“Great taste, friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 193 restaurants in Orem
Cuisines: Mexican
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great taste, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Full disclosure: we had a gift card.

The avocado and steak tacos had great flavor, as did the warm plantain pieces. It really made us happy to see all of the organic, local, and grass fed ingredients on the menu. The service was friendly.

I hesitate to say that the food is over priced. The presentation is beautiful, and the ingredients fresh. This is not a taco stand. It would be helpful to put prices on the menu, customers feel uncomfortable looking at a menu and having to ask the staff how much the food is.

56% Recommend
“Too expensive !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

My son suggested taking our family for my Bday. No prices on menus at all was kind off weird. Specially when you have three hungry teenagers. Food was ok. We eat clean at home so nothing was out of the ordinary to us except for the bill. $149 for a family of five was way too much. Felt deceived from the moment we order the waitress made it feel it was a food bar where all food we order was included in one prize. I feel she was trained to do that :( This kind off place is for those who want to spend a little more . If I would seen in advance the price if food I would off leave and go someplace where less expensive. The bill is given to us in an iPad . Just the total. I requested to see item per item and it was shown to me from the waitress still holding the iPad. She was quick in asking for payment . Then the screen showed options for tips 18% are you kidding me. Or 15%. It took 45 minutes for food to be served. Not going back again!!! Could gone to Tucanos and be served properly in a much better location.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Provo, Utah
“Wow in Orem, Utah.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Tortilla Bar is amazing. The menu changes every 3 days. The food is 100% organic. We ordered every item on the menu. The queso fundido was my favorite along with the avocado tacos. Appetizers were great also, melon, cherries and greek yogurt. Also the frozen berries for dessert and chocolate ganache was awesome. This is not your average taco shop and there is nothing like The Tortilla Bar anywhere in Utah... Unbelievable!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orem
“Good Idea, Poor Execution”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Let me start off by saying that my wife is a professional, classically trained chef. So we eat out at just about every new restaurant in Utah Valley and Salt Lake. We were intrigued by the Tortilla Bar as we watched it being built for several months. The Tortilla Bar is a very small restaurant with the kitchen and the dining area occupying the same space. We went there late one night and ordered the pork tacos. The pork was seasoned very well. However, large portions of the meat consisted solely of fat. In addition, the tacos came in a single corn tortilla each and quickly broke after the first bite. The presentation was excellent. But for the high price we paid for 2 tacos each, we expected the quality of food to be better than we could get for a much lower price from the small taco shops in the area.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
California
“Delicious Organic & Local Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had lunch at the Tortilla Bar with some friends and the food was fantastic! Our server was Mosi, and he was great with suggestions.

We ordered:
platano macho - coconut pan seared plantain, queso fesco, crema $6.50
hanger tacos - grass-fed hanger steak, apples, florentina $8.85
avocado tacos - Arizona's avocado, Utah's goat cheese, beets $8.50 My favorite!
empanada - chicken, lime & cabbage $8.00

And for dessert, Mosi got us banan slices, fresh cream, topped with caramel popcorn & lime zest! The combination of flavors was delicious!

Mosi's brother Sam, is the owner of Tortilla Bar. And their father helps them cook in the restaurant.

The place is small, seating for 16 inside, and some tables outside.
I will definitely come back the next time I'm in Utah!

• Visited June 2013