“Love it! Try the grits.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
New York City, New York
“Love it! Try the grits.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I woke up one morning in the mood for a good diner breakfast. We found this place online, and are glad we went.

I had eggs, bacon, hash browns and sausage. It was well cooked and seasoned, with the right amount of greasiness. My husband got the biscuits and gravy and loved it. We tried the grits, and they are spectacular! I make hot cereal a lot at home, but I have been craving Joe's ever since I went. It's perfectly sweet and savory...mmmmmmm.

The cook has mastered his recipes. I cannot wait to go back :)

Visited December 2013

McAllen, Texas
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The bacon is locally sourced I think and is spectacular!!!! The grits are sweet,and very good but I am a salt grit southerner. The quality of the cooking and attention to watching the food to be sure it was cooked perfectly madeall the difference. We are from New orleans and know good food this place is terriffic. DO NOT MISS BEAKFAST HERE, its high quality food. The owner is a "charcter" and gives a great show. You will not be dissapointed.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Helper, Utah
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I would have never thought to stop in to eat here,but I'm glad we did. The food was good. We had lunch, but the breakfast looked even better. Nice little place.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Springville, Utah
“Best Grits Ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My daughter knows I live grits and brought me to Joes Cafe knowing they would be the best I've ever eaten~ SHE WAS RIGHT! The biscuits and gravey were really good and so flavorful. But I think my favorite thing were the pancakes! Cooked perfectly and buttered before they were delivered to the table! No need for syrup~ trust me.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

You might be tempted to drive past Joe's Cafe because it is tucked away in this unassuming shopping strip. DON'T! You must stop in and meet Joe and have his home cooking. Everyone in our party of three were supremely satisfied with our orders. And his Grits? Yum!

• Visited June 2013