“Great place. Great location!” 5 of 5 stars

Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   4000 The Canyons Resort Dr, Park City, UT 84098   |
Ranked #32 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Peachtree City, Georgia
“Great place. Great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

The hotel is also a fractional timeshare so my week here was an exchange. I was impressed! The 2 bedroom, 3 bath suite was extremely comfortable, updated with great furniture, marble countertops, full kitchen, two gas fireplaces. We had a king bed and two doubles and they were so comfortable! Staff was extremely accommodating and friendly. Beautiful view out to the gondolas and slopes as it snowed for several days and nights. New workout room was great. Swim out heated pool with heated rocks was a plus. My only complaint was a $16 daily parking fee but we did opt for parking in a dirt (not gravel) lot behind the Sundial and walking a couple of minutes. I'll be back during full ski season!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

My husband received a free nights stay here, and we decided to use it on our anniversary. We were a little nervous about staying here after reading about it on their website thinking it was going to be this prestige place to stay, but it really wasn't. When we got to our room we found the room to be rather small. The room consisted of a bed, a fireplace/entertainment center combo, a jetted tub and a shower. The pool and hot tub outside had a lot of people in it, but that didn't matter since we had a jetted tub....WRONG!! the jetted tub didn't work! We called down to the desk and told them the tub didn't work and their response was a simple "what do you want me to do about it?" attitude. Not only did the tub not work, but the shower had a constant drip that you could hear all night and you had to hold the handle on the toilet to get it to flush. The toilet also had a steady run all night that was annoying. We made a joke about how this must be the free room that they stick people in when they receive a free nights stay. It was nice, but a bit disappointing, and $16 for parking, I would have expected a lot better.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
GenManager1, General Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Grand Summit for your very special occasion. I only wish that the tub, shower and toilet in your room had been operating properly, which was obviously very disappointing to you. I would like to invite you back as my guests for another evening, so please contact me personally at your earliest convenience. I can assure you that your next stay with us will not only meet your expectations, but hopefully exceed them.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely
VP of Lodging
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011 via mobile

The rooms are nice. Good location. Poor customer service. Poor concierge service.

• Stayed September 2011
Santa Barbara, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Stayed here for four days with my wife and we really enjoyed everything about the property and have already made plans to return in Winter for some skiing. Upon checking in my first impression was that the lobby was kind of small..I was figuring since the Hotel Name was Grand Summit..it would be a huge lodge type lobby..something like Disney's Grand California hotel; but the lobby area and check in desk were a lot smaller than I had expected. The Hotel itself is done in that high sierra lodge type of architecture with wood beams and stone which I find really appealing. Although the ground floor area was not as large as I had expected the lobby was actually terraced up several flights of stairs with open areas which looked down onto the lobby. Each level has nice tables and chairs and there is large stone fireplace on the 2nd level with the 3rd level having the Red Tail restaurant as well as the entrance/exit to the back of the hotel. When You go out these doors you are at the top of some stairs looking up at the mountain and 1-2 minutes walk from the Gondola and chair lifts. There is also a really cool miniature golf course sandwiched between the two lifts.

Our room was really nice. (with the exception of one really ugly futon that I'm guessing was supposed to double as a couch/ extra bed? The thing was so ugly that we couldn't believe they had it in the room. (I took a picture to show you what I mean). It was useless as a couch because it was so uncomfortable to sit in and it was basically an ugly red mattress type thing stuckon a futon frame. We opted for a Studio room which gave us a full size fridge, dishwasher, sink, oven,stove, and microwave. The cupboards were all stocked with everything you would need from cutlery to glasses, cutting board, dishes, etc. Everything was clean and well maintained though if you are a light sleeper the fridge makes a bit of a racket and it sits feet away from the bed. We had in room Wi-Fi which was nice because other reviewers had mentioned that you could only get it in the lobby area's but my I-pad worked perfect in the room. In hindsight I may try a regular room next time; although having the kitchen is definitely a plus I missed being able to have a balcony to sit on and smoke my cigar while having a scotch.

This hotel grew on us day by day. We loved the location, the variety of shops and Restaurant's around the hotel and we loved the scenery and being so close to the base of the mountain. We hiked the mountain in early morning to get some beautiful sunrise pictures and We took the gondola up to the very top of the mountain one evening and had an incredible dinner at the very top in the mountain lodge. It was a spectacular evening and coming down the mountain in the dark the view from our gondola of the moon rising over Park City was really something special.

Room Tip: Ask for a a room as high as possible for the best mountain views
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you very much for commenting on your "Excellent Choice" in choosing the Grand Summit Hotel for your recent stay at Canyons Resort. I was pleased to hear that your room was "really nice" and that it was "cleaned and well maintained".......and sorry that the futon in the room did not meet your expectations. I will bring this concern to the attention of our Home Owners Association that will need to replace this piece of furniture.
Our staff looks forward to welcoming you back to our resort this winter for ski season. The restaurant where you had "an incredible dinner at the top of the gondola" will still be open and is even more beautiful in the winter when it's covered with snow.....
Thank you again for your wonderful comments.

Sincerely
VP of Lodging Operations
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

The Grand Summit is a bit dated next to its Escala and Waldorf neighbors but the room still delivers a cozy night. The sheets are super soft, the bed plush, and with the hotel less than half full in the summer, it's super quiet. The hotel treated me to a night in a double queen room. You get the unusual- big white towels, flat screen, hairdryer, tiny coffee maker, 32" flatscreen, ipod dock alarm clock, shampoo and conditioner. What is glaringly absent is a refrigerator1 No place to stash the fresh veggies and cheese I purchased at the farmers market; no place to keep kid food or milk. The blackout shades were missing too so the sun woke me from my peaceful slumber a bit too early for my taste.
Make sure you bring a swimsuit. The indoor/outdoor pool is warm with three hottubs. Kids love it. Speaking of which, there's not a lot going on for the little ones so bring your own toys, movies, and snacks. There are no cheap places to dine at Canyons in the summer so either head into Park City or Kimball Junction for your meals.

Room Tip: They charge $8/night for parking but you can drop your gear at the front, then park your car in the...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
GenManager1, General Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Your outstanding comments on the Grand Summit hotel are greatly appreciated. I was truly pleased that you found our property "comfortable, quiet and convenient" and that the bed and linens made for a "cozy night". The blackout shades that you mentioned will be fully installed in all rooms this October, even though we would recommend waking early to take advantage of the hiking, biking, fishing and exploring that Canyons has to offer our summer visitors. Glad to hear that the kids enjoyed our pool and three hot tubs. Thank you again for the wonderful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Summit and Canyons Resort.
Vice President of Lodging
Ringoes, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed here at a conference. My room was LOVELY -- big, well-cared for, etc. I had almost NO internet connectivity in my room, which many thought was due to a construction project, so I have to mark it down for that. Any hotel that markets itself to businesses and makes it impossible to get work done loses points with me. Also, the exercise room was small, and the equipment was limited and in need of wd-40 or something like that. If i were here skiing, it wouldn't have mattered, but again, for a business trip, when there's only an hour early in the AM to move all the parts that are going to be sitting the rest of the day, it should be a little easier and more pleasant. The place was really empty during this week, and in spite of the this review, i'd entertain going back in the winter to ski.

Room Tip: The one-bedroom suite is quite spacious.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
GenManager1, General Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your compliments on the Grand Summit Hotel. I have shared your comments with our staff regarding the LOVELY room that you enjoyed and that you would be coming back during the winter months to ski. The internet connectivity that you had concerns with is being addressed as I write this note and we will soon see multiple improvements that include increased bandwidth, redundant internet connections and a new network infrastructure. The new fitness center equipment has just arrived and will be installed as soon as we complete the new flooring that we are adding as well to improve your daily workouts.
Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Canyons!
Vice President of Lodging
Fremont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I stayed here during a week long business meeting. The meeting facilities were quite nice and the food that was served during the meetings was fine and the staff was attentive. I was a little surprised at how small my personal room was and was surprised at the lack of a desk to work at but the room was comfortable. The food at The Farms was very good but again I was surprised at how they were out of some beverages and some food on the two occasions I went there. If you visit in the summer, take the time to ride the gondola up the mountain. The view is very nice and there is a nice outdoor restaurant to eat lunch at.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
GenManager1, General Manager at Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write us after your recent business meeting. I was very pleased to hear that " the meeting room facilities were nice, food served during the meetings was fine and that the staff was attentive". I was also pleased that the food served in The Farm was "very good" and that our mountain restaurant, Red Pine Grille was enjoyable.
I was disappointed to hear that you felt that the size of your room was small and not furnished with a desk, however pleased that it "was comfortable". Unfortunately, a very small amount of our inventory of single rooms are small, as they are connecting rooms for larger suites. On future visits, please notify us immediately if your room is less than satisfactory. We will do our best to find a room more suitable to your needs.
Thank you again for your positive feedback.
Vice President of Lodging and Propery Management

Been to Canyons Grand Summit Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!