“Walking distance to Everything!” 4 of 5 stars

Panguitch Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   50 North Main Street, Panguitch, UT 84759   |
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Panguitch
Outdoor1234
“Walking distance to Everything!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

Now don't get me wrong, this is a small town but it's really nice to be able to relax as much as possible and at the Panguitch Inn you can do that easily. There's a great BBQ just across the street along with gift shops. All the town events also pass right in front of this Inn. There's a front lobby too which makes it easy to meet the other guests in the inn and have good conversation with the inn keeper, nice guy.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed our stay. It fit our budget and was in middle of town and was less than 2 hour drive to several National Parks we wanted to see. Utah is Beautiful Place to visit and We would stay at this Inn again.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

We visited Bryce Canyon. Our stay at Panguitch Inn was great compared to what we had a night before in Arizona.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Nijmegen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

Rooms where good value for price.
Motel had a parking garage.
Internet free.
View across the street very nice old building, felt like we were in an old cowboy movie.

Aardige receptionist, behulpzaam en vol met adviezen.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
essex
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2008

I booked through ALLstays website for two nights as Bryce was very busy. On arrival I found the corridor to the room to be dirty, full of insects and debris. The room was disgustingly FILTHY and stained. I was told that a new mattress had been provided-I wonder why? What a strange thing to tell someone. The sink was dirty and the bath was stained and hadn't been deep cleaned probably in months.There was dirt and insects on the window ledge.
It also has AAA ** stickers on the window and when I asked when it was last inspected I was told August 2008. I am taking this further with the AAA.
The owner refused to cancel the booking and took us for $84.90.
I went straight to the City Manager of Panguitch and filed a written complaint. it wasn't the first!

Stayed September 2008
Las Vegas Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

I had a gift certificate for 2 nights, 2 beds. I made the reservation in advance as required. I arrived there and was told they only had one night. My husband and I were in town for a century ride and only needed the shower after the ride we had no plans on staying an addtl night. Armed with that information they instantly had availability. The hotel is pitch black in the parking garage and right behind a junk yard. We were given a key to a room upstairs. My husband begins to take our bikes up first but comes down stating there in only one bed in there and the room is tiny. Nice try!!! So then we are given the key to room 1. We opened the door to a full force smell of Raid roach spray. We were overwhelmed. The room was OLD and GRUNGY. I knew all other hotels were booked up due to this event so we had to suffer that night. Never Ever again. If I had come alone I wouldn't have stayed there. The young lady at the front desk was really sweet. The owners should be arrested for running a dump like that.

• Liked — Nothing it's disgusting
  • Disliked — Everything. I slept in my clothes
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
West Sussex, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

Arrived late afternoon after pre-booking, and after a very long day's travel, parked up and unloaded car of wife and all our transatlantic luggage etc and entered Reception. Pre-printed notice advises that nobody is available but go to Marianna Hotel for keys etc - (No sensible map or any indication of distance to Marianna Hotel !) Leave wife and luggage, drive to try to find Marianna Hotel.

Eventually locate it on northern outskirts of town and enter Reception. Told that there was now a Room here instead. So I'd have to go and collect the wife and luggage anyway, and then unload it all over again ! And then in the evening be miles away from anything when we wanted to go out for a meal ! Finally given key to Ground Floor Room at original hotel. I even had to ask the Owner for the apology for the obvious inconvenience. I am still annoyed about it 30 days later !

The best thing about the room was that the mirror worked. The worst thing was that there was no staff anywhere, the Reception and corridor were wide open to the street all night, and spare keys to all the rooms were instantly available to view, and to anybody's hand, just behind the reception desk ! Another luckless guest indicated that the same thing had happened to them ! The worst treatment ever in 20 pleasant years of USA travel.

Never again. No, really, NEVER.

• Liked — The Mirror worked
  • Disliked — Everything except the Mirror
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Panguitch Inn? Share your experiences!