“My Dog And I Loved It!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 59 hotels in Park City
Durango
“My Dog And I Loved It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Park Plaza is a well appointed, uber comfortable, nicely located hotel. Joel and his staff are gracious and accomadating. I stayed four nights with my dog and we both couldn't have been happier. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Get something with a balcony facing the mountain.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
travellingdaily, Director of Sales at Park Plaza Resort, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Paul D.

We love dogs :)

And so very happy when our guests can travel with their furry members of their family.

Thank you and hope to see you again.

The Park Plaza Team.

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Spring Hill, Fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We arrived at the Park Plaza Resort on September 1, 2012. Unknown to us at this time was the fact that there was major construction going on in and around the resort. Rooms were being renovated, the driveway to the underground parking facility was being ripped up, and the noise level was high. The General Manager informed us of this upon check-in. There was no effort to try and place us in a "quieter" room until both my husband and I got more and more adamant. You could not upgrade, as the upgrades were the rooms being renovated, so we opted for the furthest room away, which was really impossible because construction was being done in all four corners of the resort. There was no escaping the work noise. To add to this frustration was their decision to park their shuttle, which was advertised as their personal transportation to their guests to get around town, in the underground parking facility which was under construction. The shuttle van was trapped! RCI was notified on August 31, 2012 about this renovation, when in reality, according to the guests we encountered, had been going on for weeks. The situation became personal because we had personally discussed our stay with the General Manager two weeks prior to the trip. We were told nothing. In short, had we known about this when we booked on January 9, 2012, we would not have gone.

Giving us daily towel exchanges did not make up for not being up front with your guests. Shame on you!!!

Room Tip: Wait till construction is over, whenever that is.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
travellingdaily, Director of Sales at Park Plaza Resort, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.

We are very sorry you did not have a good experience due to the noise caused during our renovation. It is also very unfortunate you were not aware. We have notified all our partner, travel agents about the upgrades to our resort. I do apologize - in January we did not know that we were going to re-do the driveway and the exact dates of the renovation but we should have related that during our call two weeks prior to your arrival.

We have a three year renovation taking place to upgrade all of our suites. The renovation is from September through the first week of November in 2012, 2013, and 2014. The noisy work is done from 8:30am to 5pm each day. The first two weeks will be the loudest when the tile is being removed. Unfortunately you happened to be with us during the time that the tile work was being done.

This year we are upgrading all of our Junior Efficiency Suites, also known as our studios or hotel rooms. Additionally each of these rooms connect to a 1 bedroom or in two cases, a 2 bedroom. In this way if these rooms are reserved together and guests want to have larger accommodations the rooms will have been upgraded the same time. In 2013 we plan to upgrade some of our mini suites and two bedroom units focusing on the ground floor and part of the 2nd floor. In the fall of 2014 we will upgrade the rest of the units.

We are extremely excited about what the rooms will look like after the renovations are complete.

Again we apologize we did not notify you in time. We have re communicated the renovation plans with all our travel partners to ensure they notify all guests of Park Plaza. If you would be interested in additional news about the upgrades and schedules our front desk is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can go over any additional question.

We hope you will come back to Park Plaza. We would love to have you come back and enjoy one of our newly upgraded units.

The Park Plaza Team.
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This trip I was in unit 106 which was on the ground floor, and I enjoyed sitting on my balcony a few times early evening. Park City is beautiful in the summer. This time I had a Mini Suite, and it was perfect, everything in one room, with the full kitchen and bath.

Loved the Manager's Wine and Cheese and made friends who lived in Pocatello Idaho, of all spots!

Damir and Kwadwo were excellent as usual.

Room Tip: Ground Floor Units in front of building are nice, and very convenient. This property is surprisingl...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We're delighted to have you as our return guest. Thank you for your kind reviews and we look forward to seeing you the next time you return.

Kind Regards,

The Park Plaza Team
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great location, Awesome staff, so friendly and personal. Nice layout of the 2 bedroom condo. They gave transportation around town. Planned events. We were there for the wine festival. Lots of funs. Perfect size for our family. Will return again

Room Tip: Pick a corner on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
travellingdaily, Director of Sales at Park Plaza Resort, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! We believe that summers have so much to offer and delighted you had a great time at the festival. We hope to see you again.
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

The Park Plaza is in a great location, with extremely friendly staff. It is walking distance to many restaurants and offers a great value, for some. Here is my issue, and one that really would be an easy fix. Why you would put an indoor pool smack in the middle of this place with no sound walls is beyond anything I will ever understand. Furthermore allowing children to be in it until 9pm and then transitioning to "Adult" swim from 9-11. I use the term Adult extremely loosely, first let me preface that I am hear on business and do have to be asleep at a decent hour, I'm mid 30's, not an old elderly person. However, my 2nd night here it is 10:45pm and nothing but screaming is coming from the pool, I call down and ask wtf is going on, isn't adult time 9-11, well the answer I was given threw me for a loop. "Sir, I just went and checked, all of them are 12 or older", um, ok, so make them leave, its adult time. "Well sir, we consider adults 12 and older". Ok, am I at Disneyland??? Third and final day, I am sitting in my room attempting to do some work. I am in room 318, or the worst possible room in this entire place. It is 3rd floor directly above the pool, and the window is directly above the courtyard. I literally got up to check and make sure that the window was closed 3 times bc it was so loud, a minimum of 15 kids out my front door screaming as if they have no parents what so ever. AGAIN, why on earth you would place this pool here is beyond me!! Or at least close it at 6pm!! Enough was enough, and I finally had to call down to the front desk. I was moved without hassle to room 308 which is a tremendous 1 bedroom suite that is fantastic. You can still hear children screaming from the pool, but its not nearly as bad.

A couple of notes that I had read from management so far that are completely false are as follows.
1. We recently upgraded ALL the Tv's to flat screens-this is False
2. All rooms have AC-this is partially true, however in the middle of the night in the murphy bed rooms, all cold air ceases to exist, forcing you to open the windows, which is fine as long as there are not people outside.

All in all this place is a decent value, just make sure you are no where near the pool or bbq area.

I chose this place, to be honest, bc the of their fitness facility. I am an avid Crossfitter, and seeing the picture of the Concept 2 rower was a great selling point to me. However, the one pictured, and the one that is actually here are 2 different rowers. The one shown is a Concept 2 that comes standard with a PM3 monitor, the one they actually have is old and the PM2 monitor. Not a big deal as it still did the job for great WOD'S. Truthfully, I will probably stay here again for that reason, and the friendly staff, but I will make sure to be no where near the pool.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the pool as humanly possible!! Trust me
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
travellingdaily, Director of Sales at Park Plaza Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for your candor and feedback. I'm also glad that you enjoyed the property and it's location!

We do have a lot of families with young children stay with us due to our larger units (1 and 2 bedroom suites which can fit up to a family of 8). And yes, our pool is famous and parents do tell us that their kids do not want to get out of the pools. During the summer it's especially popular while kids are on summer vacation.

At the same time, we do have guests such as yourself there on business and yes, we do have rooms that are quieter. The next time you return we will work with you to find you a lovely quiet room.

Regarding our equipment - we just got some new equipment in and I'll check to make sure the photos match what is in there.

And the flat screen TVs - we did order new TVs and the studios are about to be completely remodeled with a new TV mount so that is why your room did not have a flatscreen. I apologize and will correct that on our website. This is our error. However by the time you return I know you will be delighted with the upgraded room, and the flatscreen TV.

Thank you again for staying with us. We value your feedback - each guest comment is reviewed by the team to ensure we are serving you to the best of our capability.

We look forward to your return.

Hannah Zulueta and the Park Plaza Team
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We recently stayed in a 2 bedroom suite, with 3 bathrooms. Everything was very comfortable, very nicely furnished and maintained to a T. Our family enjoyed the indoor pool/hot tub, and the nice patio area for a bar-b-que. It is also very conveniently located in the town of Park City. We hope to stay here again soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
travellingdaily, Director of Sales at Park Plaza Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for choosing to vacation with us! And we're very happy to see you had a great time enjoying the amenities with your family. Please come back and stay with us again!

Hannah Zulueta and the Park Plaza Team.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Park Plaza for a weekend getaway. Our experience was wonderful and I can't say enough about the great staff, accommodations, and location! We stayed in a One Bedroom unit and it was very spacious with 2 full bathrooms! We also love that they are now accepting pets! We can't wait to visit Park City again and will for sure stay at the Park Plaza!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director of Sales at Park Plaza Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
We're happy you enjoyed your stay and next time - bring the four pawed members of your family. Hope to see you soon.

The Park Plaza Team!

Been to Park Plaza Resort? Share your experiences!