“Outstanding Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 59 hotels in Park City
San Diego, California
“Outstanding Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel once a year for over a decade. Its always very good staff and clean. I must say this trip a few weeks ago was our best yet. The staff was incredible from Jolene at the front desk to the ladies who cleaned our room. The same for my family in other rooms. We love it there. Wish they took pets but that is only complaint.

Room Tip: We love location because of the outlet mall and the whole foods and its right by the Canyons for eas...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HISParkCityGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Park City, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you SO much for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. We love having you here! Our association with guests like you makes our job a pleasure. Thanks again, and let me know when you are ready to make your reservation for next year!

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn over Christmas for a ski trip & had an overall good experience. Jolene at check-in was very helpful and accommodating. She took the time to show us on the map the Bus Lines that we would want to take to get to the sites we wanted to go. The Bus Transportation is a very big deal in Park City because it's free and runs constantly. The bus stop was right out in front of Hampton Inn. It would be nice if the hotel had a free shuttle to the slopes and in town, as most of the hotels do, but they don't.

There is a large Walmart next to the Hampton Inn & if you need to buy ANY ski gear, do it at the Walmart! My friend paid $60 for goggles at the ski resort, I got great ones at Walmart for $24. Also they carry ski clothes! I bought a foam egg crate & plush mattress cover for the sofa bed in our suite, because the first night I could feel the springs in my back...the egg crate and plush cover did the trick!!!

The free breakfast is actually pretty good, aside from the staple waffle, cereal, oatmeal (with toppings), they had hot omelettes and a meat (bacon, sausage, etc). We used the jacuzzi also, but it was a little too hot, so we could only take about 10 min.

So overall, it was a good experience, friendly, accommodating, & clean. I would recommend it to people looking for a budget ski trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
HISParkCityGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Park City, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your detailed review! I very much appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear you received great service. Jolene is most definitely an asset!

Happy New Year & I hope to see you in Park City again this season!

Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

While it is not the most swanky hotel it is clean with a nice staff and a great location (& afternoon cookies!!). The king suite was perfect for our family. The kitchen was nice as was the full size fridge in the room. They had the usual Hampton breakfast offerings which was fine with us and the kids love making waffles. Pool and spa were clean and good sized and never too crowded. The workout room had a nice ellipitcal and treadmill but the weight machine was in disrepair (Would suggest they remove it and add another elliptical and maybe some dumbells or kettle bells). Room choice - Next time I'll request the 4th floor. Our 3rd floor room facing the front of the hotel had no view and we got some noise from the room above us. Our room also had a light on the building just outside our bedroom window so we couldn't get it as dark as we like but after skiing all day it did't bother us for long. Location - Right next to the outlet mall, resturants and walmart. Very close to the Canyons and about 6 miles to Park city mountain. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor facing the front of the hotel has no view! King suite was great for our family.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor. We definitely aren’t shooting for swanky. Glad to hear you found our staff nice and that you enjoyed the location. It sounds like you took the opportunity to enjoy all of our facilities. Thank you for the suggestion for our workout room. I can report that we recently had all new cabling installed on the weight machine and I have personally inspected it and all parts of it are in working order. Hope to see you again soon in Park City!

Ogden, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We love Park City and try to take quick overnight trips every now and then. This was the first time staying at the Hampton Inn in Park City. It's located right off the freeway next to the Tanger Outlet Stores, some restaurants (DO NOT EAT AT THE RUBY TUESDAY NEXT DOOR), and a Walmart.

Convenience wise it's great. The hotel itself is clean and the rooms don't appear to be run down or worn out. The employees were very nice and helpful, and the breakfast was decent.

The only drawback for me was the bed was one of the hardest beds I've ever slept in and was not very comfortable, but my husband loves hard mattresses and said it was the best nights sleep he'd had in a long time. Also we were surprised to find after returning to our room with some leftovers that there was no fridge in the room.

If you're looking for convenience at a good price, this would be the perfect hotel. If you want something close to the ski resorts or downtown Park City this probably would not be the best fit. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking reviewing the Hampton Inn & Suites Park City. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We do pride ourselves and running a very clean hotel! Let me know the next time you pass through, I would love the opportunity to oversee your stay. Maybe we can find a mattress that suites both you and your husband.

Venice, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We spent 2 nights in this hotel and had a wonderful time. The hotel itself is very nicely decorated, and the desk clerks are excellent. We always found everything we needs to be done quickly and with a smile. The room was outstanding! Clean, fresh and well-appointed. Most importantly, this room was very quiet. We will definitely stay here again. It is a great palce for the money.

Room Tip: We booked using the 800 number an were able to get exactly what we wanted with out any problems.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HISParkCityGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Park City, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for the great review. I have shared your comments with the staff and you have sincerely made our day! Hope to see you again soon here in Park City, Utah.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

I went with a family of 3 (including me) and we were going to go to the outlet mall and get our Christmas shopping done, and stay for a night. We live about an 1 1/2 hours away.

After shopping for 3+ hours we got super tired and went to check in. The outside of the hotel was amazing!! It looked like a huge cozy ski lodge. Carrying huge bags, the automatic doors opened to show us an amazing hotel! There is a fire place in the lobby and a tall table with cute, rustic looking style chairs. It just looks so cozy, warm and inviting. We checked in, and the girl was very helpful and nice. As we went up to our room, we were very exited.

The room was so clean, and cute! I love the white cushiony blankets they had, instead of those thin knit ones some times hotels have. Nice pillows and a flat screen! Clean bathroom, every thing was flawless. Plenty of storage space/ wall hooks that any ski loving family would love. Any other family as well, we could store our gifts. We headed right to Walmart, for treats. (1 minute away, same as the outlet stores.) :)

After that, we headed to Ruby Tuesdays to eat dinner. We've gone before and absolutely loved it! (They share a parking lot.) We walked back to the hotel and they had freshly hot cookies. Not store bought, they were amazing! :) We headed upstairs back to our room, and watched a cute movie. The room had a heater, we could pick the coziness of our room. :) After that we went in the pool. It was big and perfect. Super warm, and there was a jacuzzi.

The hotel was very quiet at night. I went downstairs to the lobby to get hot coco. The have coffee dispensers of regular, decaf, and hot water. They have tea and hot coco packets. The cups have those nice lids, and there are a lot of creamers (even great in hot coco.) I used hazelnut and it tasted just like the hazelnut hot coco served at the cafe. I thought that was really great. There were people sitting by the fire reading newspapers and talking quietly. It was a quiet, calm getaway hotel.

In the morning, we headed down for breakfast, we didn't even hear any families rushing to get home. At breakfast, there was fresh hash browns, eggs, muffins, pastries, waffle maker things, toast, cereal, sausage and a lot more stuff. It was delicious!

Checklist of every thing a hotel should have:

Pretty big flat screen tv ✔
Nice comfortable beds ✔
Free Internet service *
Free parking ✔
Indoor swimming pool ✔
Quiet hotel ✔

* My only complaint is that the Internet wasn't working that night and morning. It's free, but it didn't work that night. Internet shouldn't be super important like spending time with family it's just, it would be nice to watch Netflix.

* my dad left his glasses in the room. We contacted the hotel, and they had them. They shipped them to us with first class shipping. We got it in 2 days! It was a great act of service even though we weren't there.

The overall was amazing! I would definitely stay again!! I recommend if you want a relaxing cozy stay. Thanks Hampton!

• Stayed November 2012
HISParkCityGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Park City, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am so glad you had such a nice time here! Come see us again soon!

Seattle Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We stay at the Hampton Inns whenever we road trip as much as possible. We like the cleanliness and the fact they don't feel like a Motel 6 next to a truck stop.
This is a exception to the Hampton Rule. We got in late and were tired enough to keep the room and tough it out for the night. The room was not clean as we noticed the hair in the bathroom the next morning and from what our socks looked like after walking on the carpet for only a short time. Needs a new paint job and some caulk in the bathroom would work.

• Stayed September 2012
HISParkCityGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Park City, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us in Park City. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to deep clean all of our rooms as we head in to Fall. This will include cleaning all guest room carpet. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Regards,
melissa.smith5@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Park City? Share your experiences!