The Park Plaza is a fairly good value.
The hotel is certainly not a WOW type property, but it gets the job done. I felt it was on par with a Holiday Inn Express.
It does exceptionally well with Trip Advisor ratings because they are reasonably priced and they exceed the customers fairly low expectations. For example; they have a cute little basket with water and cookies in the room, they have free parking, continental breakfast on Mondays, movie night Sunday..... etc. etc.
Trip Advisor ratings rewards these type establishments. I mean, really, what kind of ingrate would give a bad rating to a hotel that has a smooth check-in, friendly staff, and a reasonable price? They make it easy to forgive or overlook the negatives.
Well, I will give you the negatives. But first, I'll say that I would stay there again if the price was right.
Negatives: The hotel is a bit dated (see picture), but not terribly so. Like I said, it is on par with a Holiday Inn Express. If that is your cup of tea, then you will love the Park Plaza! I also had a problem with the shower water temperature. This may have occurred because I was showering at 9:30am, which may be a popular time...??? The water went from a nice warm temperature to FREEZING COLD to hot..... I guess I should not be too surprised for an older property. Being that I only stayed for one night, it may have been an aberration, but be forewarned. The good news is that I took a very short shower, which, no doubt, is great for the environment!
I am sure you will notice a theme from the other reviews. Everyone's expectations are exceeded with the wine and cheese party, the free shuttle, the breakfast, friendly service, etc....
I honestly think these freebees taint the reviews of the property.
It is a solid 2.5 to 3 star property.
If you go there with that expectation, you will be happy. If you expect a Hyatt, Westin, or even a Marriott, you will likely be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family condo boutique resort centrally located in Park City. We are 1 1/2 miles from Main Street and Park City Mountain Resort. 4 miles from Deer Valley and 8 miles from the Canyons. Our mini, one and two bedroom condo suites have kitchens, living areas, fireplaces, and balconies. Our studios have kitchenettes. In season we have a courtesy shuttle that will take our guests to the two ski resorts nearby, Main Street and nearby attractions. 24 Hour Front Desk, Indoor Pool and Jacuzzi, Courtesy Shuttle, Fitness Center, Sauna, Ski Storage Lockers, Shuttle Reservations To And From Salt Lake City Airport, Complimentary Shuttle Within Park City, Underground Parking, Pre-Book Lift Tickets, Coin-Op Laundry, Community Barbeques, Elevator, Guest Services, Meeting Facilities, Daily Maid Service ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Park Plaza Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Plaza Hotel Park City
- Park City Plaza Hotel
- Park City Plaza Resort
- Park Plaza Park City
- Park City Park Plaza
- Park Plaza Resort Park City, Utah