“Spend some time here” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 77 things to do in Park City
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Park City's history at the Park City Museum on Historic Main Street. Prospectors discovered silver in 1868 in the area that soon after became Park City. Mine owners made fortunes, while thousands of miners simply made a living. After silver prices declined, Park City reinvented itself as a ski resort town. Interactive displays tell the Park City story in an engaging manner. Fun for the whole family! Open 7 days a week (Mon-Sat 10-7, Sun 12-6).
Auckland, New Zealand
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Spend some time here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

It was lovely to get to know the history of Park City, UT. A place my partner and I enjoy so much.
We were lucky enough to go on a day with free museum entry and really enjoyed ourselves. The people working at the desk were also very friendly and knowledgeable.
Thanks very much!

Visited December 2012

Chantilly, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Park City Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

A wonderful little museum! You'll learn all about the history of Park City through videos and interactive displays. Bring the family!

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Great museum on three floors. Staff was very knowledgeable and it was great to find out about how Park City grew from a mining town to a resort. Well worth a visit.

Visited November 2012
PA
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“great to learn about Park City's past”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

On December 29, 2011 my 3-year old granddaughter and I visited the Park City Museum. I learned a lot about Park City's past. My granddaughter enjoyed the exhibits and many hands-on-activities. After 1 hour, my granddaughter had to use the bathroom which is outdoor. I was disappointed that she (had an earache) said "I actually don't want to go back in to see the rest of the exhibits". I plan to take her to the Park City Museum again this Christmas season as I am certain we both will enjoy it again and see what we missed.

Visited December 2011
Park City, Utah
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Fun Museum with great displays and some interactive exhibits.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Park City Museum has some excellent exhibits with a scale model working mine that is awesome! Our Grandkids enjoyed seeing that actual territorial jail and spending a few minutes behind bars. They also enjoyed drilling for silver and setting off a dynamite charge in the interactive exhibits. The "Ski Subway" was very interesting. The media display associated with each exhibit was excellent. We even met a Museum volunteer who worked in the mines in his youth. He was a long time Park City resident, WWII vet, and miner. What a treat! We will go again!

Visited November 2012