We just returned from a family ski trip (3 kids / 2 adults). We stayed at the Silver Baron for 6 nights in a three bedroom condo. I would highly recommend this lodge. The accommodations were excellent, very spacious and our condo (6324) was very well appointed. The staff was excellent and embodies their General Manager, Mary Ann Empee who is an absolute professional, a delightful woman who attempts to do everything she can to make your stay special.
Our condo had three bedrooms, four bathrooms and two sitting areas. It has a full kitchen, fireplace and hot tub on the balcony. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The bathrooms are quite nice with a jacuzzi tub in the master bedroom. The condo also had two balconies.
The lodge is very nice and the staff provides assistance with everything. They are extremely helpful at Silver Baron and will go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. The lodge has a number of sitting areas although we did not really use them. They also have a heated pool in the back, which my kids did enjoy. Breakfast is provided every morning, which is excellent. There is a wide selection of cereal, waffles (made to order by you), a hot dish (such as scrambled eggs), bagels, oatmeal, etc. It was very convenient grabbing breakfast every morning prior to going skiing. They also provide Yoga, which we did not do but is definitely nice after skiing. The lodge does not have a bar or common hang out area. Although as previously stated there are a number of sitting areas there is not much hanging out outside of the rooms. There is also no restaurant although there are a number of deliver services.
The location is excellent. You are approximately 1 - 2 minutes away from Snow Park Lodge/Lift and approximately 2 minutes away from main street in Park City. The lodge also provides a great transportation service, taking you every where you want to go in a Cadillac SUV in addition to a shuttle that takes you to and from the ski mountain. We did not need to rent a car at all and went out five of the six nights we were there.
The Silver Baron shares some services that are found at the Lodges, which is located next store (approximately 2 minute walk away). These include registration, kids after ski activities, a general store, ski rental location and a place to purchase ski tickets or make ski school reservations. Access to these services are very convenient.
We participated one evening in the Game Night for the kids and although we had fun it was limited in activities for the kids ( a few games with missing pieces and a WII).
I would also point out that i believe the Silver Baron has a greater appreciation and approach to customer services then does the Lodges.
We would definitely return. I would like to share one story of the type of service that was provided by one of the employees of the SIlver Baron. We unfortunately ordered food (pick up) in a location that was 20 minutes away although did not know that at the time we ordered. The Lodge is unable to provide transportation service that far away and Sean a bell man volunteered to take us in his own car to pick up the food and return us to the lodge. A 40 minute round trip instead of going home for the night as he was about to do. People like Sean make the Silver Baron a better place.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Baron Hotel Park City
- Silver Baron Hotel
- Silver Baron Lodge Park City, Utah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rustic meets refined elegance at the Silver Baron Lodge where unparalleled accommodations and service come together in one of the most beautiful settings. Timber frame architecture, stone fireplaces and iron finishes capture the mining heritage of Park City. Conveniently located near the base of Deer Valley Resort, this lodge offers guests a variety of year-round activities. The complimentary in-town transportation service, provided by Cadillac, offers direct access to the resort and allows you to experience the shopping dining and nightlife on Park City’s Historic Main Street, just minutes away. These mountain inspired residences feature full kitchens, fireplaces, private hot tubs and spacious living and dining areas. Relax and enjoy amenities such as a complimentary hot breakfast buffet during the ski season, a family-friendly heated outdoor pool with water slide, complimentary wireless Internet, on-site concierge and bell service and regularly scheduled yoga classes. The staff at Silver Baron Lodge delivers the exceptional guest service for which Deer Valley Resort is famous. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Silver Baron Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.