this to our Director of Food and Beverage so he can share with his team.

Thank you again for your feedback, we truly appreciate knowing about our guest's experiences, as we continually strive for excellence. We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.

Mary Sorensen
Resident Manager
Grand Summit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Great Hotel. Deluxe room include a Jacuzzi tub and a fireplace in the room. The staff was supper friendly. Because my visit was on the early sky season and I was a returning customer, I received a $100 Gift certificate, free breakfast for each day and free sky tickets. They also offers a free shutter to and from Park City. I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe room, it is worth it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! It is great to have guests come back year after year; and I am pleased to read that our Reservations Department made sure you were provided with some great perks for the early ski season, and being loyal to Canyons Resort.

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review in TripAdvisor. We appreciate guest feedback as it is what guides us in our path to success. We look forward to your return and please make sure you let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay even better next time around.

Mary Sorensen
Resident Manager
Grand Summit
Durham, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was there off-season for a conference. It is a beautiful property, but is not configured to host large conferences. The meeting rooms are spacious enough, but the problem occurred when we had a pre-dinner reception. The dining room was already packed with set tables, so the only place to host a cocktail hour was in a hallway outside the dining hall. It was cramped and the flow was poor. The service was ok. They were training new hires for the upcoming season, so I'll leave it at that. Overall, the experience was fine; just don't host a big event there.

Los Gatos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here for a conference last week. Every hotel/service person I had contact with was very pleasant and helpful. I had a 2-story room which was fabulous. The view was nice. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I ordered room service a couple of times for breakfast and it came on time and was just what I ordered. My room had a small kitchen so I could make my own meals if I chose to do so. The room was very quiet and the living area had a gas fireplace which I made sure I used in the morning and in the evening! Even the couch in the living room was cosy comfy for lounging. I could see having the fire going, the drapes open, lounging on the couch and watching it snow. I would stay here again. It is fairly close to Park City downtown (just up the road 5 minutes). You still need a car. I think there is a shuttle but that might have been just for the conference, not sure. I would get a car anyway, since it's fun to drive around.

Room Tip: I had a 5th floor room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IDailey, Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you so much for this incredible review of the Grand Summit. I am so pleased that all the hotel employees and service staff were "very pleasant and helpful" and that you enjoyed your "fabulous" room. Reading your review made me wish I was sitting in one of our rooms watching the snow fall and enjoying relaxing on a "comfy" couch with the fire place on! Sounds amazing!

I am so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and "would stay here again." It would be great to have you come visit during our winter season to see our resort in full swing and enjoy all of our winter offerings. Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel and resort and we hope to see you back again soon!

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I visited the Canyons for business but look forward to returning for pleasure. The hotel is beautiful..the staff is friendly and professional...the restaurant has a great menu, and Park City is so very charming.

Room Tip: The corner rooms have a lovely fireplace. The room is not large, but the fireplace adds a lot of cha...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IDailey, Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you so much for this great review of the Grand Summit at Canyons Resort! I am so pleased you found our hote to be "beautiful" and our dedicated employees to be "friendly and professional." We couldn't agree more that "Park City is so very charming" and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to your future visit here at Canyons and are all very excited to see you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hotel was great and the staff was friendly. Transportation to downtown is accessible by way of free shuttle on Main Street which makes it nice. We were there in fall which is considered off season but wow what amazing views we had we can't wait to go back in winter!

• Stayed October 2012
What a great review of the Grand Summit! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the "hotel was great and the staff was friendly." I couldn't agree more that fall is an amazing time to be in Park City and with simple transportation options it makes it very easy to get around town and enjoy the colors.

I look forward to your return visit this winter season to Canyons to enjoy the resort with its full offerings. Canyons is truly an amazing place during the winter and I am confident you will find every bit as dazzling as you did this fall.

North Salt Lake, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Grand Summit Resort Hotel is a nice hotel with well-appointed rooms, comfortable beds, and nice views. The staff is friendly and helpful, even offering a late checkout, and rooms are very comfortable, although a sitting chair would have been more comfortable than the single desk chair provided. The amenities are nice and our room had a nice large jetted tub. The location is fantastic and our room looked out over the slopes, which are a colorful mosaic in fall.

I do have just a few comments (complaints). The room had no glasses so we had to drink our water from the coffee cups. There is no way to order a drink to enjoy on the lovely porch. Utah liquor laws don't allow a drink to be taken from the bar to the room, so if you want to enjoy an evening drink on the romantic porch, bring your own. The fireplace didn't work (evidently it was too early in the fall to have it lit, but it was very cool and would have been quite nice).

These annoyances weren't enough to keep me away in the future. Stay here with confidence.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IDailey, Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for review of the Grand Summit Hotel. I am so pleased that you found our staff to be "friendly and helpful" and that they were able to offer you a late check out per your request. We take great pride in our talented and dedicated employees and I am very happy they met your expectations. It was also great to hear that your room was "comfortable" and that you enjoyed our spectacular fall colors while you were here.

I truly appreciate your feedback regarding some of the items in your room and I assure you that your concerns will be addressed. We always strive to meet our guests' requests and there should be no reason we could not meet yours. This type of feedback only helps us improve our business and I will be sharing it with our departmental managers.

I do hope you find your way back to Canyons soon, perhaps during the winter season to enjoy the Resort and our full scope of offerings. Thank you again for this review and we look forward to your return visit!

Canyons Resort

Been to Canyons Grand Summit Hotel? Share your experiences!