“Recent 4 night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Orem
Chicago, United States
“Recent 4 night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Overall a good hotel and experience. Had a plumbing problem with room shortly after arrival and were upgraded to a suite at no additional charge. Suite was very nice. Staff courteous and efficient. Good location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
So glad to read that your stay was up to snuff :) Sorry for the plumbing issue, I appreciate your understanding.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Powell, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I always stay at the Hampton Inn when I'm in Orem, UT. Great service, clean room, good beds. You will be happy staying here. I've stayed in the suites and in the regular rooms and have been happy in both. The food is good too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for a great review!
San Antonio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Service was friendly but that was about it. We requested a quiet room but we're put next to the stairs and elevator. A number of parents seemed to think this was summer camp and too many kids had a great time running up and down the hall and stairs. We tried to get breakfast but the young lady that worked there couldn't figure out how to help us make a waffle that could be removed from the iron. At least she wished us a nice day as we ended our Hampton experience.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
I'm sorry to hear that your experience with us was not a pleasant one. To your point regarding the noise in the hallways, as with most hotels there are times when we have teams, or just a large amount of families due to holidays, etc. that can unfortunately result in noise. I apologize also for the trouble you had at breakfast with the waffle maker, over time the makers tend to lose their non-stick coating and begin to stick. I'll make sure we find a quick resolution to the problem, thanks for making me aware of it. In the end, I regret that you feel the need to avoid our hotel, but certainly respect your opinion. Thank you for complimenting our staff on their conduct.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We have stayed here many times. For larger families it is a must! The suites have 2 queen bed, a pull out in the living room with a full size refrigerator, and stove. Plenty of room for everyone!! The 2 queens close off from the main room, so that one person could nap while another group could watch TV and make a meal. Staff is very friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thanks so much for the nice review and the high marks on your stay with us! After returning from a vacation myself with my family, I too appreciate the extra space provided in our suites...it wasn't always available in the hotels I stayed at on the road. Thanks again for taking the time to write in, please visit again when you can.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

What a warm and welcoming place this is! If you want to stay in a nice, affordable hotel while traveling through beautiful Utah, choose this delightful hotel. The employees could not be any nicer and will always greet you with a smile and lend a helping hand. The small exercise room boasts a beautiful view of the mountains in the distance, and the morning breakfast spread is absolutely delicious. I have met so many delightful travelers there, and had equally delightful conversations. I assure you...you will not be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed June 2014
What a nice review! There's not much I can say except a big THANK YOU! I just returned from vacation myself, and your comments made my day upon returning to work. I hope we'll see you again, until then please take care.
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Running children in the room above us and it is after 11 pm. We're here through Sunday. Not as nice as Holiday Inn 2 minutes from here. Hard to get to from crazy freeway exit. Good proximity to UVU but swimming pool door was kept closed to the huge patio (what could have been great was lame), and there was only one table inside pool room, and 2 lawn chairs with 7 families needing a place for leaving towels, sandals and room keys. The breakfast is very limited compared to Holiday Inn, and they s l o w l y restock it 4 bagels at a time, so that they avoid extra food costs on popular items. This is our third day here observing. It mattered not whether you are there at 6:15 AM or 7:45 AM, both had low selections.

We supposedly got a discount at $84 for 2 queen rooms our group. It wasn't as nice as our stay at other Hilton properties for this rate, like up in Ogden. Bedding was clean. Room was clean but vanity and bathroom are dated. Direct TV stinks as does the wifi.

They should clean the windows around the pool area and open up the huge patio so that swimming pool guests may use it. Also try some other variety of breakfast eggs and sausage and keep the bagels and English muffins stocked.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Sorry to read that your stay was not pleasant. We would have been happy to open the sliding glass doors in the pool had we known that you would have liked them open. We keep the doors closed in an attempt to not only keep the pool room temperature comfortable, but also to keep the area clean from leaves, etc. that tend to blow in if the doors are always open. Regarding breakfast, I'm sorry that you felt the selection was limited. We truly aren't trying to avoid high food costs by slowly putting bagels, etc. out, however I'll be sure to check with our breakfast staff to see why they didn't put more out at a time. Thanks for taking the time to write in, I hope you'll give us another try so that we can show you a better experience.
West Sacramento, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We addressed the issue of the pool being cold and we kept getting different answers, we specifically wanted a hotel with a heated pool. We addressed it every day and the pool temperature never changed. When I made the initial complaint the staff stated that someone complained the day earlier, Yet they still did not make any changes to fix the problem and gave lame excuses. One of them was because it rained the day before we got there. It is an indoor pool. We also had an issue with the type of room we received, we wanted two beds and only received one with a pull out couch. We decided to extend our stay so we could vistit with family in the area and due to the limited rooms available (so we were told) we had to upgrade to a suite. When I originally spoke to the staff over the phone she gave me three options, one with a jacuzzi tub and kitchen and because of the pool situation I decided this might be a good option, while I was at church my wife was shown the room and the jacuzzi was in the bedroom and they stated it was the honeymoon suite and their was no kitchenette or separate room with the couch. This is not was explain to me, and all the staff would tell my wife is that this is what I ordered. After my wife getting frustrated with the staff she was finally given the same type of room we had before but with two beds but they wanted to charge us the same price as the suite, $50 more. After her getting extremely upset they stated they would change the rate to the original cost. At checking out I complained to the manager and he gave us the last night for free. We have stayed at this hotel at least 4-5 times in the last 8 months due to classes my wife is taking in Utah and we visit with her sister who lives right around the corner from the hotel. We have about another 6 to 7 visits we need to make in the next 9 months, we have not had problems with this hotel in the past but not sure if we will stay again. The Marriott is about 5 miles away and although a little more expensive but nicer this will probably be our choice. Very dissatisfied with the way the staff handled the complaints except for the manager at check out, and unacceptable the way the staff spoke to my wife!!! If indeed you have a 100% guarantee then I should have been given my entire stay for free. Stains on furniture in the room, made it seem unclean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm so sorry that your stay was not up to the level that you've come to expect from us. I think there are some legitimate reasons for the pool temperature, etc...however the coolness of the water certainly wasn't due to the rain??? Sorry about that. I'll be sure to speak with the front desk agent who was working with you. I hope you'll accept my sincere apologies for any poor professionalism displayed to your wife or anyone one else in your party. Hopefully you'll change your mind and judge us by the several previous stays that have been satisfactory, and not only by the latest experience. Thank you for making me aware of what happened so I can correct the problem.

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Orem? Share your experiences!