“Great stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Grande Cache, Canada
“Great stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

We arrived late into Provo and had booked this hotel on line before our road trip with intentions of staying after a 12 hour drive from Canada. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very nice front desk clerk, he was extremely accommodating and even upgraded us because we were Priority Club members, that was a first for us. Our room decor was new and modern, the King Suite included a kitchenette and sitting area, very nice. The bed was comfy and having the choice of soft or firm pillows is a bonus! Had a great stay over and enjoyed the continental breakfast in the morning. Plenty of selections from eggs to biscuits and gravy, that was a new one. Check out was fast and easy, would definitely stay again on our way through Utah.

Room Tip: Priority Club membership
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Littleton, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

First the positives: new hotel, nicely appointed, comfy bed. Unfortunately, the rest of my stay was one disappointment after another. I booked through Hotels.com. BEWARE the third party booking at this place. I know room preferences are not guaranteed, but I was given a smoking room in spite of my request for nonsmoking and my early check-in. I was surprised that a hotel this new would even have smoking rooms! The only way to get nonsmoking was to pay $75 to upgrade to a suite (which I did because the smell in the smoking room was overwhelming). About 10:00 PM a dog started barking in the next room. I let it go for a while, then called the front desk. It continued for another 45 minutes, so I called the front desk a second time and they said they would go check on it. Other issues were minor (but everything was annoying at that point!): area is under construction, no convenient restaurants, no towels in the fitness room or pool, nothing to wipe down the machines in the fitness room. If I am paying $200 for a hotel room, I expect a LOT more. I will definitely avoid this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Book through Holiday Inn site only, avoid 4th floor (smoking)
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Chandler, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stay at many many hotels in my travels and this is now in the top five of places I will avoid in the future at all costs.
It just felt very strange, not very comfortable with very poor lighting with strange electrical background noice that was persistant.
Brielle was at the front desk and she was like a beautiful flower blooming in a desolate landscape. Very helpful and very kind.
I would not visit this hotel again simply because it is extremely overpriced for what you get. The bed was not comfortable at all and the room was small and not functional for the business traveler.
The surrounding area is being worked on and from the looks of it great strides of progress are not being made. Everything from the freeway to the sidestreets are torn up and the area was dusty dirty and very unpleasant to look at.
I for one will absolutely avoid this area at all costs next time. Dirty , dusty and desolate location and the price of a room is certainly not worth it.
Stay Away!

Room Tip: Take alternate Route!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Chadron, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

As a Platinum member of Priority Club, my family and I stayed at this hotel during a recent trip. I have stayed in Holiday Inn Express hotels all across the country and this is easily the nicest Holiday Inn Express we have stayed at. The staff was awesome and treated us extremely well. The hotel itself was beautifully decorated and kept tremendously clean. Everything about this stay was excellent. It is perfectly located with great views of a lake and in an area where anything you might need is a short distance away. I will stay at this hotel during all my visits to the Orem/Provo area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

We only stayed here to rest on our way to Las Vegas, so our requirements were low. Close to freeway, moderate price, clean.

The hotel still smells new, so cleanliness is tops here. The beds are comfortable, with three pillow choices.

There were many teenagers with babies and a lot of small children in general, but we were lucky enough to be far away from their rooms. I don't know how sound proof the rooms are, but I am glad we didn't have to find out.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Only complint was noise from a concert across the highway that ended at midnight but not the hotels fault. Very nice staff that checked to see how everything was going. Comfortable clean beds and fresh pillows and towels

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

First, LOVED the look of this hotel inside. It was new, clean, and trendy! Booked our stay here because we were a party of 3 adults and they advertised 2 queens and a pull-out couch. (note: pullout is not a sleeping option unless you like to sleep on separated bricks.) Needless to say.... 2 of us shared a queen (which was quite soft). Room with a sleeper sofa have a little bar with sink and paper towels, cupboards, ect. Used the microwave (standard in all rooms).

Front desk person Brielle was SUPER nice and accommodating, fixing our room assignment when we received something different than what we thought we reserved. She personally walked the new room keys up to us, and was a delight to speak too in passing the front desk daily.

Location is WAY convenient, right off the freeway (no noise though) and less than 15 mins to BYU. Plenty of shopping and restaurants as long as you have a car.

Breakfast was a nice perk, they had a pancake maker (but not working while we were there) The menu changed daily and the second day they didn't have any fruit (bummer)

Liked our room, nice soft beds, big TV, Large Desk, comfy love seat (as long as you weren't sleeping on it) Rainfall Shower heads (with soft water, if you like that - we didn't. Liked the refrigerator in our room, although it froze everything we put in it.

CONS: Loud door slams can be annoying, the 4th floor hallways smelled like smoke even though all the rooms in our hall were non-smoking (weird) room smelled fine. Price was pretty high for a hotel in this category, and we were charged $10 for the 3 person.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orem/North Provo? Share your experiences!