“Great Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Los Angeles
“Great Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this Hampton Inn. I loved my room which was a suite with a kitchen and a living room! I did not expect this as it was a business trip and several of us were appointed rooms throughout the hotel. I was the only one in my group with a suite and was surprised to hear that! The kitchen has a full size refrigerator, stove, and plenty of cupboards which include some pots and pans if you decide to cook during your stay. The bed was very comfortable. We used the meeting room downstairs for our meeting and it was perfect. We liked that there was a window we could look out and enjoy the scenery. It was picturesque with the snow and icicles hanging down! I have never been to Park City and was in awe of its beauty! The breakfast room was convenient. The eggs were something I did not enjoy..they were quite rubbery, but the breakfast was included and there were plenty of other options I was satisfied with. I enjoyed the waffles, juices, bagels, etc..so there is plenty to choose from. We loved the convenience of where the hotel was located. We went shopping at the outlet which was right next door and the stores there were wonderful. There is also a Smith's Grocery, Walmart, Ruby Tuesday and plenty of other restaurants just minutes away. I would definitely recommend this Hampton Inn, and I was telling my husband I would like to return with our 3 boys so we can have a family vacation in Park City. The employees were very nice and made sure our stay was pleasant which we truly appreciated as well.

Room Tip: I heard from a friend that the first floor was rather loud...my room was on the third floor and it w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HISParkCityGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Park City, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your stay. I am so glad you enjoyed your suite! The suites really are great for a family vacation. I hope to see you and your boys back here in Park City this season! Let me know if you need any help with reservations.

melissa.smith5@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Excellent hotel! We had a King bed non smoking, The room was clean with nice fresh bedding. (I am fussy about bedding.) The breakfast area with the fireplace was lovely, lots of hot and cold food choices with hot hot coffee. The food was always being replenshed. Much nicer Hampton Inn than the ones in Maine and New Hampshire. We would definitely stay here again. Also the outlets are right next door. We were a 10 min drive to the Canyons and a 45 min drive to Alta.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HISParkCityGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Park City, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share this information. We agree that our location is a great jumping off point for several ski areas. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our Clean and Fresh Hampton bedding, our great breakfast and our cozy lobby. I hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again!
Campbell, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed on the 4th floor. I could hear voices and TV coming from the room next to me but overall great property to stay at. The location was easy to get to from the highway, the price was spot-on compared to other hotels in the area. Comfy beds and great water pressure too. Staff was very welcoming, helpful and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed our location, our “Clean & Fresh” Hampton bedding, and our awesome staff! I am very sorry to hear about the noise issues. If reported to our staff, we will do our best to try to quiet things down for you. I hope to see you again some time here in Park City.

Thank you!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel once a year for over a decade. Its always very good staff and clean. I must say this trip a few weeks ago was our best yet. The staff was incredible from Jolene at the front desk to the ladies who cleaned our room. The same for my family in other rooms. We love it there. Wish they took pets but that is only complaint.

Room Tip: We love location because of the outlet mall and the whole foods and its right by the Canyons for eas...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you SO much for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. We love having you here! Our association with guests like you makes our job a pleasure. Thanks again, and let me know when you are ready to make your reservation for next year!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn over Christmas for a ski trip & had an overall good experience. Jolene at check-in was very helpful and accommodating. She took the time to show us on the map the Bus Lines that we would want to take to get to the sites we wanted to go. The Bus Transportation is a very big deal in Park City because it's free and runs constantly. The bus stop was right out in front of Hampton Inn. It would be nice if the hotel had a free shuttle to the slopes and in town, as most of the hotels do, but they don't.

There is a large Walmart next to the Hampton Inn & if you need to buy ANY ski gear, do it at the Walmart! My friend paid $60 for goggles at the ski resort, I got great ones at Walmart for $24. Also they carry ski clothes! I bought a foam egg crate & plush mattress cover for the sofa bed in our suite, because the first night I could feel the springs in my back...the egg crate and plush cover did the trick!!!

The free breakfast is actually pretty good, aside from the staple waffle, cereal, oatmeal (with toppings), they had hot omelettes and a meat (bacon, sausage, etc). We used the jacuzzi also, but it was a little too hot, so we could only take about 10 min.

So overall, it was a good experience, friendly, accommodating, & clean. I would recommend it to people looking for a budget ski trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
HISParkCityGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Park City, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your detailed review! I very much appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear you received great service. Jolene is most definitely an asset!

Happy New Year & I hope to see you in Park City again this season!

Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

While it is not the most swanky hotel it is clean with a nice staff and a great location (& afternoon cookies!!). The king suite was perfect for our family. The kitchen was nice as was the full size fridge in the room. They had the usual Hampton breakfast offerings which was fine with us and the kids love making waffles. Pool and spa were clean and good sized and never too crowded. The workout room had a nice ellipitcal and treadmill but the weight machine was in disrepair (Would suggest they remove it and add another elliptical and maybe some dumbells or kettle bells). Room choice - Next time I'll request the 4th floor. Our 3rd floor room facing the front of the hotel had no view and we got some noise from the room above us. Our room also had a light on the building just outside our bedroom window so we couldn't get it as dark as we like but after skiing all day it did't bother us for long. Location - Right next to the outlet mall, resturants and walmart. Very close to the Canyons and about 6 miles to Park city mountain. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor facing the front of the hotel has no view! King suite was great for our family.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor. We definitely aren’t shooting for swanky. Glad to hear you found our staff nice and that you enjoyed the location. It sounds like you took the opportunity to enjoy all of our facilities. Thank you for the suggestion for our workout room. I can report that we recently had all new cabling installed on the weight machine and I have personally inspected it and all parts of it are in working order. Hope to see you again soon in Park City!

Ogden, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We love Park City and try to take quick overnight trips every now and then. This was the first time staying at the Hampton Inn in Park City. It's located right off the freeway next to the Tanger Outlet Stores, some restaurants (DO NOT EAT AT THE RUBY TUESDAY NEXT DOOR), and a Walmart.

Convenience wise it's great. The hotel itself is clean and the rooms don't appear to be run down or worn out. The employees were very nice and helpful, and the breakfast was decent.

The only drawback for me was the bed was one of the hardest beds I've ever slept in and was not very comfortable, but my husband loves hard mattresses and said it was the best nights sleep he'd had in a long time. Also we were surprised to find after returning to our room with some leftovers that there was no fridge in the room.

If you're looking for convenience at a good price, this would be the perfect hotel. If you want something close to the ski resorts or downtown Park City this probably would not be the best fit. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking reviewing the Hampton Inn & Suites Park City. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We do pride ourselves and running a very clean hotel! Let me know the next time you pass through, I would love the opportunity to oversee your stay. Maybe we can find a mattress that suites both you and your husband.