“P712 slipping into a bit of a rut” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pizzeria 712 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 197 Restaurants in Orem
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: State Street
Orem, Utah
“P712 slipping into a bit of a rut”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I hate to say it, but I think Pizzeria 712 is starting to slip into a bit of a rut. My past few visits have been fine, but really not exceptional. Service is a bit off -- the pacing of the food delivery is not quite right (usually too fast, no matter what I say to the waiter) -- and the menu needs to expand. And, although in general I'm not overly price-sensitive, I was really taken aback to be charged $1 for grated romano. Charging for grated cheese at a pizza place? Really?

It's still good, but becoming less of a draw when there are so many fine options in this price point in the greater Salt Lake City area.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Utah
“Rivals Zero Zero in San Francisco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This place is top-notch for fresh taste, price, and service. One of the few restaurants in the valley that recognizes and uses many locally produced ingredients. Bravo! Innovative and delicious desserts too. How Utah Valley (specifically, Orem) ended up with a restaurant like this--in a valley filled with far too many chain restaurants--is beyond me but I'm glad they are here; I've returned numerous times. Wish they would bring back the rhubarb soda--very unique. Hard to believe, but this place is better than Zero Zero in San Francisco when it comes to pizza.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tetonia, Idaho
“Surprising find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

We were traveling through on our way to southern Utah and spent the night in Orem because of numerous conventions being held in the SLC area. Orem! Where will we eat? Zagat's recommended this restaurant and it was a surprise. Last time in the Provo area we were forced to stop at a chain restaurant and this is definitely not a chain pizza parlor. Wonderful menu! Wonderful. Think outside the oven and eat a short rib for an appetizer and savor a beautifully dressed salad prepared with local greens and the best bacon I have ever eaten! And the pizza was great!
My only suggestion would be that they have the wines listed on their wine list available , which they did not the night we ate at this very good restaurant. We will have to try other Heirloom restaurants on our trips through Utah.

Visited February 2014
Brooklyn
“excellent mozzarella”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

we were only passing through, but i had planned ahead of time to stop here for lunch. it's really easy to overshoot the entrance, as it is kind of set in from the highway and doesn't have a sign. or if there was one, we obviously missed it! everything we had was great; what really stood out for us was the mozzarella - the milkiest, tastiest cheese we've had so far. the front-of-house manager just happened to be sitting next to us, and he was really friendly to us. lovely space, nice staff.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Madrid, Spain
“Best pizza in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I love Pizzeria 712! I love their seasonal and fresh produce and dishes! Menu is changing all the time, with gourmet type meals, and their always good pizza, baked on wood fire oven is amazing! If you want good quality, fresh and organic, gourmet type dishes, this is the place to go!

• Visited September 2013