When I planned our trip to Bryce a few months ago, I found many choices near the park entrance, including Ruby's. The prices were high ($150+). The reviews were mixed, many of them bad. The sales reps were high pressure. Scouting the internet I found Harold's Place Inn and called Kristie (Spelling?). She was friendly and helpful. You could tell that it was a family-run establishment, and they had pride in their place. The reviews were all good except for one lady who complained about a hair in her bed. (I found that there was much more to this story than the lady admitted.) The pictures looked good. (Of course, when choosing a cabin in the wilds of Utah, one shouldn't expect a room like the Ritz Carleton on the Pacific beach). For $75 it seemed a good choice. (Harold’s also has a regular motel if that is more to one’s liking.)
As one reviewer has already pointed out, it is about 15 miles from the park entrance, but the ride is beautiful and restful. We found the cabin to be very clean and larger than most motel rooms. The high ceiling makes the room look larger. All the equipment in the room worked well. The only negative might be the size of the shower, but as I wrote earlier we were not expecting the Ritz. Because the cabins are separate we did not have to worry about the volume of the TV, nor hear the next door neighbors. The little porch on the front was a nice place to relax and came equipped with a “butt can” for those who like to have a smoke (all rooms are non-smoking), which was a nice touch not found at many places.
A pleasant surprise was the restaurant. I believe that Harold was a chef in Las Vegas, and it showed. The menu was limited but all items (almond encrusted trout, Cajun pork chops, coconut shrimp, clam strips, etc) were excellent. The breakfasts were fresh and tasty. The prices were very reasonable. Kristie mentioned that when her Dad retires in the near future, she will close the dining room and make it a store. She will have free continental breakfasts, and have steak and trimmings available for people who want to cook them on the patio near the cabins. There are a number of restaurants available between Harold’s and the park, so that should not be a problem.
We stopped at Ruby’s a couple of times to shop and it made us very happy about our choice. With so many rooms in a small area, the place was crowded and hectic. People had to stand in line to eat. It certainly would not have been as peaceful and relaxing as Harold’s. Though Highway 12 runs in front of the cabins, they are set back far enough so there is no road noise.
You can’t do better on your trip to Bryce than to stay there. We found Kristie, who manages the restaurant and cabins, to be a bit of a “brat”, but I mean that in a good way. She was very helpful and a pleasure to meet. She knew the area and was a good choice for travel information
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Harolds Place, We are looking forward to serving you with Great Food and cozy cabins to enhance your stay in this great vacation spot. We have a great addition to our facility to provide more choice to our customers. We have purchased and remodeled a Motel next to our property and you will love to see what we have done with it, it is called Harolds Place Inn and it has thirty two rooms that we are sure will please all of our guest. Harolds Place is a family oriented business out to please the traveler. Enjoy our clean and friendly restaurant, with its rustic look, we can accommodate large and small parties. We have 20 log cabin rooms to accommodate you. From Bunks to kings our plush clean modern rooms are complete with air conditioners, and overhead fans. Along with orthopedic beds you will enjoy in-room coffee and cable TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Harold's Place Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harold`s Place Hotel Panguitch
- Harolds Place Hotel
- Harolds Place Motel
- Harold's Place Inn Panguitch, Utah