“Older... Not what you expect for a vacation condo” 3 of 5 stars

Park Regency Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1710 Prospector Ave., Park City, UT 84060   |
Ranked #34 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Washington
“Older... Not what you expect for a vacation condo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

We purchased our week through a groupon promotion through trading places. We arrived on Saturday late in the evening for our week stay. The front desk had a sign which stated A/C will be out all week due to construction. The outside temps are in the 90's. All windows need to be open for circulating air. Master window has no screen and there were no safety locks, the noise from other guests children very loud at all hours. We made it the weekend and called first trading places - they offered no alternatives so I called groupon who offered a partial refund so we could go somewhere else. We headed to the Best Western Plus across town for 69 bucks a night ... Much nicer - with a/c. Park regency charges $7 a day after the first cleaning of the week. Bathroom is outdated but kitchen although small is remodeled. Bedroom furnishings are dated as well. Staff was apologetic regarding a/c and understood why we left.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Boise
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Regency and had a nice time. The two bedroom unit was spacious and accomodated our party of six nicely. The beds were comfy and the unit was clean. The staff was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Halifax, Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 8 nights while in Park City in March 2012. We had a one bedroom, which had a full bathroom, a full (but small) kitchen and a little balcony. The unit was billed as being able to accommodate 4 people, but that would have been very, very tight. We were on the 3rd floor at the end. It was quiet, modern, clean, comfortable and conveniently located. There was no laundry in the unit, but they did have it on site for free. Also on site was a pool, hot tub, bbqs and a shuttle service that would take you almost anywhere during the day. There was ample parking spaces and a great mexican restaurant close by (El Chubasco). I would recommend the Park Regency to anyone looking to visit Park City.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Pleasanton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I just stayed two full weeks at the Park Regency Hotel in Park City, UT. I have to say it was a very pleasant stay. The room was clean and had modern kitchen appliances. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They really helped make the whole experience great! This hotel is also centrally located to all the Sundance venues in Park City and falls right on the city and festival bus stops as well. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a convenient and comfortable stay during the Sundance film festival.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My employer booked me here during Sundance and generally I was pleased. The location is near festival headquarters, and within walking distance of several theatres and strip malls for food and other supplies. I had the one-bedroom condo to myself...would have been a tight squeeze with the max. capacity of four as the rooms are small. Much better suited to one or two people. A cute little condo with a fireplace, great view of a ski hill, renovated kitchenette. The decor/furniture were dated but in good enough condition to be comfortable. At $200/night, bedding could be nicer. Room had balcony but I didn't use it (winter). Shuttle was useful (and hotel is also close to Sundance shuttle stops). I never got around to using the pool but it's in a nice greenhouse-type enclosure. Gym is small.

I did have a few issues - wifi was overloaded and could only be accessed by sitting in the lobby (not really resolved), I didn't have hot water in my shower for two days (was resolved), and my heating broke...they responded quickly but the solution was space heaters. The staff was very friendly and helpful when they could be but the lack of wifi (since I was working) was a definite disappointment and they seemed unable to repair it. I filled out the online comment card to notify management.

I'm sure there are nicer accomodations in Park City but the Regency suited my needs and I mostly enjoyed my stay. Had I not been working, the lack of wifi wouldn't have bothered me as much.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor facing the ski hill.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

We stayed in this hotel over a week ski trip. The hotel has a good location and a good swimming pool and a hot tub. However, the rooms are average and small. In addition heating is terrible. We asked to get it repaired several times, but the solution was to setup external electric heaters to each room. Despite all those problems reception was very helpful to try to find solutions. In summary, I would not recommend the place if you can find other options.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Treasure Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

My family did not know what to expect before arriving at the Park Regency. Other reviews were marginal and the AAA 2-diamond rating was worrisome. The exterior entrance and older sign did not relieve our concerns before walking through the doors. That is were my concerns ended. The reception was very professional and personable and the lobby décor very warm and inviting. It got even better when we walked into our 2 bedroom condo that appeared brand new. Granite and stainless kitchen, all new furniture and well appointed bathrooms. The wood burning fireplace was wonderful after a day on the slopes. The indoor pool, hot tub and nice grilling area were also welcome amenities. During our 7 day stay every employee we encountered was so friendly and professional. I have to say their driver (I think his name was John – sorry I forgot) was amazing. He gave us such valuable information and helped us find the perfect restaurant for our Thanksgiving dinner. The complimentary shuttle to the slope and village was very nice but even when we had to drive around the mountain for Alto and the other resorts the roads and trip were easy. We had one unexpected experience with a bathing suit bleaching in the hot tub; when reported we were promised the General Manager would make it right. I shared the $65.00 value of the suit but commented that it was a couple of year old; regardless that afternoon the receptionist recognized me and gave me an envelope with $65.00 in cash – nice touch!

I not only recommend this condo hotel; I can not wait to return. Thanks Park Regency!

Room Tip: I don't think 1st floor has been renovated yet. Call ahead and ask.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Park Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!