“Great time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We live in nearby Salt Lake City and needed to get away from the house for a week. My wife found a great deal by calling the Grand Summit which is a full service facility. We had a ski in ski out room. There was no snow when we got there so the skiing was marginal. At noon on that first day it started to dump and continued for five days. It was great. We had to buy better ski clothing to accomodate to quickly changing weather and we got a discount from a friends husband who work at the resort. The restaurants we tried were wonderful. One was under renovation but others were specatular. The Cabin is super. The help is great.

Room Tip: There is no predicting the weather or the amount of snow but this place can make any situation great...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
IDailey, Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
What an exceptional review of Canyons and The Grand Summit! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Without question, when the snow starts flying in Park City it becomes a truly magical place. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our ski experience and that you felt "this place can make any situation great." The dining at Canyons Resort is quickly becoming the talk of the town and I am happy to hear you enjoyed yourself in our outlets.

Our employees at Canyons Resort are some of the friendliest in the industry and I am pleased to hear your experience with all of them was exceptional. We are looking forward to a great ski season this coming winter and I am very excited for you and your family to join us again for a winter retreat. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Canyons Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was here for a business meeting with a group of colleagues. I somehow lucked out and got a studio suite with a full kitchen (yes!, regular size fridge and range) and a sitting room so the size of my room was great. Others in my group mentioned rooms the size of a shoebox. I had only a queen bed which is a negative, in my opinion and the bathtub/shower combo was so narrow that I kept knocking the shampoo off the shelf while washing my hair. And while others have complained about no hot water, I had just the opposite problem. I turned on the shower and had ONLY hot water. We called for maintenance and they came right away and took just a short time to fix it. Next morning - same problem. Water too hot to get into a shower. But then we figured it out. Run the COLD water for 10 minutes and eventually we'd get decent shower tempurature. I live with water restrictrictions in Texas and this seems so completely wasteful, I'm appalled. Another real negative is that services are really curtailed in the summer so only some restaurants are open and those that are offer extremely limited menus. The Farm is supposed to be an excellent restaurant on site and was open but while the service was great, the food was poor. A steak ordered cooked to medium was nearly mooing. The lamb was tough and bland. The location is too far from town to get to without a car and there didn't seem to be any regular transportation outside of the Canyons resort area. The area is breathtakingly beautiful, even in the summer so if you want to go just to chill and hike, probably a great option. If you want decent food, stay close to town.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite. Probably a nicer view in the back.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IDailey, Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on Canyons Resort. I am sorry to hear that you found your accomodations to be unsatisfactory regarding your bed size, though I am pleased to hear the studio suited you well. We do offer studios with king beds, as well as queens, and I apologize that we are unable to meet your requests or desires. The hot water issue you experienced is completely unfortunate and I do know our Engineering teams were working to remedy this problem. I am very sorry to hear we were unable to mange this issue while you were on property.

With regard to your comment about our summer services, you are correct. We do, in fact, "curtail" some of our offerings in summer to meet occupancy demands while attempting to provide great experiences to our guests at the same time. I am so sorry to hear about your experience at the Farm as we are very proud of this outlet as one of our finest dining options. The Farm has received rave reviews locally and nationally and it is unfortunate that we could not provide an extraordinary experience to you.

I would love to invite you back to Canyons to experience truly wonderful service and accomodations. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you so much for your feedback and trust that I will share with the appropriate department heads.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed at the Canyons for a conference earlier this month. The rooms were nice and decently appointed. The suite we had would easily sleep 6 or more people, including the window benches and pull-out couches. The kitchen would work well for feeding little ones breakfast and lunch. The entire resort is designed to support families, and in that respect, the Canyons absolutely met all expectations. It's not a luxury resort, but it meets the needs of families quite well. As someone who does not have or travel with children, I found it to be a nice option. The service teams are excellent, and the spa is one of the best spa experiences that I have had in Park City. Definitely consider this option if you have children and are travelling with a family. The easy access to the mountain makes it very easy to keep all the kids busy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and found it to be appropriate for the needs of a family. We pride ourselves on creating a home away from home experience for our guests and I appreciate that you found this to be the case.

Thank you also for your very kind words about our "service teams" and our Spa staff. We are very proud of our employees here at Canyons Resort and we believe their service truly stands out in the industry.

Once again, thank you for the great feedback and we look forward to your return visit, either with your conference group or with your family!

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This may be a bit repetitive, as most know Canyons Resort is for families, primarily with little ones.....no issues, we can all share - but if you are looking for a snack, a drink, a meal, a fun time, LIFE, past 10pm here - forget it. Yes, Park City is a few miles down the road, but for a resort with so many locations, so many restaurants, so many people - it is unbelievable they do not cater to any living soul past 10pm.......the Euros I spoke with could not believe it either......you pay a lot of money to stay here, you pay a resort fee, you pay $16 a day to park......and there is ZERO service anywhere in this desolate, post 10pm ghost town............it's just sad......I know most are asleep, bur for those that aren't , it's sad...........btw - park in the gravel lots for free.....it's a 3 minute walk......

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and your experience at the resort with us. I apologize that we were unable to meet your needs of an after hours experience here at Canyons while you were on property. We do take great pride in the many amenities our resort offers and we do appreciate and understand that the needs of our guests are diverse and all equally important.

I invite you to return during our winter season to witness the resort during our peak operating time and enjoy world class skiing and snowboarding. We truly appreciate your business and would be thrilled at the chance to provide a more appropriate experience for you. If you would like to discuss your stay with me further, please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience.

TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Went for conference. Even off-season, hiking trails easily accessible from hotel provided spectacular views of the area. Rooms very clean & updated. Front desk exceptionally pleasant & service oriented. Complimentary shuttle will take u to & from bus stop with free buses to main tourist areas.

Room Tip: Avoid back overlooking power plant in off season.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
IDailey, Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of the Grand Summit. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and experienced our "exceptionally pleasant and service oriented" Front Desk team. I will be sure to pass on your kind words about your "very clean" room to our Housekeeping team also, as they take great pride in maintaining our building.

It is difficult to find a time of year that is not exceptional at Canyons and I am so happy that even during our shoulder season you were able to enjoy the amenities. We look forward to your return visit during our peak operating times!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I recently went to a conference at this hotel. Since I didn't have a choice as to where to stay, I was a little nervous based on the reviews I had read about this hotel. I worried for nothing! The rooms have been renovated and are not outdated as stated in previous reviews. The room was very comfortable. I had plenty of hot water, nice thick towels, and a full sized hairdryer (not the little one attached to the wall). My gas fireplace worked beatifully and took the chill out of the room at night. The bed was soooo comfortable. The lobby had plenty of comfortable seating areas. We ate at The Farm both nights and had a splendid meal both times! I can't say enough about the friendly wait-staff and delicious food we had there.
I believe the management has listened to the feedback and addressed concerns. Do not hesitate to stay here!

Room Tip: The King Deluxe is perfect for one, might be a little tight for 2.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
IDailey, Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your great review of the Grand Summit! We are so pleased to hear that you found yourself very comfortable while you were here and enjoyed the amenities such as the gas fireplace and a comfortable bed to sleep in. Your comfort is so important while traveling and we take great pride in creating a home away from home for our guests.

I am also very pleased to hear about your encounters with our staff at the Farm and the "splendid meals" you enjoyed. The Farm is certainly an outlet we are very proud of.

We greatly value feedback from our guests and will always do our best to ensure the best experience possible while visiting Canyons Resort. Thank you and we look forward to your return visit!
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

we love it there and plan on going back. everything was right out the door from the resort. we rented a car so we got to go around town to see lots of things. the best place and very family friendly ski school for kids. the room is average but we didnt stay in it all day just to sleep and we were up early to start are day every day.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
IDailey, Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank you for your great review! We are so happy to hear that our resort is a “great place to stay with kids” as we strive to create an experience for you that allows us to become your home away from home. We take great pride in our ski school program and we are pleased to know that you found it to be “the best place and very family friendly.” There are so many great things to see and do at Canyons Resort and we look forward to your return visit!

Canyons Resort

Been to Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!