“Amazing Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Summit Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Summit Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Summit Hotel & Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   247 24th Street, Ogden, UT 84401 (Formerly Ogden Marriott)   |
Ranked #7 of 22 hotels in Ogden
Carrollton, Virginia
“Amazing Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had an amazing stay at the hotel. We have a 10 month old and a 5 year old and the room was big enough for them to run around and to put a pack n play in for our son to sleep in. The beds were amazing so far in our travels we have stayed at 2 other hotels and the bed at Summit puts the others to shame. We miss that bed!! :) As far as food we had breakfast and the price is very good according to the meal portions. My daughter got a kids meal and it filled her up! My meal was incredible! I had blueberry pancakes with honey butter and syrup; by far the best pancakes I have ever had! The rooms are very well designed with the subtile and the granite in the bathroom; I can see that this hotel wants the customer to feel like they are at home. The staff was very friendly and everyone that we encountered had a smile on their face. Housekeeping requests were completed in a super quick manner. We asked for extra towels and housekeeping was there in minutes. I would highly recommend this hotel for military also. If we are ever in the area again we will stay there.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are easy to access parking both front and back. Back parking is best and bigger.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RyanMcKenzie, Assistant General Manager at Summit Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear gager00,

Amazing stays is what we strive for with each of our guests! Our beds were put in this time last year and we have only received rave reviews on them. I am glad you enjoyed them.

The honey butter you had with your blueberry pancakes is made fresh in our kitchen by our Executive Chef Zach. He has recently updated all of our menus and was able to provide great options at reduced prices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. One of those items includes his Weber State Award Winning Black Pepper Jam Wings.

With Hill Air Force Base down the street we do have military stay with us quite often and we are honored to have them. We offer rooms to the military at per diem but we also include access to our concierge lounge (the concierge lounge offers hot breakfast each morning and hor dourves and desserts each night at no additional cost!).

Thank you for choosing the Summit Hotel for your trip to Ogden. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Rockwood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel is okay but definitely not a Marriott (literally). It used to be a Marriott but changed to the Summit earlier this year. To be fair, the hotel is okay - quite clean. I attended a conference at this hotel for 2 nights. Our conference was catered by the hotel - the food was decent.

I had a few issues with the hotel:
1. I was given an adjoining room - this was awful as the doors are paper thin. I could hear everything in the room adjoined to mine (TV, phone conversations - the TV and my neighbour were not excessively loud...but I could hear them as though they were standing in the middle of my room).
2. Upon check-in, and during my stay, I found the front desk to be understaffed...and frankly, not really friendly.

On the positive side, the hotel rooms have flat screen tvs and very confortable beds and pillows.

All in all, the hotel was okay.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get an adjoining room unless you are travelling with a group. Very thin doors w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tim C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We did transition from a Marriott in March of this year. While we are no longer a Marriott we are proud to still offer all of the same amenities and services that we did prior to the transition. One of those services is our Concierge Lounge that ranked #1 in the nation while with Marriott.

I do apologize for the noise you experienced in your room. We would be happy to accommodate you in a room that does not have a connecting door the next time you stay with us. I understand how important it is to have a quiet room when staying at a hotel. I have also passed on your comments to the Front Desk about your experience there. Please feel free to contact me directly about your experience with the Front Desk as we take great pride in our Front Desk providing exceptional guest services.

Ogden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I had a much needed night away form the kiddos and decided to stay in town. I was pleasantly surprised how much nicer the hotel was sense the name change from the Marriott, I have stayed there in the past but WOW much nicer. The staff was very friendly, room was very clean, and breakfast was awesome. WE spent some time on 25th street checking out the shops, bars, and The Junction (great for kids) . We headed back to the hotel for a night cap at the bar, it was very relaxing after a night out. We will definitely be back for another nigh out.

Dear Chris L,

It is always great to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us. Since we have transitioned from the Marriott to the Summit we have worked very hard to maintain our services and amenities. I am glad to hear that you felt we exceeded that since we were a Marriott. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you and your wife need to get away!

Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I needed a night away to celebrate our anniversary and chose to stay close to home. Check in was a breeze, and all the staff was very kind and friendly. We never had any problems with noise from other guest ( even though there was a wedding going on that night) which is great when you have young children at home. Our room was super clean and I loved the décor, also the bed was so comfortable, I was sad I had to leave the next day to go back to my bed. We also spent some time in the bar in the evening which was a great place to relax together and have a few drinks. We will for sure be back again for another mini get away!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RyanMcKenzie, Assistant General Manager at Summit Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Shaylee L,

We love to be the destination of choice for the local Ogden residents to get away for a stay-cation. That is great that you were able to enjoy the Rocks Lounge for a night cap and have that mini escape.

I will make sure to pass on your review to our staff. They will love to here that you enjoyed your stay!

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next get away! Make sure to check our facebook page and website for special offers.

Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I travel and stay at hotels often. About 20 times per year. This is the first time that I've stayed at this establishment (it certainly wont be the last) and everything was just perfect.

The young lady at the rececption desk was cheerful and most accommodating. I arrived shortly before noon, not really expecting to be able to check in and was pleasantly surprised when she allowed me to do so. I had a luncheon meeting across the street, so this allowed me to get refreshed, review my notes and get myself prepared for a two and a half hour luncheon/meeting.

Upon arrival at my room, I found all was in order and sparkling clean. It was equiped with everything that I needed. Wi-fi, iron, refrigerator, etc. and with a mountain view. I kind of was a little disappointed that I was only staying the one night.

Each time I passed by a staff member, he or she greeted me with a pleasant hello and smile.

Cudos to management and staff of this beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side have mountain views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ty T,

I am happy to hear that you had a great experience during your most recent stay with us. Since Idaho Falls is only a short drive away from Ogden we do look forward to welcoming you back to Ogden.

Since a lot of our guests are professionals traveling on business we know that your comfort and relaxation are very important to get you ready for your day at the office. That is great that you were able to check in early to refresh and get your notes together prior to your meeting.

I will be passing on your review to the rest of our staff as they love to hear that they made a guest's stay a memorable one.

If you are traveling to Ogden frequently on business we would love to set up a special negotiated rate for you and your company to guarantee you a discounted rate. I'd love to personally greet you the next time you are in Ogden. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

San Antonio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I'm tempted to say that this is the worst hotel in town, though I haven't had the pleasure of staying anywhere else for comparison. I agree with the other person who talked about the hotel management's refusal to allow for a late checkout for the marathoners, but it gets worse. So, I emailed ahead of time to ask if it was possible to get a late checkout for the marathon, and I never got a response. I didn't think too much of it because out of ten previous marathons, in ten other cities, I've never been refused a late checkout for a marathon. Well, they waited (bait and switch more like it) to tell us at the front desk that if they allowed us a late checkout, then they'd have to let everyone else have one, and then their staff would have to stay late...you get the picture. I told them I had emailed ahead of time about the issue, but, oh, conveniently, they never saw the email. Too late to change hotels once we were there, and I had to change in the parking lot in the car after the race. Cold, wet, exhausted, and The Summit could have cared less.
What was really the icing on the cake, though, was that our room on the second floor was right next door (literally, there was a locked door where our view should have been) to the pool room. So, our room smelled like chlorine. It was hot and humid and EXTREMELY NOISY. The kids in the room next door were screaming and running around all night, too. So, forget about going to bed early to try and catch some sleep before getting up at 3 a.m. to catch the 5 a.m. bus to the start. I was trashed the next day.
Do not stay here if you have a choice. Pay a little extra if you have to to stay at the Ben Lomond or something. If you absolutely must stay here, though, request a room AWAY from the pool.
The worst, the worst, the worst!

Room Tip: Don't stay here if at all possible.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear RunnerGirl72,

I apologize that we were unable to grant a late checkout for your stay. I want you to know that we do truly care about our guests and their satisfaction with our hotel and services. Unfortunately we do have some days where we have a large group checking in the same day that we have a large group checking out. In the case of the Ogden Marathon we had 2 groups checking in on that Saturday. In order to comply with our guaranteed 3pm check-in policy we were not able to grant every request for a late checkout.

I understand how this inconvenienced a lot of runners for the marathon. I do apologize again for that inconvenience.

I would truly love another opportunity to have you stay with us. Please contact me directly so I can personally assist you with your next stay. I know that we can show you that we are one of the best hotels in Ogden and your most recent experience with us was not what our guests typically experience.

Lilongwe, Malawi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The hotel staff first of all gave us a hard time about our tax exemption status as US government employees. We were first given a room with 2 beds when a king was requested. Then we were given a king room but it had an adjourning door and they placed a couple in that room despite the hotel appearing to be empty. Then we didn't get any sleep because the couple next door was extremely loud all night long. We were planning to stay 4 nights but had to check out immediately in the morning. The hotel management charged us full price and didn't offer to comp any of our extras. They said they can't tell people to be quiet. However, I informed them that they could plan where they are placing guests and need to pay attention to where the adjourning doors are when planning room assignments. This was our 3rd stop in travels all over Utah and definitely the worst experience by far. Oh and at the bar the attendant measured our wine glasses with a measuring cup right in front of us before serving very small pours.

Dear AlisonLM8021,

I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We definitely could have addressed your challenges in a different way and will use this as a training tool for our staff. We always welcome feedback regardless if it is positive or constructive. It is a great tool for always improving our guest services. We take all of our reviews very seriously.

The next time you are traveling in to Ogden, Utah we would love another opportunity to show you that we are a great place to stay. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly so I can personally assist you with your stay.

I hope to hear from you soon,
ryan.mckenzie@summithotelogden.com

Been to Summit Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!