“Excellent Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Excellent Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Took my son to this place from breakfast. Even though it was only a few blocks from his work he didn't know of it. It is a small restaurant and easy to overlook. I had a Denver omelet and my son had the biscuits and gravy with a couple eggs. Both were tasty. The omelet was large with a generous helping of hash-browns. My son wished the biscuit was larger for all the gravy. Not much seating so it does get crowded and with Joe doing all the cooking it can take a bit for the food to show up. Worth the wait though. Obviously a family affair and Joe knew a lot of his customers by name. A large group would have trouble fitting in.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lexington, Kentucky
“#3 in Orem for a reason”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Best breakfast I have had. Joe is there and cooking. Ordered a three egg vegetarian omelet, fresh vegetables. Next time I will split with a friend. I like how Joe does not use salt and pepper, let's the customer decide what it needs. I am from the South and noticed Joe has grits. I ordered and before doctoring, tasted it. Glad I did. He had them already set up. Joe uses thick bacon which in itself a meal. My son had the pancake, egg, and bacon meal.

New York City, New York
“Love it! Try the grits.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I woke up one morning in the mood for a good diner breakfast. We found this place online, and are glad we went.

I had eggs, bacon, hash browns and sausage. It was well cooked and seasoned, with the right amount of greasiness. My husband got the biscuits and gravy and loved it. We tried the grits, and they are spectacular! I make hot cereal a lot at home, but I have been craving Joe's ever since I went. It's perfectly sweet and savory...mmmmmmm.

The cook has mastered his recipes. I cannot wait to go back :)

Visited December 2013
McAllen, Texas
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The bacon is locally sourced I think and is spectacular!!!! The grits are sweet,and very good but I am a salt grit southerner. The quality of the cooking and attention to watching the food to be sure it was cooked perfectly madeall the difference. We are from New orleans and know good food this place is terriffic. DO NOT MISS BEAKFAST HERE, its high quality food. The owner is a "charcter" and gives a great show. You will not be dissapointed.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Helper, Utah
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I would have never thought to stop in to eat here,but I'm glad we did. The food was good. We had lunch, but the breakfast looked even better. Nice little place.

• Visited August 2013