I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past ten years. I have seen changes to the decor and look of the hotel. The one thing that remains a constant is the consistently good service I receive when I am here. I most recently stayed in September 2012 as a part of a trade show package. Brigit Pack and her staff did an excellent job with every facet of the organization of the events surrounding the trade show.
The hotel is in a good loaction in Ogden within easy walking distance of several restaurants and within easy driving distance of several more restaurants as well as shopping. The mountain view from the hotel (as well as anywhere else in Ogden) is beautiful. My hotel room had a comfortable bed and good work station. The hotel has a small exercise room and really small indoor pool. I used the exercise room, which has cardio equipment and a few benches for use with the free weights/dumbells provided.
I ate breakfast in the restaurant one morning. As one might expect with a Marriott, the buffet was quite good and included eggs to order. The buffet, however, was not the only option as the restaurant also offered items from a menu. I did not eat at the hotel for any other meals, but the restaurant appears to be popular. The hotel also has a Starbuck's in the lobby, which offers a better grade of coffee than the complimentary variety.
All in all, the hotel is pleasant, and I plan to stay here again when my business travel takes me to this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summit Hotel is currently under renovation and will soon become the Courtyard by Marriott. Please pardon our dust during this transition, many of our outlets are currently closed. Complimentary Breakfast is available to all guests, thank you for your understanding. The Summit Hotel is located in the heart of Ogden, which has become a destination for outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy skiing/snowboarding at one of three winter resorts located less than 30 minutes away: Snowbasin, Powder Mountain, or Wolf Creek. During spring, summer and fall guests enjoy hiking and biking on mountain trails; or boating and fishing at Pineview Reservoir. The Summit Hotel is adjacent to Historic 25th Street. We are minutes from Hill Air Force Base, Lagoon, and only 35 minutes north of Salt Lake City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Summit Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ogden Marriott Hotel Ogden
- Marriott Ogden
- Summit Hotel & Conference Center Ogden, Utah