“Warm and Welcoming Place” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Orem
“Warm and Welcoming Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

What a warm and welcoming place this is! If you want to stay in a nice, affordable hotel while traveling through beautiful Utah, choose this delightful hotel. The employees could not be any nicer and will always greet you with a smile and lend a helping hand. The small exercise room boasts a beautiful view of the mountains in the distance, and the morning breakfast spread is absolutely delicious. I have met so many delightful travelers there, and had equally delightful conversations. I assure you...you will not be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed June 2014
utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
What a nice review! There's not much I can say except a big THANK YOU! I just returned from vacation myself, and your comments made my day upon returning to work. I hope we'll see you again, until then please take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Running children in the room above us and it is after 11 pm. We're here through Sunday. Not as nice as Holiday Inn 2 minutes from here. Hard to get to from crazy freeway exit. Good proximity to UVU but swimming pool door was kept closed to the huge patio (what could have been great was lame), and there was only one table inside pool room, and 2 lawn chairs with 7 families needing a place for leaving towels, sandals and room keys. The breakfast is very limited compared to Holiday Inn, and they s l o w l y restock it 4 bagels at a time, so that they avoid extra food costs on popular items. This is our third day here observing. It mattered not whether you are there at 6:15 AM or 7:45 AM, both had low selections.

We supposedly got a discount at $84 for 2 queen rooms our group. It wasn't as nice as our stay at other Hilton properties for this rate, like up in Ogden. Bedding was clean. Room was clean but vanity and bathroom are dated. Direct TV stinks as does the wifi.

They should clean the windows around the pool area and open up the huge patio so that swimming pool guests may use it. Also try some other variety of breakfast eggs and sausage and keep the bagels and English muffins stocked.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Sorry to read that your stay was not pleasant. We would have been happy to open the sliding glass doors in the pool had we known that you would have liked them open. We keep the doors closed in an attempt to not only keep the pool room temperature comfortable, but also to keep the area clean from leaves, etc. that tend to blow in if the doors are always open. Regarding breakfast, I'm sorry that you felt the selection was limited. We truly aren't trying to avoid high food costs by slowly putting bagels, etc. out, however I'll be sure to check with our breakfast staff to see why they didn't put more out at a time. Thanks for taking the time to write in, I hope you'll give us another try so that we can show you a better experience.
West Sacramento, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We addressed the issue of the pool being cold and we kept getting different answers, we specifically wanted a hotel with a heated pool. We addressed it every day and the pool temperature never changed. When I made the initial complaint the staff stated that someone complained the day earlier, Yet they still did not make any changes to fix the problem and gave lame excuses. One of them was because it rained the day before we got there. It is an indoor pool. We also had an issue with the type of room we received, we wanted two beds and only received one with a pull out couch. We decided to extend our stay so we could vistit with family in the area and due to the limited rooms available (so we were told) we had to upgrade to a suite. When I originally spoke to the staff over the phone she gave me three options, one with a jacuzzi tub and kitchen and because of the pool situation I decided this might be a good option, while I was at church my wife was shown the room and the jacuzzi was in the bedroom and they stated it was the honeymoon suite and their was no kitchenette or separate room with the couch. This is not was explain to me, and all the staff would tell my wife is that this is what I ordered. After my wife getting frustrated with the staff she was finally given the same type of room we had before but with two beds but they wanted to charge us the same price as the suite, $50 more. After her getting extremely upset they stated they would change the rate to the original cost. At checking out I complained to the manager and he gave us the last night for free. We have stayed at this hotel at least 4-5 times in the last 8 months due to classes my wife is taking in Utah and we visit with her sister who lives right around the corner from the hotel. We have about another 6 to 7 visits we need to make in the next 9 months, we have not had problems with this hotel in the past but not sure if we will stay again. The Marriott is about 5 miles away and although a little more expensive but nicer this will probably be our choice. Very dissatisfied with the way the staff handled the complaints except for the manager at check out, and unacceptable the way the staff spoke to my wife!!! If indeed you have a 100% guarantee then I should have been given my entire stay for free. Stains on furniture in the room, made it seem unclean.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm so sorry that your stay was not up to the level that you've come to expect from us. I think there are some legitimate reasons for the pool temperature, etc...however the coolness of the water certainly wasn't due to the rain??? Sorry about that. I'll be sure to speak with the front desk agent who was working with you. I hope you'll accept my sincere apologies for any poor professionalism displayed to your wife or anyone one else in your party. Hopefully you'll change your mind and judge us by the several previous stays that have been satisfactory, and not only by the latest experience. Thank you for making me aware of what happened so I can correct the problem.
Flagstaff, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We booked through booking.com a month before our trip. When we arrived at the hotel, tired after traveling, we discovered that the room we booked for five people only slept four. We were tired and embarrassed. At the front desk, we were told that the hotel was sold out, so we told them we could not stay and would be leaving. We expressed exasperation with booking.com and Hampton. The staff then 'discovered' they had a room for us. They then told us they would discount the room, again embarrassing us. The man in line next to us made rude remarks to the staff about my wife and I and how he works in the hotel industry and understands customers like us. The staff at the desk smiled about it. I was so embarrassed! I also work in the hotel industry. We had no intention of inconveniencing anyone. The hotel was very nice, but I could not wait to leave. Unfortunately, all of Utah Valley was fully booked that night. We left as soon as we could get our family going the next day. Stay at this hotel, but if you book on-line be careful that you are getting what you need.

Room Tip: Don't book on-line. Call Hampton directly.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thanks for taking time out to write in about your experience with Booking.com and the hotel. I was made aware of your situation, and wanted to say how sorry I am that we couldn't get you the specific room type you needed. I can understand your initial suspicion when we (the hotel) were able to find a room; however I'd like to shed a little light on what happened. I was called at home and told briefly about the problem and gave authorization to offer the room that you stayed in. It was being held for my family, who ended up staying at our home instead. I apologize for the poor communication from Booking.com. I'm very sorry for the embarrassment you felt, and I'll talk with the front desk on how best to handle such a situation.

Thanks again for writing in, I hope you'll give us another try in the future.
Wetumpka, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I had to travel to Orem to take the LSAT because I didn't want to have to bother driving the day of, and I wanted a relaxing place to stay. In all my decades of trips I have never stayed at a Hampton Inn until now. I have to say it was very nice.

From entering the room it was extremely clean. Everything was tidy and neat. The bathroom was spotless. I was excited to see a microwave and fridge in the room too. I very much enjoyed the fact that we had direct TV which provided plenty of channels to watch and help me relax.

The staff was very friendly on check in and out, and the breakfast area was well stocked and fresh. Overall it was a great experience. I would come back if I had to stay in the area again for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Great review, loved the details on what made it a good stay! Thanks for taking the time to write in; I hope the first stay at a Hampton was the start of many to come :)
Pocatello, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Love this hotel. Have used it with combined room/suites for several family gatherings. Like the easy access from the interstate so we don't have to drive through town. Very helpful and accommodating staff. Would not mind a lesser price.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for the review, and for the good marks on your stay! We'll keep that "lesser price" thing in mind. :) Thanks for staying with us!
Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The staff made my extended stay here wonderful. I was greeted every evening when I returned from work, and made to feel like family being welcomed home. The rooms were clean, the staff both professional and courteous, and the location convenient to many local attractions.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

utahjazzfan, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Orem, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thanks very much for a great review! Your kind comments and great score are sincerely appreciated. I hope you'll come back again soon!

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Orem? Share your experiences!