“Another nice meal on the road - this time at the bar” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #105 of 193 Restaurants in Orem
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Montgomery, Texas
“Another nice meal on the road - this time at the bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

After a full day on the road from Yellowstone N.P. to Orem, UT, my wife and I were ready for a full meal. We found an Outback only about 1 mile from our hotel. Being about 7:15 on a Friday night, they were slammed. Rather than wait 20-30 minutes for a table, we opted to eat at the bar. We had our "usual" order here: Victoria's filet (6-oz., medium rare tending toward rare) with the chopped pecan, bleu cheese chopped salad and baked sweet potato. It was good as usual, although the filet was not seasoned quite as good as usual. We did have to request the (delicious) bread twice. We then shared 3 glasses of cab. It was a very good meal on a busy night.

• Visited August 2013

Payson
“Date night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband got a gift card for here for Father's day so one night we gave Grandma her Grandson's and went out on a date. We hadn't been here in years so we were hoping for the best. Since it was just the two of us, I decided I would order a drink. ;-D I looked thru the drink menu and couldn't find anything that sounded yummy. When the waitress came over to ask for our drink choices, she seen me looking at the menu and she asked if she could suggest something. It wasn't in the menu so she described it and it sounded perfect. She let us know that the best bartenders were working that night so I said "I'll take one!" OMG, it was the best drink I've ever had! It was a key-lime coconut-rita. YUM
Then we ordered our dinner. I ordered the half-rack, which my husband changed to a full and he ordered a steak. When the food arrived, it just doesn't seem like its enuf to fill you up for the price your paying. My ribs were yummy and I only ate half. My husband said his steak was gross and so he ate the other half of mine. Good thing he changed mine.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alpine, Utah, United States
“Outback Steakhouse Orem Disappoints”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Just returned from a visit to the Outback in Orem, Utah, to celebrate my son's birthday. Outback has always been a favorite in our family, and we would go there for a special occasion. Even if it wasn't some celebration, just a meal there was a special occasion! We loved it.

But things change. Our party consisted of myself, my son, and his wife. A small party to handle. Saturday evening, but we arrived relatively early, about 4:30 pm. Only had to wait maybe 10 minutes for a table, which was a good sign. Ordered an appetizer (the deadly cheese fries!) and water. Appetizer arrived promptly and was hot. Server took our orders, giving us a comfortable time to relax and examine the menu. We had to ask for flatware and napkins after the appetizer arrived, but that is a minor thing. The entrees came after a reasonable time. The food was very good, but seemed sparser than previous visits (again, things change, and I have noticed that all the big chains seem to have cut back on the portions while increasing the prices). Then we requested another loaf of bread, which came just before we finished the meal, and was kind of plopped on the cutting board (no more butter for us). My main complaint, though, is the lack of water. From the time we got REALLY thirsty --to the point that we could not eat-- to the time a water refill arrived was 17 minutes. Yes, we did time it. No, we couldn't get a server's attention.

The server brought us new water glasses, saying something about "we can't find the water refill thing anywhere!" Shouldn't they have more than one pitcher to refill water glasses? We were overjoyed to get water, drank it down, and set in again on our steaks... which were now cold.

Then the check arrived. Suddenly. No "would you care for dessert?" Which we did care for, this being a birthday. But we didn't point that out, agreeing that, based on the experience so far, it might be a long time coming.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orem, Utah
“I Enjoy the Food but Terrible Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I travel a lot for work and I always try to find one of these as I know I can count on getting good food and usually the service is good. Even though I live here in Orem I refuse to go back to this one. The last time I was here I sat at the bar since I was by myself. There were two female bartenders working behind the bar. I sat there for at least 15 minutes without be recognized. The one bartender was bs'ing with another lady who was sitting at the opposite side of the bar. Even the lady sitting next to me commented on the fact that I was being ignored and kidded me by asking what I had done to upset the bartenders. I was thirsty and hungry so I stuck it out but they'll never see me again. It seemed like the bartenders and most of the customers sitting at the bar were very "clicky" and obviously I was not part of that click.

• Visited September 2012
Provo, Utah
“Terrible service, terrible food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I went on a busy night with a group of 20 people, yes it was a busy night so we had to wait an hour to be seated. We only had one server helping us and she had a snappy attitude. Took 40 minutes to get our drinks and appetizers and we only got them because we asked a manager for them. Once we got out orders in, we had to wait an additional 40 minutes for our food, almost everyone that got a steak was not pleased. They were not cooked to order and were flavorless, the lettuce on one of the salads was frozen, and when the server was told she made a face as if we were making it up. The server only checked on us when she was bringing the food, and bringing the checks. When bringing us our checks she didn't bother to ask how everything tasted and was just calling names to give us our card backs. When I got my card back it was all bent, when I asked er about it she said she got it like that and there was no way it could get bent by swiping it straight down. Not once did the manager come back to our table to check on us. Overall the service was slow and bad. The server did not have a positive attitude and wasn't apologetic in any way. I felt like we were valued at all. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE!!!!

• Visited March 2013