“Skip this Hampton!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 59 hotels in Park City
Seattle Washington
“Skip this Hampton!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

We stay at the Hampton Inns whenever we road trip as much as possible. We like the cleanliness and the fact they don't feel like a Motel 6 next to a truck stop.
This is a exception to the Hampton Rule. We got in late and were tired enough to keep the room and tough it out for the night. The room was not clean as we noticed the hair in the bathroom the next morning and from what our socks looked like after walking on the carpet for only a short time. Needs a new paint job and some caulk in the bathroom would work.

• Stayed September 2012
HISParkCityGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Park City, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us in Park City. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to deep clean all of our rooms as we head in to Fall. This will include cleaning all guest room carpet. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Regards,

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

For the most part, a typical Hampton Inn. Difference I noted was that this location was crammed into a small, requiring a small, combined lobby and breakfast area. The entire "business center" and lobby essentially became the breakfast room in the morning, complete with screaming children. I'm assuming that it would be quieter during the week, but certainly not the case on the weekends.

That said, there are not many lodging options in Park City that are reasonably priced, so the Hampton Inn fills that niche.

Room Tip: The entire property is away from Interstate 80, so traffic noise should not be a problem.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HISParkCityGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Park City, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Having the lobby and breakfast area combined is a trend in many hotels and certainly common with Hampton hotels. I do apologize that during busy Summer weekends breakfast time definitely would not be the time to try to do any business at the computer in this area. However, the lobby does generally get very quiet after 10am. Our most frequent customers on weekends are families and groups coming to Park City for a fun get-away.

I am pleased that overall you seemed happy with your stay here. I hope to see you again soon at the Hampton Inn & Suites Park City.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

stopped here on our way upto jckson hole. pretty good hotel, everything we wanted, staff obliging and a decent free breakfast. regular free bus into park city as well which was good. no issues here would use again no problem

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HISParkCityGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Park City, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your review. I hope to see you again soon in Park City!

Bozeman, MT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for a long weekend, while my son trained at UOP. The hotel was pretty decent...clean...very friendly and accomodating staff...an "ok" breakfast (although it is free, which is nice). Crazy busy each morning at breakfast (no place to sit).

Nice place for a long weekend at a decent value. The hotel is not in Park City; 15 minutes from The Canyons; 10 from UOP and right next to the outlet malls, decent chain restaurants and I-80.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am happy to hear you found our hotel to be clean and our staff very friendly. I am so sorry to hear you had trouble finding a place to sit. It definitely has been a crazy busy Summer! We are looking at possible solutions for those busy days, like opening up our meeting room for additional seating.

By way of information, although we are not in the Historic District, we most definitely are in Park City. We are in a newer area called Kimball Junction, or New Park. We are less than a mile to the entrance of the Utah Olympic Park, and then another 2.5 miles to the facility. We are 3.2 miles to Canyons Resort, 6.4 miles to Park City Mountain Resort and 7.8 miles to Deer Valley Resort.

Thank you for your review and I hope to see you here at the Hampton Inn & Suites if your son has another training opportunity at UOP.

Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Over all our one night stay was good. The TV didn't work "No Signal" and no one was able to fix it. Regarding breakfast: The hard boiled eggs looked bad and the waffles came out in pieces because there was no spray for the waffle irons. I asked the lady for spray and she said she had some but. Ever brought it out. I left the waffle stuck in the iron for her to clean out. Still no spray. Upon check out I noticed that there still wasn't any spray so I told the lady at the front desk who said it should be there and went over to check. The carpet in the room was stained.

• Stayed August 2012
HISParkCityGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Park City, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I am pleased that, even with the problems you encountered, you felt your overall stay was good. I am so sorry to hear we were not able to resolve the issue with your TV. This is a very unusual complaint for our hotel and I definitely would be interested in speaking with you to get more information to help prevent future issues.

I do want to address the issue with the spray for the waffle maker. We actually use a “conditioning” spray, not a non-stick spray for our waffle makers. The conditioning spray is not supposed to be left out and used for every single waffle. It is only supposed to be used first thing in the morning or occasionally throughout breakfast service. I am so sorry that this was not explained to you while you were here. I can completely understand how frustrating it must have been for you, as our waffles are very delicious. Again, feel free to contact me directly so that we might be able to discuss a better resolution.

Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your review. I look forward to speaking with you.

Akron,Oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The trip we took in June with friends was our first experience with the Hampton group, and I can't say anything negative about any of the ones where we stayed, and this was no exception. The room was spacious and clean, king beds are all awesome and the continental breakfasts, while basically the same are very good. We've found another gem.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
HISParkCityGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Park City, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for the great review. I am so happy we can be your “home away from home”! I hope to see you again soon in Park City, Utah. Happy travels!

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Overall a nice stay. The rooms were spacious, bed was comfortable. It definitely could use some updating overall, it definitely had that early 90's vibe to it. Great area, close to the town center and outlet center. Nice staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Park City, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for the compliments to our staff and location! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry you did not like the style of our decor. Oddly enough, our hotel was just updated in 2009-2010. We completely remodeled our bathrooms, replaced all furniture and carpet. We also added flat screen TVs. We did choose to go with a slightly retro style of furnishings, and I can understand that this may not appeal to your personal taste.

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Regards,
melissa.smith5@hilton.com

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Park City? Share your experiences!