“Very accommodating” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in Orem
Layton, Utah
“Very accommodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed here for just one night, and it was a short night at that, but I was pretty impressed with how accommodating and customer-oriented the front desk staff were. I had several special requests, which they fulfilled without hesitation. The room was completely clean, and I liked the way the space was arranged. Very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again should the need arise. The location is easy to find, and because it's right next to the freeway it's convenient for travelers.

Room Tip: You may want to request a room on the side away from the freeway. I stayed on the freeway side and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at the hotel last week with my wife and four kids and I was very impressed by the staff's friendliness and attentiveness. I was in town for a sporting event and have never stayed at a Marriott TownePlace before and will without a doubt stay at one anytime I have the option to in the future. The hotel is very well kept and like all Marriott hotels was very clean. I recommend this hotel and I am the kind of person that is very picky where I stay when it comes to cleanliness and kindness of staff.

Room Tip: The Double Queen Suites are very large!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Idaho Falls, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have waited several weeks to write this review in hopes that my direct review with Marriott would have someone in management call me for additional information. Instead, I have not heard one word from their manager.

My husband and I stayed on 04/22/2013 on our way to Las Vegas to see our daughter and her husband. The room was very nice and the front desk was very courteous.

However, our problem happened at the very end of our stay.

As a Marriott rewards member I stay at Marriott hotels many times each year and this room was paid for with rewards points. Occasionally we may forget something behind at the hotel but when we call, they always have it and once I even had it shipped to me. (15K in jewelry)

This time we left a Vera Bradley bag full of shoes behind sitting next to the couch. Since we drove directly from Orem to Las Vegas without opening our trunk, I am 100%; sure, we did not "leave" it somewhere else. Additionally, where we were parked in the parking lot, we would have had to "run" over my bag twice before we left and would have felt it.

I contacted the hotel on Monday morning hoping to talk to the Manager of Housekeeping who oversees the "lost" items. This person never called me but the front desk called back and said that I must have lost them "somewhere else."

I doubt seriously that anyone wanted my women's size 8 1/2 motorcycle boots or all of my sandals, but I do believe the maid service wanted my $70.00 Vera Bradley bag to sell on line.

Until this happened I had planned to make a regular stay at this TownePlace but now, I will find a Hilton to use my membership in the Provo area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here on a stop over for one night. Staff was very accomidating. They could tell that my family was tired and got us checked in fast! One bedroom suite is HUGE! Kitchen is long and narrow but very efficient! Breakfast had many choices. Overall a great stay! If you are using a GPS to find this hotel, use Orem as the city not Provo...learned that from experience. :)

Room Tip: One bedroom suite is more than twice the size of the standard room. Worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We are Marriott customers and used points for this stay. Location was convenient to the freeway and surrounding area. The desk manager treated us kindly and put us in a room that fit my request. Used the pool and hot tub which was clean and enjoyable. The rooms have small stoves, fridge, microwave, etc. Good for a longer term stay. No frills but what you would expect from a Marriott chain.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Good location, right near I-15. couple of eating joints nearby
Good for long stays, Kitchen is little cramped though

Breakfast is good.

There is pool and fitness room too.

Staff is courteous and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

TownePlace looks like the value end of the Marriott properties. It was nice, simple, no frills, very basic room decor, minimal bathroom counter, mirror behind the door, etc but there was a kitchen in the room which was nice to have and the staff were very nice and helpful.

The manager seemed to be working round the clock in different capacities and was always helpful and went out of his way to get information.

Property was clean, good condition, easy parking, easy to get in and out of.

even had decent choice of frozen foods in lobby to buy. One night I was too tired and too cold to go back out in search of dinner.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Provo Orem? Share your experiences!