“First time experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 hotels in Orem
Ontario, California
“First time experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

It was a first at this the girl that was there (yoyo) was fast and friendly. I would definitely go back to this hotel. Great location. and the breakfast was very convenient. There also was a great vien towards the lake.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

VICTOR S, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn Orem, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Rebecca

We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at North Orem La Quinta. We look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

La Quinta continuously strives to create memorable moments with our guests, through people first service and clean comfortable accommodations. We stand by our commitment to serving our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations.

We will see you soon.

K.K Soni (G.M)

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Checked in after work and I tried to take a shower and had no hot water. I called Josephina at the front desk. She said they just finished fixing and to let it run for 5 minutes. It ran for 30 minutes and never got hot. I called again. She said it was fixed. This began at about 5 pm.we did not have hot water. We went to out for our evening about 7 without being able to shower. We returned at 10 pm and had decided to shower then. But NO. I once again called Josephina. She said she would check the hot water and call me back. After waiting 20 minutes with no response I called again. She said she had been checking in people and had not had time. (The lobby was empty when we came back at 10, so I am not sure where all the people were that she was checking in.) I waited and again after 15 minutes called and it rang and rang and rang. I decided to walk down to the lobby. (The lobby was empty, no guests checking in.) Joesphina told me she was calling the manager. So no shower on FRIDAY! NO HOT WATER THE ENTIRE TIME! I wake up at 6 am and think I am going to shower. NO HOT WATER! I called the front desk and got a man. He said he would check and call me back. He called back in a few minutes and said that a hot water heater had gone out and there was not enough hot water for the entire hotel. He also reassured me that he had someone coming to fix the problem at 10 am. (Check out is at 11) So no shower on Saturday. My problem with all of this is the dishonesty of the hotel, staff and management. I have a problem with my card being automatically charged for the room after I had made several calls regarding the hot water. I have a problem with a hotel that is full of guests that want to shower and they do not have an emergency repairman installing a new hot water heater after hours. I will not stay at a La Quinta Inn. This is under poor management and if this is a representation of the kind of managers La Quinta has trained. On the bright side, it is Saturday and upon leaving Josephina assured me that the manager, Victor Soni, knew about my complaint and would be contacting me. Oh, but he isn't in until Monday so I have to wait! One more thing, the breakfast was awful!

Room Tip: Room on the west has a view of Utah Lake and Geneva Steel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

VICTOR S, Manager at La Quinta Inn Orem, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear. Laura.

We truly appreciate your feedback; it is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from La Quinta.

Your continued satisfaction and trust in La Quinta are our top priorities. We hope you will be staying with us again soon.

Victor Soni (G.M)
801-235-9555

Travelers are raving about these Orem hotels

Magna, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I like this hotel it had a great view and was really quiet. 1st i thaught that the room may be going to be really noisy since we were close to the freeway. but finally i realize i was wrong. Their breakfast contains Eggs, and Meat along with many more choices to choose from.

La Quinta Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: take the room on 3rd floor East Side for breath taking view of the Lake and on West Mountaints.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Great value for the money. The only reason I am not giving a higher rating is the breakfast area and the "no food in the room" policy. Also, the food quality and choices were very low. The owner had the coffee maker hanging over the sink and there was no decaf.

The night clerk that checked us in was sweet and professional which is vital to my experience.

• Stayed January 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Very good for the money. It is starting to show its age. Very convenient. They should not accept a paint job that reflects a second rate job. The driveway is not well lit and you can easily miss it. The staff was congenial.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Grand Junction, Colorado, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

This is a great value for the money. The rooms are very nice. If you happen to get the West side you have a great view of Utah Lake. The motel is easy to reach from the Freeway and you have a stoplight for on and off.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We arrived after dark and checked in. The hotel, itself, looks great from the outside and the entry is great. Actually, our room was nice BUT after checking in and getting settled in, I found a couple of staples ( that looked like they were from a automatic stapler) and a drill bit on the floor when I went to sit at the desk. I almost stepped on them. Then, I looked more carefully and found dog hair on the rug that was NOT from our dog as she doesn't have long hair. My husband took the staples and drill bit down to the clerk and he just gave him a look like...hmmm. Then, after I moved a chair, I found a dog toy (again, not our dog's) and so I took that down to the front desk. Then, when I went to take a shower, I noticed that the kleenex box was stuffed full of used kleenex (something I would think the cleaning crew would have noticed). Also, there was a used wash cloth hanging over the shower curtain. Needless to say, I took photos of these two things and walked down to the front desk and said, "Ok, I don't think your cleaning crew did much more than make the bed in this room as the rug wasn't vacuumed and I can't believe they didn't notice a dirty wash cloth or tissue that was used in the tissue holder". He noted it and said he was sorry and took 10% off our bill. Although, I appreciate the fact he did something....I would have been horrified if I was an employee of this motel and saw those photos. The room itself was 'clean?' and the bed was comfortable...but I couldn't help but wonder if the sheets had even been changed after my other experiences. We were exhausted after driving all day so had no other choice than to just get through this experience. We were not even offered another room.....sad! We won't be staying here again. I was a little hesitant to stay in any other LaQuintas after this experience and our AAA had booked us for several for this trip....but we weren't disappointed in the others. I must say this is a nice enough town, had a great view of Salt Lake off in the distance and the mountains...but wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Check out your room FIRST!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pawnstamp

Victor Soni (G.M)
801-235-9555

Been to La Quinta Inn Orem? Share your experiences!