“My son and I loved our stay here and everyone made us feel welcomed.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Summit Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Summit Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Summit Hotel & Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   247 24th Street, Ogden, UT 84401 (Formerly Ogden Marriott)   |
Ranked #9 of 22 hotels in Ogden
Midway, Utah
“My son and I loved our stay here and everyone made us feel welcomed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for my son's away from home hockey game. My son loved the room and the selection of channels on the TV. we did order room service and our food was great, the service was excellent and everyone was really friendly. Room was excellent. Would stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012
RyanMcKenzie, Director of Rooms at Summit Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear rustyred1,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott Ogden for your trip to Ogden. I am happy to see that you and your son enjoyed your stay with us. I am also glad that your son enjoyed the selection of television stations. This week we are expanding our channel selection as well as upgrading to HDTV in all of our guest rooms. So, for your next visit to the Ogden Marriott your son will enjoy that amenity even more!

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Warm Regards,
Ryan McKenzie

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have start this review off by by saying we are Marriott 'fans' ! Having said that, the Ogden Marriott was a VERY pleasant experience. The hotel has a very warm ambiance, very friendly personnel including their Manager whom introduced himself as we were packing our car before leaving next morning. The room was very tasteful, large & extremely comfortable. The window air conditioner was slightly noisy so we mentioned it to the front desk next morning. We thoroughly enjoyed a full breakfast next morning (included in our package price) & were very well looked after by the restaurant personnel .
Another plus...the hotel is well within walking distance to an excellent select of restaurants nearby
All in all, a VERY pleasant stay which only reaffirmed our loyalty as Marriott 'fans'

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RyanMcKenzie, Director of Rooms at Summit Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear KootenayGold,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I was the manager you met out in the parking lot. It was a pleasure catching you on your way out and learning about your travels! We certainly appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and hope to see you again very soon!

Warm Regards,
Ryan McKenzie
Director of Rooms
tinley park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is the first stay with Mariott Ogden. The room was emaculate. The pool and fitness room just as clean as could be. I needed a microwave and I saw and engineer in the hallway and asked him on my way out how I could get one. His response was before you get back to your room, you will have one. And I did. the front desk takes their time and makes sure that your question is answered. I was there for business. It also has free wireless. The hotel is about as perfect as could be. Newspaper in my room daily and early. Perfect check out. Does not get better than this.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RyanMcKenzie, Director of Rooms at Summit Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear CUBSFAN1956,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott during your time in Ogden, Utah. We truly appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to review our property.

As you mentioned in your review our staff takes great pride in serving our guests. It is something we are very passionate about. I love hearing about experiences like the one you had with our engineer in the hallway.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our property and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!
Eagar, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here for Xterra race, so it was very handy for other events held in conjunction with it.
The Full Moon Festival was held the same week-end and we were only a block away from all the fun. The room was very comfortable and clean. The front desk to the cleaning staff were very friendly and professional. The hot tub was a little heavy on chlorine, but area was well kept and clean.

Room Tip: Starbucks in the lobby!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear wtmtnfox85,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott for your trip to Ogden, Utah! The Xterra race was a great event and we were excited to host its participants.

It was great timing to have the Harvest Moon Festival going on at the same time so everyone could get a great feel for Ogden's local festivities. The Marriott is lucky enough to be right in the middle of everything, as you mentioned, from all the restaurants and shops on 25th street to the Junction (movies, restaurants, indoor skydiving, etc). Everything anyone would need is well within walking distance of the Marriott.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back! Thank you again for choosing Marriott!
Manchester, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past ten years. I have seen changes to the decor and look of the hotel. The one thing that remains a constant is the consistently good service I receive when I am here. I most recently stayed in September 2012 as a part of a trade show package. Brigit Pack and her staff did an excellent job with every facet of the organization of the events surrounding the trade show.

The hotel is in a good loaction in Ogden within easy walking distance of several restaurants and within easy driving distance of several more restaurants as well as shopping. The mountain view from the hotel (as well as anywhere else in Ogden) is beautiful. My hotel room had a comfortable bed and good work station. The hotel has a small exercise room and really small indoor pool. I used the exercise room, which has cardio equipment and a few benches for use with the free weights/dumbells provided.

I ate breakfast in the restaurant one morning. As one might expect with a Marriott, the buffet was quite good and included eggs to order. The buffet, however, was not the only option as the restaurant also offered items from a menu. I did not eat at the hotel for any other meals, but the restaurant appears to be popular. The hotel also has a Starbuck's in the lobby, which offers a better grade of coffee than the complimentary variety.

All in all, the hotel is pleasant, and I plan to stay here again when my business travel takes me to this area.

Dear Greg A,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Marriott Ogden. I know how busy your days are and we appreciate your feedback!

Marriott Ogden takes great pride in delivering elevated service on a consistent basis. We truly appreciate your return business year after year. I have passed your kind words on to Brigit as she takes great pride in servicing the conference you participated in. We look forward to another succesful conference in 2013!

Again, thank you for choosing Marriott and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is the second time that we have stayed at this property--one time a number of years ago in the winter time on a ski trip and recently so my husband could participate in a triathlon at Snow Basin. The hotel is very conveniently located in the historic part of Ogden, where there are a number of dining choices. The room we were given was quite large, and was your standard Marriott fare. We had access to the concierge lounge where a good breakfast was served. The lounge was closed on the weekends, but they gave us a voucher for the buffet at the restaurant, which was actually quite exceptional (extremely varied assortment of foods). My only complaint about the hotel was that we stayed there for 7 nights and were given a room on the 3rd floor with a really lousy view (actually looked out on a some concrete structure). As loyal supporters of Marriott (platinum member), I thought they might have tried harder to please (especially since I found out that another guest who was not even a Marriott member and was staying by himself for 3 nights there was upgraded to a suite). But in general I would recommend this as a very nice place to stay while visiting Ogden.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view of the mountains - probably best from highest floors.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Fridaysmom,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Marriott Ogden. We know you have many options to choose from when visiting Ogden and we are honored you chose Marriott!

I was happy to see that you had a great experience in our Concierge Lounge. Currently our Concierge Lounge is ranked in the top 1% in the nation for service! We are very proud of that!

I apologize that we were unable to reserve a room on a higher floor for you. Concierge Level rooms are always in high demand. The next time you are visiting Ogden please don't hesitate to contact myself or the Front Desk prior to your arrival to see if a complimentary upgrade to the Concierge Level will be available during your dates of stay. We will do everything we can to accommodate you.

Again, thank you for staying with Marriott and taking time out of your busy day to review our property.

We look forward to serving you again soon!
Strongsville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Typical Marriott rooms, No surprises. Walking distance to a number of restaurants, beautiful view of the mountains. Minor league baseball park is across the street. In-house restaurant above average for hotel food.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor. Many lower floor rooms have obstructed views.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RyanMcKenzie, Director of Rooms at Summit Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Accuseal,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you were able to catch a Raptors (Ogden's Minor League Baseball Team) game during your stay. The next time you visit us during baseball season check with the front desk to see if we have any tickets for the game. If we have any tickets available you can enjoy a game on us!

Thank you for choosing Marriott. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Been to Summit Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!