“Marriott is Back! Hooray!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Ogden

You added Courtyard Ogden to your Saves list
Courtyard Ogden
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   247 24th Street, Ogden, UT 84401 (Formerly Summit Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
“Marriott is Back! Hooray!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Great Hotel!! So happy to have Marriott back in Ogden. Renovations are great! Lobby is awesome. Beds were terrific. Will definitely come back. Didn't have any issues these other guys had. Awesome location next to the famous 25th Street. Super kind service.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Mr_E_Guzman, General Manager at Courtyard Ogden, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard Ogden. We are excited to be back in Ogden as well and I appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay.

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ronald, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Located right down near the city mall and lots of restaurants within a short walking distance. My room was clean and the staff was nice. Overall the condition of the hotel (outside the room) needs some updating.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard Ogden. It's always good to hear from our guests and to know you enjoyed your stay. The staff here takes great pride in going above and beyond for our guests and more and more people are recognizing that as they stay with us.

Now that the interior renovation has been finished, we're currently in the process of completing our outdoor renovation, which will include a beautifully landscaped outdoor courtyard with a fire-pit and lots of seating for our guests to enjoy.

Thank you again for your time and come visit us again soon!

Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was hot outside but they don't have ac on. We had to open the window but then it was very noisy at 1am as there were a lot of people in the parking lot next to bars! All they did was bring us a dirty box fan to use. For $107 a night we expect to be able to sleep comfortably. Also the renovation is a downgrade. The room now has cheap laminate built in furniture! The lobby which used to be elegant now looks cheap as well. We checked out early and told them at check out the problem with no ac despite their advertisement as such. He said they have A/C, it's just not on! Rediculous! There was no offer to reduce the cost given that we couldn't sleep! This will be the last time we stay here. Too bad.We checked out early after one night. Good thing as the rate would have been $125 the next night for no ac and cheap looking roomlj. They should have spend money to renevate the ac.

Room Tip: You will not be able to turn AC or heat on your self as the cheap hotel wontb turn it on. Don't...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard Ogden.

I understand your frustrations with not having any air conditioning during your stay. Unfortunately the main AC unit was down for maintenance which wasn't completed before the weather turned hot. But I'm happy to report that it has now been fixed and it's working as it should.

We are excited to bring the Marriott name back to Ogden and to offer a premium product to guests visiting the area. We hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Ogden.

Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here for business and it looks likely they are finishing up a renovation. The rooms are great, bar is good, but it looks like there is some more construction going on outside. Would be a 5 but construction

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Mr_E_Guzman, General Manager at Courtyard Ogden, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Jidegan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. I'm pleased to hear that you like our new rooms and the Bistro at the hotel.

We are in the process of finishing up with the exterior portion of our hotel renovation and we can't wait for the beautiful outdoor courtyard we will have once we're finished.

I look forward to seeing you again whenever your travels bring you back to Ogden.

Kind Regards,

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Thanks to Hotels.com, I had a free night available for booking up to more than $400 in value, and so I chose the most expensive hotel and most expensive room in Ogden, UT: The Courtyard (at a room price of $168.00).

Apparently, a $10m refurbishment project has been completed - but not entirely as the large field of building rubble and debris inside the fenced off area to the right of the hotel suggests. It rather looks as if a major explosion took down part of the hotel.....

Apart from that, there remains ample parking, and the reception staff is friendly and helpful (although it does seem to take a rather long time to process an existing reservation). The decor in the reception area (which is very spacious) is what I would describe as "neo Russian" - i.e. it likes any identifiable style.

After a lengthy walk to the elevators, one is whisked up to the room, which seemed to have an average size (not too small, but not really on the large side either), which includes a very comfortable bed, a desk area, a fridge and microwave, as well as a seating area. The bathroom is well equipped and has a large and pleasant shower area.

A real downer is the breakfast - nothing free here or included. There is a Starbucks outlet where you can buy coffee ("we only have mild this morning" - really????) and some suspicious looking snacks.

I am not sure what went through the architect's and/or interior designer's mind when the decor or layout was decided on - was the theme "let's make sure that guests don't get too comfy here"? Even hyper-modern Scandinavian hotels have more atmosphere than the Courtyard.

If this is the best that Ogden can offer, then I will need to consider looking for places in Salt Lake to stay in future (about 45 miles from the airport).

Hey, some good news: the free Wifi was working well (even without the cheeky offer of a faster paid for version).

Room Tip: Try for a room to the front - the bar activities to the rea of the hotel can be noisy at night.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear HarryAnnie,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel.

As you mentioned in your review, our hotel has recently gone through an extensive renovation of all rooms and lobby area and we are very proud of our new hotel. As the final part of our $10 million renovation, we have demolished the two story wing of the hotel. This area is being quickly cleaned up and it will be replaced by a beautiful outdoor courtyard and additional parking.

I'm sorry the new Courtyard decor was not to your liking. In my years with Marriott I have come to the conclusion that everyone has a different opinion when it comes to hotel decor and it's almost impossible to please everyone.

I don't know why you were only offered Mild coffee at our Starbucks outlet as we offer a wide variety of Starbucks drinks, but I have shared your feedback with the restaurant manager to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

I hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Ogden and our exterior improvements are completed.

Kind Regards,

Ezequiel
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am a loyal Marriott guest who found this Courtyard to not be up to Marriott standards. I stayed here years ago when it was a full service Marriott and before the remodel. (loved it then) When we first checked in I thought I was going to love this place. Clean. Newly remodeled. What isn't to like? But it didn't take long to loose that warm fuzzy feeling. The fan on the heater was on all the time. The only way to get it to shut off was to turn the heat off. The TV reception on the non HD channels was so bad they weren't watchable. It was either HD, or nothing. The lights in the bathroom were bare lightbulbs!!! No cases. No covers. Really!!! I asked the front desk if that was the norm and her response was "I don't know, I have never been in a room." The last straw was the lack of customer service. As a platinum that spends over 100 nights a year at Marriotts, they ignored all of my profile request and stuck me in a handicap room on a middle floor. They were not accommodating at all. I ran out of toothpaste and instead of having those tiny "get me one more brush" bottles that every hotel in America give out for free...they only sold toothpaste for $3 for a tiny bottle.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Cubfaninco,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We take matters such as this very seriously. One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service. Your feedback regarding the service our team provided caught my attention.I am very sorry to learn that the quality of service provided by our staff did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the team in an effort to improve our service moving forward.

Thank you for being a valued Marriott Rewards platinum member and for the loyalty you continually show to our brand.

We hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Ogden.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

The good: The bed was pretty comfortable. The room was clean for the most part. Microwave and fridge were nice touches. Elevator is super fast!

The bad:
The room smelled weird upon arrival. As I was taking a shower, I noticed used soap, shampoo, and conditioner from the previous guest still in the shower. The AC doesn't cool, so the room was pretty warm (around 75). Had to open the window to cool the room. Bed was pretty firm, but sufficiently comfortable.

Maybe I just had some bad luck.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard Ogden? Share your experiences!