“I felt like I was in my own home:)” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Orem
New York City, New York
“I felt like I was in my own home:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at the hotel last week with my wife and four kids and I was very impressed by the staff's friendliness and attentiveness. I was in town for a sporting event and have never stayed at a Marriott TownePlace before and will without a doubt stay at one anytime I have the option to in the future. The hotel is very well kept and like all Marriott hotels was very clean. I recommend this hotel and I am the kind of person that is very picky where I stay when it comes to cleanliness and kindness of staff.

Room Tip: The Double Queen Suites are very large!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Idaho Falls, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have waited several weeks to write this review in hopes that my direct review with Marriott would have someone in management call me for additional information. Instead, I have not heard one word from their manager.

My husband and I stayed on 04/22/2013 on our way to Las Vegas to see our daughter and her husband. The room was very nice and the front desk was very courteous.

However, our problem happened at the very end of our stay.

As a Marriott rewards member I stay at Marriott hotels many times each year and this room was paid for with rewards points. Occasionally we may forget something behind at the hotel but when we call, they always have it and once I even had it shipped to me. (15K in jewelry)

This time we left a Vera Bradley bag full of shoes behind sitting next to the couch. Since we drove directly from Orem to Las Vegas without opening our trunk, I am 100%; sure, we did not "leave" it somewhere else. Additionally, where we were parked in the parking lot, we would have had to "run" over my bag twice before we left and would have felt it.

I contacted the hotel on Monday morning hoping to talk to the Manager of Housekeeping who oversees the "lost" items. This person never called me but the front desk called back and said that I must have lost them "somewhere else."

I doubt seriously that anyone wanted my women's size 8 1/2 motorcycle boots or all of my sandals, but I do believe the maid service wanted my $70.00 Vera Bradley bag to sell on line.

Until this happened I had planned to make a regular stay at this TownePlace but now, I will find a Hilton to use my membership in the Provo area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here on a stop over for one night. Staff was very accomidating. They could tell that my family was tired and got us checked in fast! One bedroom suite is HUGE! Kitchen is long and narrow but very efficient! Breakfast had many choices. Overall a great stay! If you are using a GPS to find this hotel, use Orem as the city not Provo...learned that from experience. :)

Room Tip: One bedroom suite is more than twice the size of the standard room. Worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We are Marriott customers and used points for this stay. Location was convenient to the freeway and surrounding area. The desk manager treated us kindly and put us in a room that fit my request. Used the pool and hot tub which was clean and enjoyable. The rooms have small stoves, fridge, microwave, etc. Good for a longer term stay. No frills but what you would expect from a Marriott chain.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Good location, right near I-15. couple of eating joints nearby
Good for long stays, Kitchen is little cramped though

Breakfast is good.

There is pool and fitness room too.

Staff is courteous and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

TownePlace looks like the value end of the Marriott properties. It was nice, simple, no frills, very basic room decor, minimal bathroom counter, mirror behind the door, etc but there was a kitchen in the room which was nice to have and the staff were very nice and helpful.

The manager seemed to be working round the clock in different capacities and was always helpful and went out of his way to get information.

Property was clean, good condition, easy parking, easy to get in and out of.

even had decent choice of frozen foods in lobby to buy. One night I was too tired and too cold to go back out in search of dinner.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Fairfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Location right off highway. Clean and comfortable rooms. Well stocked kitchen. Near fast food and grocery store. Hotel has small mini mart so can heat soup or zap a micro dinner in your room. Shampoo conditioner soap only. No frills or extras. Extremely nice staff. Serviceable breakfast included. Comfy bed and pillows. Free wifi and good desk to work on.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Provo Orem? Share your experiences!