“Great Rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Ogden

You added Courtyard Ogden to your Saves list
Courtyard Ogden
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   247 24th Street, Ogden, UT 84401 (Formerly Summit Hotel & Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Ogden
Newport Beach, California
“Great Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed here for business and it looks likely they are finishing up a renovation. The rooms are great, bar is good, but it looks like there is some more construction going on outside. Would be a 5 but construction

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Mr_E_Guzman, General Manager at Courtyard Ogden, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Jidegan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. I'm pleased to hear that you like our new rooms and the Bistro at the hotel.

We are in the process of finishing up with the exterior portion of our hotel renovation and we can't wait for the beautiful outdoor courtyard we will have once we're finished.

I look forward to seeing you again whenever your travels bring you back to Ogden.

Kind Regards,

Ezequiel Guzman

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Thanks to Hotels.com, I had a free night available for booking up to more than $400 in value, and so I chose the most expensive hotel and most expensive room in Ogden, UT: The Courtyard (at a room price of $168.00).

Apparently, a $10m refurbishment project has been completed - but not entirely as the large field of building rubble and debris inside the fenced off area to the right of the hotel suggests. It rather looks as if a major explosion took down part of the hotel.....

Apart from that, there remains ample parking, and the reception staff is friendly and helpful (although it does seem to take a rather long time to process an existing reservation). The decor in the reception area (which is very spacious) is what I would describe as "neo Russian" - i.e. it likes any identifiable style.

After a lengthy walk to the elevators, one is whisked up to the room, which seemed to have an average size (not too small, but not really on the large side either), which includes a very comfortable bed, a desk area, a fridge and microwave, as well as a seating area. The bathroom is well equipped and has a large and pleasant shower area.

A real downer is the breakfast - nothing free here or included. There is a Starbucks outlet where you can buy coffee ("we only have mild this morning" - really????) and some suspicious looking snacks.

I am not sure what went through the architect's and/or interior designer's mind when the decor or layout was decided on - was the theme "let's make sure that guests don't get too comfy here"? Even hyper-modern Scandinavian hotels have more atmosphere than the Courtyard.

If this is the best that Ogden can offer, then I will need to consider looking for places in Salt Lake to stay in future (about 45 miles from the airport).

Hey, some good news: the free Wifi was working well (even without the cheeky offer of a faster paid for version).

Room Tip: Try for a room to the front - the bar activities to the rea of the hotel can be noisy at night.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear HarryAnnie,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel.

As you mentioned in your review, our hotel has recently gone through an extensive renovation of all rooms and lobby area and we are very proud of our new hotel. As the final part of our $10 million renovation, we have demolished the two story wing of the hotel. This area is being quickly cleaned up and it will be replaced by a beautiful outdoor courtyard and additional parking.

I'm sorry the new Courtyard decor was not to your liking. In my years with Marriott I have come to the conclusion that everyone has a different opinion when it comes to hotel decor and it's almost impossible to please everyone.

I don't know why you were only offered Mild coffee at our Starbucks outlet as we offer a wide variety of Starbucks drinks, but I have shared your feedback with the restaurant manager to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

I hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Ogden and our exterior improvements are completed.

Kind Regards,

Ezequiel
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I am a loyal Marriott guest who found this Courtyard to not be up to Marriott standards. I stayed here years ago when it was a full service Marriott and before the remodel. (loved it then) When we first checked in I thought I was going to love this place. Clean. Newly remodeled. What isn't to like? But it didn't take long to loose that warm fuzzy feeling. The fan on the heater was on all the time. The only way to get it to shut off was to turn the heat off. The TV reception on the non HD channels was so bad they weren't watchable. It was either HD, or nothing. The lights in the bathroom were bare lightbulbs!!! No cases. No covers. Really!!! I asked the front desk if that was the norm and her response was "I don't know, I have never been in a room." The last straw was the lack of customer service. As a platinum that spends over 100 nights a year at Marriotts, they ignored all of my profile request and stuck me in a handicap room on a middle floor. They were not accommodating at all. I ran out of toothpaste and instead of having those tiny "get me one more brush" bottles that every hotel in America give out for free...they only sold toothpaste for $3 for a tiny bottle.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Cubfaninco,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We take matters such as this very seriously. One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service. Your feedback regarding the service our team provided caught my attention.I am very sorry to learn that the quality of service provided by our staff did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the team in an effort to improve our service moving forward.

Thank you for being a valued Marriott Rewards platinum member and for the loyalty you continually show to our brand.

We hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Ogden.

Ezequiel Guzman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

The good: The bed was pretty comfortable. The room was clean for the most part. Microwave and fridge were nice touches. Elevator is super fast!

The bad:
The room smelled weird upon arrival. As I was taking a shower, I noticed used soap, shampoo, and conditioner from the previous guest still in the shower. The AC doesn't cool, so the room was pretty warm (around 75). Had to open the window to cool the room. Bed was pretty firm, but sufficiently comfortable.

Maybe I just had some bad luck.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2015

A/C is regulated and does not cool the room. I stayed in two rooms... both had the same problem.

The shower handle in one room was too heavy to stay in one place. As a result the shower got too hot and stayed too hot. I had to move rooms because of this at 11 p.m. They said they had to move me to a different floor because there were no other rooms available. I stayed on Thursday night and their parking lot was practically empty. I won't be back. Hilton Garden Inn next time.

• Stayed January 2015
Mr_E_Guzman, General Manager at Courtyard Ogden, responded to this review, January 27, 2015
Dear Courtney P.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I apologize that your recent stay at our hotel was less than favorable. We have just finished a $10M renovation of the building and we are working out a few construction issues.

Your input is appreciated as it will help us make sure that future guests will not have to deal with some of the same issues.

We are very proud to bring the Marriott name back to Ogden and we look forward to providing all of our guests with the great experiences they expect from a Marriott hotel.

Been to Courtyard Ogden? Share your experiences!