“Delicious dinner at Deer Valley” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fireside Dining at Empire Canyon Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 201 restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Empire Canyon Lodge
Description: Fireside Dining Opening Saturday, December 14, 2013 for the 2013-2014 ski season. Fireside Dining offers a sleigh ride around the Empire Canyon Lodge (12 minutes approximately). The cost is per sleigh, which is $30. Please indicate in the "Special Requests" section of your open table reservation that you would like a sleigh ride or you may call 435-645-6632. Offering local favorites from the European Alps in the heart of Deer Valley, Fireside Dining at Empire Canyon Lodge features four courses served from our five stone fireplaces. Offered Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings during ski season, from 5:45 pm 9 pm Reservations are suggested. Free parking available. Adults $58, Children $28 (11 years and younger), prices do not include beverages, tax or gratuity. Phone reservations will be accepted beginning on Monday, November 4, 2013, between 9 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday.
Columbus, OH
“Delicious dinner at Deer Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Fireside dining last night, and it was a very nice experience. Reservations were made no problem, and they were even able to seat us a little early. Nice table by the windows, we could see the sleigh rides pass by. As previous reviews have stated, it is basically a 4 station buffet, with different dishes by each of the fireplaces. The raclette cheese is delicious, along with the bread, cold cuts, mustard, and pickled onions that go with it. The veal stew is excellent. The venison medallions were PERFECT, not overcooked and very tender. The lamb was ok, the au jus that went with it helped out the taste a lot. The desserts were delicious, I highly recommend the little maple cookies in the shape of stars. Feather-light and so delicate! Wine list was not very impressive, fairly limited, especially the wines by the glass. Service was very attentive. There were some groups of children, but no major problems. The price was a little high for the food quality. Overall, I recommend going there once for the experience and great food, but it's not necessarily a place I need to go again.

Visited March 2013

85% Recommend
“More hype than good food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I read the reviews and was a bit surprised at the overal dining experience. The atmosphere is nice and the concept of meals prepared by the open fireplace is unique. Beyond that it is a very expensive buffet. Food was slighly above average. A good place I'd you have a large group, but if you want a great meal then there are many nice places in Dowtown PC for less money in my opinion.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Park City
“If you like strong flavors, you will love this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I ate here with my husband, sister and brother-in-law. We all really enjoyed the meal. It was pricey - wine prices are pretty high - but it was definitely worth it. Next time, I'll be sure to wear something that expands around the waste (a dress, or an elastic waistband under a sweater). Other people have described how it works and what kinds of food are available, so I'll make some other notes.

I'm kind of surprised people bring their kids here. Don't get me wrong, I understand why it would seem like a good idea: a sleigh ride and food cooked over fires. Sounds fun! But if you don't like lamb, or good cheese, or hearty stews and vegetable dishes where they let the veggie shine, then you won't like this. I don't know a single kid under the age of 15 who would like anything other than the dessert fireplace. In fairness, though, the dessert fondue might possibly be worth the price of admission. Possibly. Admission is pretty expensive.

If you DO like roasted butternut squash soup (for instance) that isn't overloaded with cream - a soup where the squash is the star - I think you'll like the food here. They had a carrot and potato mash that was spectacular. The lamb was perfectly cooked, and the veal and mushroom stew was to-die-for. For those who have moral problems with veal, their veal is free-range. This means no broken legs or containment. All four of us went back for seconds on the potato-encrusted Utah trout. Normally, I like trout. I LOVED this trout. The ingredients are local and organic for most things on the menu.

On tripadvisor, I like to check the reviews that give a poor rating. If most of the people giving a poor rating are unreasonable, then you can tell that the place is pretty good. Seriously, read the Terrible and Poor reviews for this place. I don't think they are unreasonable, but most of them have kids. One person thinks the cheese smells terrible (and there is only one kind!). Yes. It's a raclette. Another says it's an overpriced buffet with only salami at the cheese station. That's a straight up lie. I'm not sure why someone would lie about it, but I think that person had kids. I can understand: if you were there with someone who prefers chicken fingers, then you might not enjoy the experience as much. Maybe you didn't notice the pancetta, prosciutto, several kinds of bread, house-made pickles, pearl onions, housemade mustards and preserves and peppers, etc. Anyway, if you like food with bold flavors, you have some money to spend, and you want to do it in a relatively unique environment? Definitely check this place out.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tupelo, Mississippi
“Great Dining Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I LOVED the cheese dripped plates! The offerings brought out the carnivore in me and I had to try it all! Loved the lamb and trout the best while my husband preferred the beef cheeks. Watch where you are seated - i got a little too toasty next to the fireplace!

Visited March 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good food, good service, but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our group of 10 skiiers dined here and enjoyed ourselves. Not surprisingly, our dinners, with drinks, tax and tip were quite pricey. Dinner is sort of buffet style, but is kept fresh. Unfortunately, I and most of the women in the group did not "get our money's worth". It is certainly a place where you pay for the experience. The food was unique and tasty, but I think it could be found for less elsewhere in PC.

Service was attentive, and apologetic when another much larger group arrived and was a bit distruptive in the dining room.

• Visited March 2013