“A very nice new extended stay hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Orem
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rigby, Idaho
“A very nice new extended stay hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

This is a Towneplace Suites property, Marriott's budget-minded extended stay property. I stayed one night while on vacation with my family using Marriott Rewards points. The hotel is clean, new, and it looks great. The room was nice, comfortable, clean, and inviting. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool. One nice thing that stands out compared to previous stays I've had at other Towneplace Suites properties is the inclusion a complimentary breakfast (some other Towneplace Suites locations have none). The breakfast was actually of good quality and had a good variety also. Only two details caused me to rate this "Very Good" and not "Excellent": First, the room a/c would not cool the room enough, causing my wife and I to be uncomfortably warm all night. Second, only one room type was available to book using Marriott Rewards online: a studio-style suite. No offer was made for an upgrade to a 1 or 2-bedroom suite despite my Gold status.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Allen, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

The pool, the exercise room, and the laundry room were all used often and very clean. I loved to go to breakfast each morning, and if I wanted eggs I could have them hard-boiled from the breakfast bar or hot from my own cooktop. During the quiet part of the day (between check-out time and check-in time) employees not otherwise occupied were cleaning, or chatting with the guests and each other. Everything was in good repair, and all that cleaning was apparent. Being able to really cook saved much in not having to eat out. I loved my long stay there. Oh, and the beds were tremendously comfortable.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Manchester, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a week with my husband, teenage son, adult niece, and my toddler great-niece. We stayed in the 2-bedroom suite and absolutely loved it! It was super clean, modern, roomy and had a full kitchen and dining room table with seating for 4. The beds are SO comfortable that my niece wanted to lay in it all day. Each room had sufficient lighting and the big windows in the rooms provided amazing views of the mountains. The windows also opened so we could enjoy the clean, mountain air in our room. EVERY worker at the hotel was very kind and accommodating, as well as well-groomed and cheery. The pool, spa and workout room were very clean and welcoming. My only tiny bit of discontentment were the offerings on the breakfast buffet. The only hot food was oatmeal or waffles. I was hoping for eggs, sausage, etc., but no big deal. The hotel also has a private patio area with tables and a gas grill for the patrons to use. It was the perfect location for all of us to have a picnic lunch on a gorgeous fall day. I will be staying at this location again in November, for 3 weeks, and couldn't be more pleased to give them my business. This is a top-notch hotel with employees who understand and practice excellent customer service!!!

Room Tip: If you're sensitive to highway traffic noise, be sure to get a room on the opposite side of the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

We paid $159.00 which was way too much. The rooms are big but not very clean. I was disappointed. The bathroom floor was dirty. The shower curtain was stained. The bathroom towel I grabbed off the towel rack was stained and I took it to the front desk and they gave me new ones but when I opened the towel there was hair on it. The breakfast was ok not much to choose from. Overall I was not impressed and would not stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Richmond, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

When I stay at a hotel that has "Marriott" in the name, I have certain expectations. Those expectations include the basic attention to detail and finding solutions. This hotel was okay, but there were several things lacking from what I consider a Marriott experience.

First, the good:

1) The hotel is pretty new and was very clean.
2) Lighting was excellent
3) Decor felt like what I expect from a Marriott
4) A/C worked great.
5) Bathroom water pressure was good.

Where there is room for improvement:
1) I got the impression that everyone that worked there was in college and didn't have a lot of experience in dealing with customer issues.
2) For example, there was a lady working with the front desk and someone called and she attended to the call. Then, she did it again. Wasn't there someone else working at 3pm? There were two other waiting besides me, and the body language was not good from anyone in line.
3) Our room had pillows but no bed linens for the sofa bed.
4) The bathroom didn't have plastic cups.
5) Room design just wasn't very good for a family of four. The room was small and it was hard to maneuver.

If you have certain expectations of what a Marriott experience should be, then it is probably worth the effort to look for other hotels in the area.

When you are traveling with two kids under 4 years old, the last thing I want to do is have to put in the time and effort to correct things that are spontaneous need. It makes a difference.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We had to stay a couple of weeks because of a house fire. They staff was very friendly and catered to our families needs. We appreciated there kindness during our trying times. It became a home away from home!

• Stayed June 2011
Santa Ana, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

Stayed for about 3 nights and really thought this hotel has all what I look for within a hotel. I like having a kitchen because I want other options rather then just going out to eat. There was a little noise from the highway, but that was the reason why I picked this hotel. It was very easy access to the highway and to the client I was visiting.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Provo Orem? Share your experiences!