“Review of hotel and conference facilities” 4 of 5 stars

Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4000 The Canyons Resort Dr, Park City, UT 84098   |
Ranked #30 of 59 hotels in Park City
Durham, NC
“Review of hotel and conference facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was there off-season for a conference. It is a beautiful property, but is not configured to host large conferences. The meeting rooms are spacious enough, but the problem occurred when we had a pre-dinner reception. The dining room was already packed with set tables, so the only place to host a cocktail hour was in a hallway outside the dining hall. It was cramped and the flow was poor. The service was ok. They were training new hires for the upcoming season, so I'll leave it at that. Overall, the experience was fine; just don't host a big event there.

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Los Gatos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here for a conference last week. Every hotel/service person I had contact with was very pleasant and helpful. I had a 2-story room which was fabulous. The view was nice. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I ordered room service a couple of times for breakfast and it came on time and was just what I ordered. My room had a small kitchen so I could make my own meals if I chose to do so. The room was very quiet and the living area had a gas fireplace which I made sure I used in the morning and in the evening! Even the couch in the living room was cosy comfy for lounging. I could see having the fire going, the drapes open, lounging on the couch and watching it snow. I would stay here again. It is fairly close to Park City downtown (just up the road 5 minutes). You still need a car. I think there is a shuttle but that might have been just for the conference, not sure. I would get a car anyway, since it's fun to drive around.

Room Tip: I had a 5th floor room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IDailey, Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you so much for this incredible review of the Grand Summit. I am so pleased that all the hotel employees and service staff were "very pleasant and helpful" and that you enjoyed your "fabulous" room. Reading your review made me wish I was sitting in one of our rooms watching the snow fall and enjoying relaxing on a "comfy" couch with the fire place on! Sounds amazing!

I am so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and "would stay here again." It would be great to have you come visit during our winter season to see our resort in full swing and enjoy all of our winter offerings. Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel and resort and we hope to see you back again soon!

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I visited the Canyons for business but look forward to returning for pleasure. The hotel is beautiful..the staff is friendly and professional...the restaurant has a great menu, and Park City is so very charming.

Room Tip: The corner rooms have a lovely fireplace. The room is not large, but the fireplace adds a lot of cha...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IDailey, Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you so much for this great review of the Grand Summit at Canyons Resort! I am so pleased you found our hote to be "beautiful" and our dedicated employees to be "friendly and professional." We couldn't agree more that "Park City is so very charming" and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to your future visit here at Canyons and are all very excited to see you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was great and the staff was friendly. Transportation to downtown is accessible by way of free shuttle on Main Street which makes it nice. We were there in fall which is considered off season but wow what amazing views we had we can't wait to go back in winter!

• Stayed October 2012
What a great review of the Grand Summit! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the "hotel was great and the staff was friendly." I couldn't agree more that fall is an amazing time to be in Park City and with simple transportation options it makes it very easy to get around town and enjoy the colors.

I look forward to your return visit this winter season to Canyons to enjoy the resort with its full offerings. Canyons is truly an amazing place during the winter and I am confident you will find every bit as dazzling as you did this fall.

North Salt Lake, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Grand Summit Resort Hotel is a nice hotel with well-appointed rooms, comfortable beds, and nice views. The staff is friendly and helpful, even offering a late checkout, and rooms are very comfortable, although a sitting chair would have been more comfortable than the single desk chair provided. The amenities are nice and our room had a nice large jetted tub. The location is fantastic and our room looked out over the slopes, which are a colorful mosaic in fall.

I do have just a few comments (complaints). The room had no glasses so we had to drink our water from the coffee cups. There is no way to order a drink to enjoy on the lovely porch. Utah liquor laws don't allow a drink to be taken from the bar to the room, so if you want to enjoy an evening drink on the romantic porch, bring your own. The fireplace didn't work (evidently it was too early in the fall to have it lit, but it was very cool and would have been quite nice).

These annoyances weren't enough to keep me away in the future. Stay here with confidence.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IDailey, Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for review of the Grand Summit Hotel. I am so pleased that you found our staff to be "friendly and helpful" and that they were able to offer you a late check out per your request. We take great pride in our talented and dedicated employees and I am very happy they met your expectations. It was also great to hear that your room was "comfortable" and that you enjoyed our spectacular fall colors while you were here.

I truly appreciate your feedback regarding some of the items in your room and I assure you that your concerns will be addressed. We always strive to meet our guests' requests and there should be no reason we could not meet yours. This type of feedback only helps us improve our business and I will be sharing it with our departmental managers.

I do hope you find your way back to Canyons soon, perhaps during the winter season to enjoy the Resort and our full scope of offerings. Thank you again for this review and we look forward to your return visit!

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Staying here at present, room doesn't have a desk, but other facilities like the bathroom or sometimes the kitchens in rooms outweigh this required.comfortable beds, attentive staff, nice gym and spa treatment available...how many pillows!, no need for the 10, found my bed under there somewhere...great location for skiing the canyons resort in winter, no snow at present mind you. Evening wise is quiet, so shuttles to main street are good here. Internet, I agree is slow, telephone network is also patchy.Still, a lovely ski setting, very classy, staying here in the winter would be $$$,as opposed $ now..been here a few times generally for business and would return.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for this candid review of the Grand Summit! I am very happy to hear that you are finding your room enjoyable with a "comfortable" bed, "nice gym and spa" and that our "attentive staff" has been able to meet your needs.

I must apologize that you experienced difficulties with our wifi service and telephones. If you are still on property, please reach out to me and I would be happy to provide any assistance I can to improve this experience for you. We do offer different settings of Internet access to help increase the bandwidth and I would be happy to assist in this matter.

I truly hope you choose to return to Canyons Resort and the Grand Summit Hotel this winter to enjoy our "lovely ski setting" and get some great powder turns in with all of us here in Park City. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at your convenience.

Salem, OR.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed for 9 nights in a fantastic, two-story (time-share) suite with separate Master bedroom/bath, full kitchen, living room, loft with full queen & second bathroom, 3 flat screen TVs, DVD player and even a token balcony that overlooked the pool and had a great view of the ski slopes behind the resort. The room was clean and decorated tastefully. The couches, chairs, bed all very comfortable. The kitchen was stocked well enough with pots/pans/utencils to do some simple cooking. It didnt include coffee filters and there wasn't a wide variety of dishes. The large fridge, microwave and halogen stove all worked well. The staff were exceptional! The concierge and valet staff were very friendly and offered great advice about local dining spots and places to shop. Housekeeping staff were thorough and professional. Being there in August, we took advantage of using the ski slopes for some mountain biking. The Lift staff were also friendly (couple of them were Oregon transplants!) Was it expensive? Yeah, a bit. The restaurants on-site were all top-class and quite spendy! Thus, we spent most of our $$$ in town at the local spots (separate reviews). The city of Park City was quite high-browed, but we expected that. Most of the shopping, restaurant and hotel staff were quite pleasant, friendly, helpful and down-to-earth. Would we go back? I would. But, if you're from the "lowlands", give yourself a day or two to acclimate! The 7500 ft elevation change from home was a bit of a shocker!

Room Tip: If you can get a line on a time-share, do it. Having breakfast in the room and a fridge for perisha...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for this incredible review of the Grand Summit Hotel! I don't know what more to say than "WOW" and I am so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time at our Resort. Summer in Park City is a wonderful time and the mountain biking here is great!

Most importantly I am so pleased to hear that you found our staff to be "exceptional" - from valet to housekeeping to our lift operators! We take great pride in our talented team of employees and it is great to hear that they contributed to your amazing experience.

Once again, thank you so much for this great review and we are all so excited that you enjoyed your trip to Park City. I truly hope you come visit us during the winter season to enjoy the Resort and all of its offerings, and at the very least, that you come back and see us again next summer for another great adventure. I appreciate the feedback you have provided us and we all look forward to your next visit!

Canyons Resort

Been to Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!