“Who is not to Love Cafe Rio????” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Provo, Utah
“Who is not to Love Cafe Rio????”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

While I would not exactly classify Cafe Rio as Mexican food, I would classify it as DELICIOUS! The every day specials are hard to pass up and the pulled pork salad is to die for. There isn't a thing on the menu that isn't delicious. Such tasty beans - yum. The service is fast - set up like a ride at Disneyland - and the servers are efficient, fast, and so nice. Love Cafe Rio!!!!!

Visited May 2012

Orem, Utah
“Food's good, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I think everyone likes Cafe Rio food, and we are not exceptions, but the place and the system are far too hectic. A customer shouldn't have to feel pressured and intimidated by the process of getting his food ordered and prepared. It is difficult, at best, to communicate with the food handlers and preparers on the other side of a very high plexiglas counter with all the noise and urgenc pace of the place and the sometimes labored English of the folks taking and preparing the orders. Sometimes the orders are mixed up, and one time I had to wait 15 minutes or more for more chicken to be grilled for my order. --And no apologies are given when screwups occur. I contacted the place's complaint number afterwards but got no response.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Utah
“Our favorite date night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We love Cafe Rio! Our favorite thing to do is get takeout and eat it with a movie at home. They do a good job accommodating my gluten free needs.

Visited April 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
“One of our favorite restaurants! 5 stars!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We absolutely love Cafe Rio. My husband always gets the award-winning Pork Barbocoa salad and I love the fideos (Friday only special in Orem), grilled chicken salad, and coconut shrimp tacos. We always go to Orem so I can get Stevia-sweetened sugarfree Strawberry Lemonade--my favorite! Yummy, fresh, and delicious. Watch out for the famous green tomatillo dressing--you'll be addicted soon. :)

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Utah
“One of the Best Managed and Highest Quality Cafe Rio Restaurants Around!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

In direct contrast to the poorly managed Cafe Rio in Cedar City, this location in Orem, Utah is top notch! The managers are energetic and friendly every time we have gone in the place. They act like they actually love serving you fresh, great-tasting Mexican food, in huge portions, with a smile and great conversation. They keep the place clean and the employees happy, which translates into a great dining experience all the way around. Sure, you can pick up some Taco Bell, or some other junk Mexican food, but when you are ready to take your taste buds to the next level, drop in on the magical Mexican food performances going on at the Orem, Utah Cafe Rio! From the artisans who orchestrate the grilling of the fresh tortillas on the large, hot carousel until they are golden brown, to the way the manager himself performed like an exquisite knife juggler slicing up the fire-grilled steak for my favorite quesadilla, they demonstrate they are committed to high quality and customer satisfaction at this location. I go out of my way to eat here whenever I am in town... And you can grab a good price on a lathe at the Harbor Freight next door!

• Visited January 2012