“Very happy camper” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Orem
American Fork, Utah
“Very happy camper”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have been staying at TownPlace Suites for a little more than two months because of a transfer at work. Their staff is very professional and always willing to help. Walker is an excellent night manager. He is always making sure that we are taken care of and have everything we need to make our stay more comfortable and enjoyable. Pon and Debbie are part of the house keeping crew and they do such a wonderful job keeping our room clean. The shampoo and soap provided by TownPlace is so much better than other places that I have stayed in the past. Having a suite has made our stay more enjoyable and it is fully stocked with dishes, dish soap, towels and anything you need to feel more at home. I would definitely recommend staying at TownPlace Suites if you are in the area. They have a great laundry facility, quarters on hand, a swimming pool and hot tub so you can relax at night. Another great thing is you are so close to Winco and there are numerous places to eat within the area. Freeway access is also a plus!

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and more convenient to get to, especially if you will be having an extended...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Meridian, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here for 2 nights, and the hotel is very nice. Rooms are well soundproofed which is great since it is adjacent to the freeway. There was a nice breakfast buffet downstairs with waffles, cereal, breads, yogurt, etc. My room had two queen beds, a little sitting area with a dining room table, a kitchen and a bathroom with a tub/shower combo and toilet in the enclosed area. Nicely decorated and beds were comfortable, but we had a few issues. 1st: the mirror on the back of the bathroom door rattled. Anytime someone was in the bathroom in the night, the mirror made enough noise to wake me up. I'm a deep sleeper! 2nd: We had crappy TV channels. Our TV didn't get all of the channels, and they sent up a maintenance person to look at it. He flipped through the channels, fiddled with a cord and said he would call DirecTv. The next day, we still didn't have those channels. It was kind of frustrating! 3rd: the sheets were poor quality. Maybe I'm becoming a sheet snob as I get older, but they were just scratchy.

I contacted Marriott, and received a good response from the general manager.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Mark S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Provo Orem, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you sharing your experience. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our continental breakfast, great location, and large suites. I would like to apologize again about the issues you had with your room and the TV's. We were able to use your feedback to help with the training of our staff. Thank you for sharing and helping us improve. We hope you will come and stay with us again!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My group has had the opportunity to stay at this hotel many nights. The service is phenomenal! The rooms are super clean, beds are awesome!!! We were all comfortable and well taken care of.
I highly recommend this location to all travelers. This location is close to the freeway and very accessible to everything in SLC and Provo area...
This was a home away from home! Thanks to this well trained and friendly staff...our stays here have been AWESOME!

Special recognition to Monica!!! You are the very BEST! Thank you for working with us.....

Mickey Grant

Room Tip: Call for a reservation ahead...I think the word is out about this wonderful Hotel and staff...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Mickey,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay on Tripadvisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed our great location and that our awesome staff has taken good care of you. You are right, Monica really is the BEST. We are so appreciative that you chose our hotel for your group. It has been so nice having you all with us. Best of luck on your new openings! Please come and stay with us again!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

I never, ever, ever, ever write reviews but I'm taking my time to do so because I was so disappointed. First off, this hotel is a stones throw from the major highway. This might be a plus for some but for me, having stayed almost a week, was not good. Seeing that it was so close to the highway, I had specifically requested a "quiet room on a high floor." I was given a room with a perfect view of the highway. I asked to be changed. Two rooms later, I was on the side of the building without direct view of the highway but that could still be heard from the room. It wasn't half as bad as the first so I just dealt with it. My family came to visit me and we were looking forward to watching a football game on the TV in the hotel. Channels didn't work so I called the front desk and asked for another TV. They said they'd send someone up to fix it. Two hours later and no one there to fix it, I called back down and the front desk girl told me that someone came to fix it but they couldn't get it to work. Well, that was a huge lie because I was there the entire time. She then told me it was a cable problem and since it was Saturday, it wouldn't be able to be fixed until Monday....?? The lobby TV had the football channel- so why didn't mine? She had no solution for me and was not willing to help in the slightest. My bathroom sink drain was never fixed like I called and asked to have fixed on the first day, and the shower nozzle kept falling off at the slightest touch. I was SO happy to leave that dump.

Room Tip: One where there is no highway noise. You'll never sleep if not.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Mark S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Provo Orem, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your candid thoughts about your recent stay. I would like to apologize for the poor experience you had with us. Our goal is that every guest has a positive experience and leave with the desire to return. We dropped the ball with you. We should have been much more attentive with your room requests and with your maintenance needs. There is no excuse for the poor service you recieved. We can do better than that! I would like to invite you back. I know that we can provide a much different experience for you and help you have the service and room that you expect and deserve. Please contact me directly before your next stay and I will personally make certain that we take great care of you.

Mark Stoddard - General Manager
801-225-4477
Warren, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

Suite is clean, spacious and functional with tons of storage spaces and simple deco. Staff are friendly and helpful. Wifi is stable. Breakfast is not very impressive though. Convenient location to eateries and highway.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Mark S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Provo Orem, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay! I am so glad that you enjoyed our suites and location and that our staff took good care of you. I am sorry that our breakfast did not meet your needs. As a brand, TownePlace Suites is exploring different options and will roll out a new breakfast offering soon. Your feedback helps in that process. We hope to see you again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

While I love my room what really stood out for me was the excellence service that I received. Everyone was so friendly. This includes the housekeepers to the front desk personnel. Everyone was so professionally and warm.

Green Features: Since I am an asthmatic the non smoking and the lack of.dust was important to me.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Mark S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Provo Orem, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Kathy,

Thank you so much for sharing your kind comments about your stay. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is provide excellent service so I am happy to read that our staff delivered. Please come and stay with us again.

Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We chose to stay here because it had the size of rooms we needed for the group we had. We stayed in a 2 room suite with 2 Queens and a Sofa bed - plenty of room for all of us - 5 in total. The property was very clean and well kept and it was close to all the places we needed to go for this weekend trip - shopping, movie theaters, food, and parks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mark S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Provo Orem, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. I am so glad that your family enjoyed our two bedroom suite. We do appreciate your kind comments. Please come and stay with us again.

Mark Stoddard

Been to TownePlace Suites Provo Orem? Share your experiences!